Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 4.2: Year 1 Month of Aum (6/6)  (Read 8096 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 1.3: Year 1 Month of Idna (6/6)
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2023, 05:51:21 pm »

Duke Gul'Athur sighs as his forces begin to pull back.

"There's no way to stop them when they get like this. If you survive then I would still like to parley, though I would understand if you have no inclination to do so after this. While I have no intention to join them in attempting to forcibly convert you, I would recommend you negotiate a conditional surrender."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2023, 07:48:23 pm »

Turn 2.1: Year 1 - Month of Ruen [Start]

Ruen of Eternal Strife the Sword Dragon, the Fallen God of Conflict. Depicted as a many-headed dragon with thousand arms each wielding a different sword, it is said he fell in battle against a party of the greatest demigods born of Virtuous Gods.

ACTIONS

Roll (3/2/1/0): On Expedition to Latze Plains

- Opportunity continued: Meeting with Zagan-Yoof
Roll rolls on it's wheel a bit.

"Great Herd-leader of the Bartoros tribes. I cam from my lands to explore the world, roll across it's many valleys, forests, plains. The Virtuous Races deplore monsters, and seek to destroy us whenever we rise. Even at peace, there is war. My King seeks an end to this cycle, where the virtuous gods declared the creations of the fallen gods anathema."

"I can say all that, but my only desire is to explore these vast lands for myself. My king has declared, all regions surrounding Zethe are to be be brought into the fold, that our civilization may grow to become the beacon for all monsters. No longer shall monsters be bound by the curse of the gods."

"That's about it really. I'm pretty simple in my own desires. Should you wish for your own desires to be heard, I'm sure the king will accept that too. You have seen the plains, but there is much more to see beyond them. That's why I left my own home in the Dream Realms."

"You have shown respect to our ways, and taken the time to learn of them. For that you have my respect Roll! But your grand words, and grander ambitions, I cannot trust! Not until we race across Latze, then will I see if your word is true. You have my word!"

Roll:
Attribute: STR 3 + MAG 2
Bonus: All-Terrain Vehicle (4)
Roll [6d6]: 4+[22]=26

Zagan-Yoof:
Attribute: STR 4
Bonus: Bartoros Champion (4)
Roll [5d6]: 4+[17]=21

The greatest Bartoros herds gathered to witness the legendary race that would decide the fate of Bartoros and Latze. The challenger Roll the Wheelie of Zethe, who would be known as in the future as the "Dream Racer" by the inhabitants of Latze, against Zagan-Yoof the Redhorn of Latze until then undefeated. The second the start call was heard, the two contestants took off in a cloud of dust, each riding faster than the wind and the birds. They raced across all of Latze, exchanging the first spot at countless occasions over the course of this duel. Then as the finishing line was in sight, and the two racers were shoulder to shoulder... Roll called forth the last reserves of his Dream Engine, propelling himself to victory.

"You race beautifully, Roll. This is my loss, and I have seen the freedom and honesty inside your heart. Bartoros! With you as witness, the Wheelie of Zethe is victor. You have seen his spirit. I, Bartoros the Redhorn, put my trust in Roll to pass the message to his King: the Latze Plains bow to the King of Zethe."

The Latze Plains region has changed Allegiance to Zethe
Favour earned: Bartoros Herds

Spoiler: Roll's Army (click to show/hide)

Gnarl (0/4/1/1) and Eversor (4/2/0/0): On Expedition to Grenvud Forests

- Opportunity continued: Meeting with Ako
"We do not seek to harm the Forest and its Will, nor its inhabitants, Guardian. Nay, we wish for them to grow and flourish, guided by His Majesty's warm light," the Armor replies in a deep, rumbling echo, "The 'Conqueror of the Mountain', King Radeus of Zethe, wishes for the Forest to fall under His benevolent protection. How will the Forest answer?" it inquires, gauntlet clenching more tightly around the handle of its great mace.

The Old Gremlin shuts his gab, about to tear into the talking twig for referring to the King with such disrespect but being beaten to the punch by Eversor. "Indeed, the Master's wisdom and power are enough to protect you and your forest. Soon all the lands around the Mountain will know the glory of our King. Better to enjoy the peace and safety, don't you agree?" The Gremlin boasts, his malevolent gaze leering around the clearing.

The Guardian Tree frowned, its trunk creaking uneasily.
"Your might, we do not doubt. But your words, are another matter. Flourish and grow, you say. Give us proof, and we will consider. The Forest doesn't lie."

Special Request #G1:
Name: Convince the Forest Guardian
Description: "Show us a proof of what can your kingdom bring to the Forest."
Tips: Build an infrastructure, or teach or resolve a problem there may be in Grenvud.
Guaranteed Reward: Favor from the sender. Grenvud Forests allegiance will change to Zethe.

Spoiler: Gnarl's Army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Eversor's Army (click to show/hide)

Ot'Ku Bo (4/0/2/0), and Unipent (4/1/0/1): On Expedition to Parabes Mountain Range

- Opportunity continued: Encounter with the Elementals of the Mountains Hearts
Ot'Ku Bo
"This 'ere land is now under th' protection of King Radeus, last child of Idna- and King of Zethe, Now You lot can Yield and live on, or we can make this a fight n' smash you down 'till theres none of ya left. Your choice, though I'm really hopin' you don't just give in for all yer posturin' 'cause I ain't had a good fight all month."
”You will serve Zerthe or be devoured, it a simple choice, consider it like gunboat diplomacy. Now make your call.” Unipent coils it’s snake-like body in a upwards pose with Fairy magic glistening around its horsehair scales

"Such defiance, the fires of the hearth will engulf you all!"

Battle Start!
Battlefield Name: Magma Chamber
Battlefield Effect: Every Squad lacking some resistance to fire and heat are afflicted by a -2 malus to CR.

Quote from: Ot'Ku Bo's Army
Leader: Ot'Ku Bo 5/5 (1d12)
Squad Slots: 1/1
Squads List:
#1 - Red Oni Berserkers 1/1 (1d6)

Spoiler: BASE PREPARED TACTICS (click to show/hide)

SPECIAL PREPARED TACTICS:
- Oni Inspiring Charge [LEA 1]: your Oni and Ogre squads gain +2CR and an additional +1CR per 2 LEA when attacking.
- Oni Giant Killer Formation [INT 2]: your Oni and Ogre squads focus on one squad of your choice, and get +1CR per INT above 2 when attacking that squad.

Quote from: Unipent's Army
Leader: Unipent 6/6 (1d14)
Squad Slots: 2/2
Squads List:
#1 - Jade Serpents 1/1 (1d6)
#2 - Bone Serpents 2/2 (1d6)

Spoiler: BASE PREPARED TACTICS (click to show/hide)

Special Prepared tactics:
- None

Quote from: Elemental Forces
Leader: Primal Magma Elemental 4/4 (1d12)
Squads List:
#1 - High Magma Elementals 1/1 (1d6)
#2 - High Magma Elementals 1/1 (1d6)
#3 - Lesser Magma Elementals 1/1 (1d4)
#4 - Lesser Magma Elementals 1/1 (1d4)
#5 - Lesser Magma Elementals 1/1 (1d4)

Spoiler: Ot'Ku Bo's Army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unipent's Army (click to show/hide)

Duke Gul'Athur (0/0/2/4): On Expedition to Parabes Mountain Range

- Establish mining village:
Attribute: LEA 4
Bonus: Veteran Statesman (4)
(Ore)Goal/Bonus1/Bonus2: 4/8/16
(Rare Ore)Goal/Bonus1/Bonus2: 14/28/56
Roll [5d6]: 4+[16]=20

The Duke left the two warrior lords to deal with the Elementals and went to find a proper location for a future mining village. With the help of the native Mountain Ogres, he managed to find a valley protected from the elements and connected to the underground network by nearby tunnels. With the help of his troops and the helpful arms of the Ogres, a mining village that would serve as an extraction base for the ore was established.

Parabes Mining Village constructed.
Ore extraction will be able to start once the Savagery gets to a lower level.

Spoiler: Duke Gul'Athur's Army (click to show/hide)

PERSONAL REQUESTS

Duke Gul'Athur: Request for new Barracks in Tartarus (3/3)
-> New Barracks have been built in Tartarus.
-> Effect: +2 to Recruit attempts. Max 1 Lord per turn.
Ot'Ku Bo: Request for a new Armory in Tartarus (3/3)
-> A new Armory has been built in Tartarus.
-> Effect: +2 to Outfit attempts. Max 1 Lord per turn.
Roll: Request for Wheel production (3/3)
-> Additional Wheels have been built at Roll's request, and are ready for delivery.
-> Effect: +4 to Research/Crafting involving Wheels. One time only.
Eversor: Request for new Training Camps in Tartarus (3/3)
-> New Training Camps have been built in Tartarus.
-> Effect: +2 to Training tasks. Max 1 Lord per turn.
Unipent: Request for a Magical Forge in Tartarus (3/3)
-> A new Forge has been built in Tartarus. It is not, however, magical.
-> Effect: +2 to some Crafting tasks. Max 1 Lord per turn.
/!\ Experts have estimated this request cannot be realized with the means at their disposal. They will try to do what they can, but don't expect much.

REQUESTS

Royal Request#1:
Name: Expanding Zethe's Influence
Description: His Majesty requests the regions directly bordering Tartarus be brought under Zethe's control.
Guaranteed Reward: Royal Favor. 1 Squad of Tartarian Guards or other elite troops.

The Kingdom has issued no new requests.

Spoiler: Available Requests (click to show/hide)

REGIONS DATA

Spoiler: Kingdom of Zethe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 1 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 2 Regions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distance 3 Regions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 07:56:16 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2023, 07:48:47 pm »

PLAYER STATUS

ADVISORS STATUS

None yet
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 08:02:22 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2023, 07:50:06 pm »

Announcement: players in waitlist may now join as Advisors. They will be unable to leave the Capital, and will not be able to go on Expeditions. Advisors cannot issue Personal Requests, but can complete another player's Personal Request.

Currently, there are 6 players able to go on Expeditions. A player may at any time relinquish its position and become an Advisor.

edit: forgot to process personal requests. In progress.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 07:58:27 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2023, 08:02:14 pm »

Ot'Ku Bo

All in, Red Oni Berzerkers, Oni Giant Killer Formation > Primal Magma Elemental remove the head and the tail shall follow
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 08:46:57 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2023, 08:06:34 pm »

Ot'Ku Bo

All in, Oni Giant Killer Formation > Primal Magma Elemental remove the head and the tail shall follow
You also got 1 point per INT to give to a squad for this battle.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2023, 08:10:32 pm »

Inspiring Charge -> Random Targets

The Serpent Brigade will try to devour as many magma elementals as possible!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2023, 08:21:08 pm »

Roll spends the beginning of the new month talking with the Bartoros and with the help of his squad the Carrak scattered around. The Redsang Fields are surveyed, and Roll assigns his squad to the Plains of Latze to help smooth over the integration with the rest of the kingdom.

They then return to the Kingdom center, tell the king they succeeded

Spoiler: king chat (click to show/hide)
and immediately set about telling the alchemist about the Redsang Grass and asking for help developing the resource wherever they can get it..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 08:52:59 pm by TricMagic »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom - Turn 2.1: Year 1 Month of Ruen (6/6)
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2023, 09:21:24 pm »

Skirmish at the Mountain's Heart

Battlefield Name: Magma Chamber
Battlefield Effect: Every Squad lacking some resistance to fire and heat are afflicted by a -2 malus to CR.

Ot'Ku Bo Army:
Tactic: Oni Giant Killer Formation [INT 2+1] (+3CR vs Primal Magma Elemental)
OKB: Ot'Ku Bo 5/5 (1d12+4)
ONI - Red Oni Berserkers 1/1 (1d6)

Unipent Army:
Tactic: Inspiring Charge (+1CR)
UNI: Unipent 6/6 (1d14+2)
JDS - Jade Serpents 1/1 (1d6)
BNS - Bone Serpents 2/2 (1d6)

Elemental Army:
Tactic: Frontal Assault
PME: Primal Magma Elemental 4/4 (1d12)
HME1 - High Magma Elementals 1/1 (1d6)
HME2 - High Magma Elementals 1/1 (1d6)
LME1 - Lesser Magma Elementals 1/1 (1d4)
LME2 - Lesser Magma Elementals 1/1 (1d4)
LME3 - Lesser Magma Elementals 1/1 (1d4)

Ot'Ku Bo and Unipent and their forces battle the Magma Elementals guarding the Mountain's Heart.
Ot'Ku Bo and his Oni adopts a Giant Killer Formation and surrounds the Primal Magma Elemental. The Oni fall in battle under the fire of the magma elementals, and Ot'Ku Bo avenge his troops.
Unipent inspire his Snakes to battle, and charge headlong into the fray. The brutal melee sees all Snakes defeated save for Unipent, whom the lesser elementals are unable to harm.

After losing their leader as well as more than half their forces, the surviving Magma Elementals surrender.

Battle Result:
- The Savagery of Parabes Mountain Range has decreased to Medium.
- Corite can now be accessed [Low Savagery / Very Hard Task].

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Monstrous Kingdom (6/6)
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2023, 09:23:24 pm »

Quote from: Ako, the Forest Guardian of Grenvud
"Your might, we do not doubt. But your words, are another matter. Flourish and grow, you say. Give us proof, and we will consider. The Forest doesn't lie."
"Nor do I, Guardian. Tell me then, how exactly can we prove His Majesty's sincerity? What ails the Forest?"
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2023, 09:42:32 pm »

"Nor do I, Guardian. Tell me then, how exactly can we prove His Majesty's sincerity? What ails the Forest?"

"For as long as we remember, our sapling treefolks have been plagued by an ailment nipping their budding lives. Can your kingdom do anything about it?"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2023, 09:50:50 pm »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2023, 10:03:24 pm »

Regarding movement: How much are we able to move in a turn?

Duke Gul'Athur

Personal Request
Gul'Athur requests that a lower ranking officer be deployed to Parabes Mountain Ridge with the job of defending the Parabes Mining Village and keeping the region's savagery in check. The applicant should have at least 1 Leadership. The officer will be given command of the Hill Lizardmen Warriors and the Mountain Goblin Skirmishers.

Action
Gul'Athur will travel back to Tartarus, and recruit additional forces. An emphasis will be placed on Far'Gloen soldiers, ideally with each squad having a different combat roll such as ones with heavy armour, or ones with ranged attacks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 10:23:09 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2023, 10:09:20 pm »

Regarding movement: How much are we able to move in a turn?
Your coverable distance is determined by your Base of Operations' Expedition Range.

Once on an Expedition, you cannot move to another region without first returning to your point of origin, which must be a Base of Operations. Currently there is only one base, the Capital.

Note: you can always travel back to the Capital.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 10:11:51 pm by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2023, 10:17:12 pm »

"For as long as we remember, our sapling treefolks have been plagued by an ailment nipping their budding lives. Can your kingdom do anything about it?"
Eversor scratched the bottom of his helmet, as if scratching a nonexistent chin, before gazing at his mace for a moment with slight resignation. "As you might imagine, Guardian, illness is not my field of expertise. We may not be able to resolve this quickly until other Lords arrive, but it will be resolved, on my honor."

The Armor of Zethe turned to his smaller counterpart. "Gnarl. It may be prudent to determine if this ailment is magical in origin."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 10:22:55 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12