Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Poll Closed

Poll Closed
Poll Closed

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Let's Play Shadow President (A New Beginning)  (Read 8708 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Shadow President (A New Beginning)
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2024, 03:14:50 am »

Good stuff, I see nothing wrong with replacing the Secretary of State because I'm pretty sure they'd do that if one was killed during a war.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2024, 06:07:07 pm »

Good stuff, I see nothing wrong with replacing the Secretary of State because I'm pretty sure they'd do that if one was killed during a war.
I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2024, 10:17:41 pm »

New Century and New Millennium

It is New Year's Day 2000 marking the beginning of both a new century and a new millennium. The United States is working with the Soviet Union to gradually restore world peace with the Third World War seemingly a lifetime away. The United States has perfect ethics and is the most free nation on the planet. America's new citizens living in Canada now enjoy better Per Capita Income then those living in the original United States by several thousand. While the Soviet Union is unlikely to start a war as their ambition continues to fall and their ethics continue to increase, their allies in Libya and Syria on the other hand with high ambition could become a problem. Israel and the Middle East could be the central front in the next world war. Also a number of African countries are taking sides in the new Cold War. The United States maintains occupation of both Cuba and Mexico with neither country being formally annexed unlike Canada due to the corruption in both countries. Due to being in a tine of peace, the United States and the Soviet Union have further drawn down their respective military to the point it may become necessary to withdraw troops from Mexico and China before they suddenly have no home garrisons. Brazil should be strong enough to defend Soviet interests in South America. Vietnam and Laos remain Communist though their ethics are gradually improving and the U.S. is considering peace and human rights talks in order to further improve both countries.

General Status
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Key Maps

All Territorial Gains

Cold War

Available Forces
"Let us build our billion-dollar machine, and we will save America from the barbarians at the gate." Senator Robert Kinsey, Stargate SG-1 episode "Politics"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2024, 02:27:50 am »

Seems like everything is going well right now, wonder which country will be the next villain.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2024, 06:17:16 pm »

Beginning of 2001: American & Soviet Quest For World Peace

It is 2001 and the world is well on the path to not only world peace but potentially world freedom as well as the Soviet Union has now become a free society with selfless ethics just like the United States with ambition now only being assertive for both. Both countries landholdings have also been sent on a similar path as well. Even Vietnam and Laos while still remaining the only two communist states left in the world have become mostly free as well. A number of dictatorships still remain including Syria, Libya, Zaire, Yugoslavia, Turkey, etc.. While the Soviet Union is unlikely to start World War IV or attack a smaller country unprovoked, the same can't be said of a number of their friends most notably Syria which could at any point decide to attack Israel which would bring in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, and even the Soviet Union. And should the Soviets sustain enough losses, they may decide to resort to nuclear weapons which would end world peace with world war in an instant. While not as likely as Syria, Yugoslavia could also decide to attack Albania or Greece. Fortunately the chance of a military conflict remains very low. The Soviet Union has dismantled China's nuclear arsenal and so far there have been no further nuclear upgrades save for a growing number of third world countries gaining energy plants. World quality of life has continued to improve though interestingly three of America's "land holdings" are on the top 10 - not sure it should be that way but certainly makes America look good.

General Status

Key Maps

American & Soviet Power

Note 1: Things have been very uneventful with the end of the war and the improvement of the Soviet Union to "good guy" status on par with the United States. I did have to manually remove China's nuclear capabilities and weapons as it doesn't make sense to not do so and yet they permanently disband the defeated country's armed forces. And when the United States sets up a new government in such a state their military remains disbanded but their nukes if any remain again doesn't make sense.

Note 2: I might decide to temporarily switch over to one of my earlier saved games to see if the world goes on a different course. My current options are to continue current play-through working with Imperialist Soviet Union towards world peace, revert back to December 1996 just before World War III to avert that conflict, revert back to the 1993 Russian constitutional crisis to prevent or reverse the Imperialist coup against Yeltsin's Developing Capitalist government, go back to the August Coup to have it succeed in order to rebuild my Millennium Cold War scenario which was lost with a computer crash, revert to alternate save with the Coalition invading Iraq during Desert Storm and the Soviets defending Saddam, etc.. I admit that last one is my likely choice but I do intend to explore all of them eventually and I still wish to continue the current LP seeing if World War IV could still happen or if true world peace and freedom among all nations regardless of ideology can be reached.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2024, 06:29:18 pm by Tok'ra Operative »
"Let us build our billion-dollar machine, and we will save America from the barbarians at the gate." Senator Robert Kinsey, Stargate SG-1 episode "Politics"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2024, 05:19:13 am »

Does the game have an ending for world peace or is there only one if you lose?

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2024, 06:49:14 am »

Does the game have an ending for world peace or is there only one if you lose?
More likely if full world peace is attained with all countries being reserved in ambition and selfless in ethics, the game just continues with only favorable diplomacy being done with minimal risk of conflict. Now it is possible a human rights reform request which would be guaranteed to fail due to ethics already being maxed out could trigger a condemnation could lead to conflict since condemnations are known from time to time to trigger covert operations which in turn leads to more similar operations perhaps even a military strike. Obviously the player can choose to break the peace anytime but that's just too easy. Probably good idea to call it a game at that point.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2024, 11:46:30 pm »

Why don't you see if you can resolve the hostility in the Middle East? If you can do that, call it a win, take a victory lap, and try another scenario.

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2024, 12:25:16 am »

Why don't you see if you can resolve the hostility in the Middle East? If you can do that, call it a win, take a victory lap, and try another scenario.
The stage certainly set for another world war with most Arab states sided with Russia and this was kinda difficult to set-up. Could there be peace between Israel and a nearly united Arab world Allied with Russia? Or World War IV could make for a plot twist with the U.S. refusing to negotiate with terrorist run states like Syria and Libya? Frankly I should've dealt with the Arabs during World War III.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2024, 03:41:09 am »

Sounds like it's time to spin the wheel of fate and see what happens, do we get world peace or will WWIV happen.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2024, 04:42:09 pm »

Hm, things are peaceful enough that you could probably explore one of the alternate reality scenarios. 
You can always come back to this if you get the itch to see if peace is going to last.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2024, 03:32:19 am »

But what about giving peace a chance?

Jokes aside we could always poke the bear or their friends to see what comes from that, if not that we could explore one of the other possible timelines.

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2024, 12:45:04 am »

Good News, Bad News
It is now August 30, 2002 and I have good news and bad news. The good news is that it is my 23rd birthday...well it was on the real August 30th, 2002 though I can't say I really enjoyed it as I wasn't in an ideal living situation at the time. Kinda bad news there which has long sense been resolved. Anyways the real good news is that the United States and the Soviet Union are well on the path to world peace. North America is completely peaceful and free and Europe is nearly there as well. Same goes for most overseas holdings of the UK, France, and Denmark. Not to mention Australia and New Zealand. Now comes the real bad news. Quality of Life for some reason has been knocked down for EVERYONE and a quick annual test revealed it won't be resolved on its own. From what I can tell it is a glitch that MIGHT have been triggered by driving the peace meter up all the way possibly causing it to dial itself back and somehow affected QofL twice in the course of a couple months or so. Another is giving multiple economic exchanges though the peace explanation is more plausible since if it was economic it would've caused problems a long time ago. So now I have a choice with one being to make continue and accept that QofL is gonna be less then perfect from now on and look for an ingame solution such as deliberately driving down U.S. GNP Growth so economic exchanges can increase my income. Another choice is to dial back before the glitch set in and perform peace talks at a more controlled pace to avoid overloading the peace meter...it may actually be more optimal to go all the way back to the end of World War III and start peace talks as the peace meter was likely more manageable then. In all likelihood I will probably be loading one of my earlier mentioned scenario-worthy saves and taking a break from this playthrough instead. At least we established world peace and freedom can be achieved. Just wish the bug didn't set in before I could start on the third world states.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2024, 04:50:12 am »

I'd say that counts as a win, world peace has been achieved!

Seems like there are quite a few bugs that never got fixed, makes you wonder why they allowed some of them to remain.

Tok'ra Operative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2024, 02:10:57 pm »

Back To the 90's
It is New Year's Day 1991 and the world has changed drastically in the past six months. Iraq had occupied Kuwait prompting the launch of Operation Desert Shield with U.S., U.K., and France deploying troops to defend Saudi Arabia. Unfortunately this all changed in October 1990 when Saddam Hussein's spy services assassinated Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak which triggered a Fundamental Islamic revolution in the Middle East with Saudi Arabia being the first to fall with King Fahd of Saudi Arabia and Crown Prince Abdullah being executed following the takeover. Osama bin Laden, a Saudi national and jihadist, assumed de facto leadership over Saudi Arabia and promptly demanded the immediate departure of all Coalition forces from Saudi Arabia. Syria and Egypt were the next to fall in quick succession with the U.S. withdrawing from Egypt as well. With the termination of Operation Desert Shield, there was nothing to stop Iraq from invading and occupying Saudi Arabia however Osama bin Laden managed to escape and continued to lead the ongoing Fundamental Islamic uprising throughout the Middle East with Lebanon and Jordan falling next. 1990, a rather turbulent year, ended with Israel now surrounded by Fundamental Islamic enemies and Saddam Hussein is already making preparations for the next phase of his campaign. With two bitter rivals competing for control of the Arab World, 1991 is proving to be an uncertain year. Meanwhile the Soviet Union has descended into a state of total war with local uprisings taking place in the Baltic Republics and the Caucasus while leadership effectiveness as plummeted. On a positive note, U.S. President Bush was successfully able to convince Congress not to increases taxes due to a new free trade agreement with Japan eliminating the U.S. budget deficit which allowed him to fulfill his campaign promise "Read my lips: no new taxes". The U.S. was even able to increase defense spending by 50% without falling into another deficit. British nuclear capabilities also now have worldwide reach on par with the United States and the Soviet Union.

Beginning of 1991

Iraqi-Egyptian Shadow War and Saudi Revolution

Iraqi Invasion of Saudi Arabia

Note: I have decided to go back to 1990 while putting my previous playthrough on hold and I have ended up going with a scenario I didn't list.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2024, 10:17:48 pm by Tok'ra Operative »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8