Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First new version adventure  (Read 927 times)

Exasperation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
First new version adventure
« on: October 30, 2007, 11:29:00 pm »

I just ran my first adventurer in the new version.  I got sent off to kill a minotaur in a cave, and when I found it, it turned out to be more of a burrow - tunnels dug out of red sand, white sand, and chalk.  Really cool.  I spent some time killing assorted giant animals and their anthropomorphic analogues, before a giant rat I was fighting killed me.  I hit it in the head, enraging it, and it bit me, latched on to my head, and shook me around until my head tore off, with my body flying away and my head staying in its mouth.  A beautifully gruesome death.

I'm a little disappointed about one thing, though.  I bought a little bit of swimming skill for my adventurer, and I didn't run across a body of water to try it out in before I died.  Oh well, maybe next time.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: First new version adventure
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 04:29:00 am »

My first new version adventure involved me wandering up to a river, jumping in, and drowning.

My next adventure had me enter a cave, fight off a whole bunch of enemies with a hammerman while my axeman ally did the best she could after dropping her halberd in the last fight until a giant bat got a lucky head bite and knocked me out.  Next thing I knew I also had a giant cave swallow eating me alive and I was dead soon after.  

The third adventure involved me going to a ruin and fighting a bunch of undead.  I went to the third floor of a pyramid and dodged a lasher off the edge back down to the second ledge.  Then I saw an enemy zombie axe lord so I charged him and slashed out his throat.  Then I got my axe stuck in him and like an idiot twisted it without thinking.  Thankfully I survived that, but then when I tried to pull it out I failed and he hit me in the head.  Somehow I survived that too and ran past him down to the ground level where I started throwing rocks at him in effectually.  So then I lit a plant on fire and moved away a bit and when he lost track of me in the smoke he pulled out the axe and dropped it.  Threw the rock in my hand at him and missed again, then picked up my axe and charged him.  I knocked him over and then started attacking him while he was down, but he kept blocking me.  Then suddenly he decapitated me, without even getting up.  The end.

Never been decapitated before.

Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!