Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: God-Kings! -Turn 12-  (Read 13576 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: God-Kings! -Turn 2- (13/???)
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2023, 05:06:20 pm »

With the changing of Seasons, Tim lets the curse of the Eternal Sun fall free. They have endured the fire, and come out stronger for it.

"Oh THESUN, Do you wish to spread the light across the land? Oh the Shaded Neetocris, do you wish to offer blessing to those who live in the dark?"

"Bring an end and link the fires of our vessels into one diurnal light?"

Code: (Proposal: The SUN Phoenix of Night Flame) [Select]
Cost: 3 Major Interventions
Type: World Construct
Race: Divine Spirit Beast
Inhabitance: THESUN, Neetocris, Tim
Description: A spirit greater than any other, it flies around space. It's fire shines upon the land, creating the long nights and days wherever it's light touches.
A phoenix born from divine might, who revives time and again, it's purple plumage burning with the might of the lost Sun.

“I can’t do that without exploding, and unlike the two of you I like staying in one piece. Pass.”

Minor Interaction: Grant a minor interaction’s worth of the incoming plague sentience, allowing the disease to make its own choice. Task the sentient disease with entering into mortal’s bodies and fighting off the hostile plague.

Minor Interaction: Create a bathhouse in the palace, one that removes filth and disease from those who bathe in its warm waters, decorated by statues of the Gods. This way I will not be forced to move on his own due to lack of servants.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2023, 07:03:22 pm »

Minor Intervention: Place a Laser Cannon on the top of the pyramid construct of Omnipotence, that should be able to damage anything in its wake, mainly interlopers

Minor Blessing: Bless a group of Sandfolk to spread the good word of a God-King of Lasers that resides within Gempria, trying to proleytize all the Kingdoms and Empires it comes across to form a cult for the worship of lasers means the worship of energy!, the most powerful thing in existence, as well as trying to unite the Sandfolk to worship Omnipotence its creator.

Action: Go and float towards the Interloper hunting Omnipotence and his followers and go blast it out of existence
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 12:04:54 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2023, 07:03:54 pm »

Minor Interaction: Sponsor printing presses to create entertaining content, so that mortals will be encouraged to remain in their homes during the incoming pandemic and thus be protected by the home’s blessing.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2023, 07:17:32 pm »

Spoiler: Gratis (click to show/hide)

Major Intervention: Creation of many golems, with the knowledge of advanced medicine, and spread the knowledge for all mortals nearby.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2023, 07:20:30 pm »

Reacting with haste to the envoy, Kesem called upon his great powers enhanced by the people, and shatted the beast into a field of stars. Where ocne the monster schreeched and chastised the secrets and information Kesem held, and gave to those who wished to hear, now he too was bound by it, flooded with voices of propety communed by shifting stars, that the people of the lands under the stars could see, and with time understand. Those who pass down these arts, and the worship of the god who created them, may be able to help their brothers and sisters against floods, droughts and famines to come.

Spend a Major action creating the Wailing Stars by altering his attackers nature, by shattering the envoy sent to best him. To bestow prophecy and divination unto the people, and guide them across the darkened skies into the light With takis strengthening of the ecosystem, this should give mortals the heads up they need to prepare for a supposed famine, by ensuring rations and stored goods are made at a quick pace.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 07:30:24 pm by Megam0nkey »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2023, 07:26:11 pm »

Reacting with haste to the envoy, Kesem called upon his great powers enhanced by the people, and shatted the beast into a field of stars. Where ocne the monster schreeched and chastised the secrets and information Kesem held, and gave to those who wished to hear, now he too was bound by it, flooded with voices of propety communed by shifting stars, that the people of the lands under the stars could see, and with time understand. Those who pass down these arts, and the worship of the god who created them, may be able to help their brothers and sisters against floods, droughts and famines to come.

Turning his attention back to the desert, Kesem saw his cousin create such wonderous inventions, that gave the people the ability to travel the sky. Wishing to help her, and the Wanderers of the desert once more, he dropped comets upon the ground, containing metal which refused to touch it...Floatiron, it was called...and perhaps those brave enough to explore could use this metal to craft more, and repair their barges...create wings of iron to soar the air and make cities even...he once again laid down the possibility, to watch the mortals create wonder with the tools given.

Finally, he looked out upon the kingdom of his cousin, THESUN...and decided to play a little trick on him, by twisting stars shunned and jealous of the stars into Star Wyrms, dragons that hoarded bits and pieces of the suns light, creating balls of day in which they sat upon, and flaunted across small parts of the world for 12 hour periods, creating sunlight and sight for these creatures, who boasted of the Starcloaked wanderers plans and tricks

Spend a Major action creating the Wailing Stars, by shattering the envoy sent to best him. To bestow prophecy and divination unto the people, and guide them across the darkened skies into the light.

Spend 2 minor actions creating Starmetal across portions of the desert, and the Solitary Star Wyrms, dragons of divine heat who flaunted their plunders in the forms of tiny pieces of the sun, then retreated into their caves for a while to rest. creating a bizzare system of day wherever they traveled.
Unfortunately you are limited to 1 Intervention(Action)!

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2023, 07:27:36 pm »

Ah, ok, lemme fix that

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2023, 07:30:01 pm »

You can either spend 0 major interventions to perform 1 minor intervention
OR
spend 1 major intervention to perform 1 major intervention
OR
spend 1 major intervention to perform 3 minor interventions

Also, if you're going to just kill the Another Envoy, shall I do something other and injure it? I could make the floaty stuff maybe, though I like the idea of just floating using hot air from fire words.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2023, 07:31:31 pm »

Alright, modified my action. Probably should deal with the most pressing threat by turning it into stars, anyways. And yeah, go ahead, im gonna modify its nature to give prophecy to the people so spend that minor action however you please.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 07:36:14 pm by Megam0nkey »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2023, 08:53:52 pm »

With the changing of Seasons, Tim lets the curse of the Eternal Sun fall free. They have endured the fire, and come out stronger for it.

"Oh THESUN, Do you wish to spread the light across the land? Oh the Shaded Neetocris, do you wish to offer blessing to those who live in the dark?"

"Bring an end and link the fires of our vessels into one diurnal light?"

Code: (Proposal: The SUN Phoenix of Night Flame) [Select]
Cost: 3 Major Interventions
Type: World Construct
Inhabitance: THESUN, Neetocris, Tim
Description: A spirit greater than any other, it flies around space. It's fire shines upon the land, creating the long nights and days wherever it's light touches.
A phoenix born from divine might, who revives time and again, it's purple plumage burning with the might of the lost Sun.
THESUN happily examines the intricate blueprints they receive through one of those new mailpipes, before scrawling all over them with golden glitter sharpies and sending it back.

Counterproposal:
Code: (THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame) [Select]
Cost: 2 Major Interventions
Type: World Vessel
Inhabitance: THESUN, Tim
Description: THESUNTHESUNTHESUN

A spirit greater than any other, it flies around in The Night Sky. Its fire shines upon the land, creating the day wherever its light touches.

THESUNTHESUNTHESUN

Periodically, THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame will explode in a spectacular burst of light (the day is always brightest before dusk)
after which there is a period of night-darkness, before THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame is reborn, rising from the ashes of their explosion,
bringing day once more.

THESUNTHESUNTHESUN

Those who stare directly at THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame for at least an hour begin to experience steady permanent vision loss,
but are also cured of sickness.

A phoenix born from divine might, who revives time and again, its purple plumage burning with the might of lost THESUN.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 04:10:31 am by Demonic Spoon »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2023, 09:55:01 am »

Tim receives the glittered proposal back.

"Very Glittery. Not ideal, but to my purposes. May the Sun's fire enrich the lives of others. Craftsman and people, we create the Light that shall banish the darkness, for the World!"

Tim minorly Blesses the original Printing Machine to be easy to understand, use, and replicate. This knowledge shall be written down within it's own books, passed down for generations. It's works shall spread throughout the land, telling of the great Phoenix and the end of the Long Dark.

Tim minorly Blesses the construction of the World Construct, so that it's creation with be swift and flawless, empowered by two gods.
The old Blessing on themself fades.

"Hear and harken, the long fight ends, the light spreads. By Fire is Sun reborn, and by Sun is darkness banished. We, together. To challenge nature and change it!" Major Intervention: The World Vessel (1/2)

"Together, we Intervene, filling the Divine Spirit Beast with our essence."

Counterproposal:
Code: (THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame) [Select]

A spirit greater than any other, it flies around in The Night Sky. Its fire shines upon the land, creating the day wherever its light touches.

THESUNTHESUNTHESUN

Periodically, THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame will explode in a spectacular burst of light (the day is always brightest before dusk)
after which there is a period of night-darkness, before THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame is reborn, rising from the ashes of their explosion,
bringing day once more.

THESUNTHESUNTHESUN

Those who stare directly at THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame for at least an hour begin to experience steady permanent vision loss,

A phoenix born from divine might, who revives time and again, its purple plumage burning with the might of lost THESUN.
Change Vessel into this, dragging the exploding THESUN with me. We Fly! (On completion of the THESUN's actions. THESUNTHEFIRETHUSUNTHELIGHTTHESUNITBURNS, This is Fine.)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 09:58:36 am by TricMagic »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2023, 10:11:45 am »

THESUN summons a vast audience of the People of Eternal Day. It tells them that a prophecy will be fulfilled, just as THESUN came down to the earth and gave them Eternal Day, so shall THESUN return to the skies they have left for too long, to grant succour to all those in darkness who cry out for THESUN.

THESUN says that their solar ascension is imminent, and those gathered here will be lucky enough to witness.

But, says THESUN, that its sight into the seen and unseen has warned it of the potential for a great sickness to come across all peoples. THESUN says that in the empire under the largest mountain, there should be great scholars, and scholarly golems, of medicine, and asks that the People of Eternal Day transcribe this precious medical knowledge into books, and print those books, and spread them so that there might be some relief from the sufferings of life. But if all else fails, says THESUN, stare into THESUN, and the sickness shall leave you, even as the truth of THESUN is burned into your eyes, leaving you unable to see the falsehoods that is everything else.

Finally, THESUN asks that their fleshy form, Sion the Smith, which had so kindly hosted themselves during there stay among the People of Eternal Day be remembered for his service, even if he shall live on forever as a part of THESUN. THESUN then asks the People of Eternal Day to stand well back, so that they will not be hurt by the vast solar energies which THESUN will channel. And such energies does THESUN channel, its form slowly melting away like an icecube in the light of THESUN. Finally exploding in a shower of golden glitter and pearls, scattering over the crowd.

Major Intervention: Co-operate with Tim to create THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame

THESUNTHESUNTHESUN

bringing day once more.

THESUNTHESUNTHESUN

« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 10:50:07 am by Demonic Spoon »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2023, 10:38:31 am »

Revolution has been quiet.

Queen Vetriel remembers the day she drew the god-sword from its resting place. It had continued talking for hours. Not with drivel - the advice was certainly well-intentioned - but it frequently went off into tangents, wielding wordplay and unknown vocabulary that probably referred to politics well above any level she understood. And that state of affairs had continued for... a while.

Until she found the book.

It was unclear what was special about it. Nobody had been able to translate it. But Revolution insisted upon keeping it nearby, and ever since, their statements were few and far between, and laconic besides when they showed up.

...hmn? Huh.

Such as, apparently, now.

No, no, that won’t do... did you know, there’s to be a plague soon?

“Aside from the rotless blight?”

Yes, actually, somebody got sick and decided that should be everybody’s problem. Let me... yes, that should work...

Minor Intervention: Grant Queen Vetriel of the Adventurer Kingdom, as well as the Shaman Kings (but primarily Vetriel) significant medical knowledge.
Major Blessing: Bless all those healers among the peoples of Scaple.

Vetriel felt her mind fill with knowledge of maladies and afflictions, and how to treat and cure them. Some were familiar - few adventurers hadn’t at least encountered somebody who broke a bone - while some plagues barely seemed possible.

Congratulations, you should know know the most of medicine out of all the peoples of Scaple. Please go teach people about that stuff, by the way, it’ll be important. Don’t want people dying too much, ideally.

She waited a moment, but the sword had fallen silent again.

Draw the sword, they’d said. She was the greatest among them, they’d said. She thinks her patience was the more important quality that people had been thinking of...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 23, 2023, 09:20:53 pm »

Action 3

The Emperor, Sratiitra, Sole Chosen of Rut-Var.

SEE THE FACE OF GOD. DEVOUR THE FLAME THAT WILL CONSUME YOU.

On the Granite Throne of the Gavrasratii, the Emperor begins to shift and change. Already larger than any Sratii, he grows larger yet still. Two more arms sprout from his body, and more changes occur still. A pale fire dances among their horns. They stand from the throne and address the court of Sratii and golems.

“SEE ME NOW AND SEE THE MOUNTAIN. SEE YOUR FATHER, SEE YOUR MOTHER. I AM THE MOTHER-EMPEROR, GOD UNDER THE MOUNTAIN.”

Switch Vessel to the Emperor of the Gavrasratii- now known as Mother-Emperor Rut-Var

Stats:
Awe: 3
Law: 1
Might:3

The altar becomes reopened, and the great warriors, loremasters, and lords are encouraged to sacrifice for godly wisdom and power.

If Major Intervention occurs after switch:
Form tunnels underneath the earth all across the world, allowing the Gavrasratii the ability to  spread their armies and colonies under the surface.

If major intervention occurs before the switch, we just stash the major intervention instead of blowing up the mountain :p

WE FOLLLW THE STONE ROAD. WE TREAD THE PATH OF DESTINY. THE MOTHER MOUNTAIN IS OUR HEART, OUR VEINS COURSE THROUGH THE EARTH.

FEAR NOT THE DARKNESS, FOR I AM IN YOU.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 09:32:52 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2023, 11:33:54 pm »

If Major Intervention occurs after switch:
Form tunnels underneath the earth all across the world, allowing the Gavrasratii the ability to  spread their armies and colonies under the surface.
THESUN requests that no such tunnels be made under the Empire of Eternal Day, for it infringes on Eternal Day territorial integrity and also it's annoying to have to live in a constant state of readiness against a potential underground Sratii invasion.

- Missive released from a concealed mailpipe inside the Sratii Emperor's throne room.

Spend a Major action creating the Wailing Stars by altering his attackers nature, by shattering the envoy sent to best him. To bestow prophecy and divination unto the people, and guide them across the darkened skies into the light With takis strengthening of the ecosystem, this should give mortals the heads up they need to prepare for a supposed famine, by ensuring rations and stored goods are made at a quick pace.
A stray sunbeam shines right in Kesems eyes! It's transmits a request from THESUN to open up the libraries of the Librarian Tower to the printers and bookbinders of Eternal Day, so that their collected knowledge can be spread for the betterment of all civilization.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 11:53:20 pm by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27