Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Keyforged Cartography Guild  (Read 3676 times)

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
Re: Keyforged Cartography Guild
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2023, 12:52:06 pm »

The southern marshes are a good place to collect monster parts for low level adventurers.

There is an arctic cave off the Northern mountain pass but characters will get a penalty if they aren't wearing warm clothing.

Sounds like East is where all the danger is so I'm going to work on that a bit! A century ago, the human civilization to the East, The Realm of Combining, lost a war with The Rockjaw Tribe of goblins. Now their sites are claimed by the goblins or abandoned entirely. Legend tells that temple to Hathur, human god of merchants, contains the tithes of an entire generation deep within it's vaults.

Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2023, 01:00:21 pm »

Very interesting.

Please report any additional findings while out completing missions to us.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2023, 01:33:46 pm »

The east…yes. My brother, Timson…he lived there for a time…When he returned to my tower in the north…he was shaken. Something has stirred in the eastern realms…as the great kingdoms that laid there, mighty inventor kingdoms…ancient dragons and goblin lords have tried to defend against it…but the threat grows. He told me tales of fearsome undead rising from the eastern hills…I do not know if this is still the case in those lands, as I have not dared go myself…but I fear for any who do.

As for the north…many chunks beyond the sky tend to land there…starmetal it is called. I hear that enchantments and potions applied to it tend to stick…so if crafted with steel, can make quite powerful weapons indeed.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 01:37:22 pm by Megam0nkey »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2023, 01:43:35 pm »

Bimson, you seem to know the most about the East of all of our members, would you like the position of Eastern Scholar? Responsibilities would include gathering up and keeping track of anything we learn about the east. You can make a report here when ever there is enough new information to do so, most importantly, keep track of any travelers coming from the East, their race, and any geographical information they bring with them.

Do you accept this promotion?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2023, 01:47:49 pm »

Of course, I shall. I will scrounge up knowledge from reports and adventures, and ensure that we are updated on the state of our neighbors and potential enemies and Allies eastwards.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2023, 01:51:37 pm »

Ok, I will take the South. Taarka, would you mind studying the West?
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2023, 02:00:04 pm »

If there is no-one more suitable, I will take care of the learning of the north. The Jötunn that sired me is still living in those wastes.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2023, 02:02:26 pm »

Alright, welcome to the Cartography Guild!
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2023, 04:18:04 pm »

Ok, I will take the South. Taarka, would you mind studying the West?
Not at all. I will ensure that we are up to date on information on the west
she/her

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2023, 09:39:15 am »

Alright Scholars, we have work to do!

The Alchemy Guild is going to be determining what useful plants grow in the surrounding areas. Your job is to take everything you can find about your assigned direction, and name and describe 3 areas.

Off to your studies! Keyforged is depending on us!
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2023, 12:55:10 pm »

To the immediate north of Keyforged lies nothing but sub-arctic scrubland. These moors are easy to walk through, and pleasant fragrances of near wildflowers and gatherable berries waft enticingly through the air. Along the western edge of the road can frequently be spotted bogs and fens, which call to them many woody-stemmed flora and thusly the fauna that feeds on them. Some fifty miles northeast lies the lake Gorm's Maw, which claims several species of woody shrubs and sedges to it's banks. The lake is fed by a river known as 'Oarsbane', which takes it's origin from a mountain range called Rigg's Spine. The road, terminating at the beginning of arctic tundra, runs through the valley of these intimidating mountains, some hundred miles away from Keyforged. The western edge of the mountains is flanked by a forest called The Fingers of Gorm, and is home to many boar, deer and other fauna. In the deepest regions of the north, there's communities of Frost Giants, the largest of which lays claim to a swathe of land suitable for farming hardy plants accustomed to the permafrost, and every harvest-tide feast is punctuated by the need to move the village, what they call Er-Ur's Fallow, as it exists in the spot where springtime's fields must be. Beyond that are seemingly impenetrable fields of ice, with glaciers encroaching on the spots these frost giants can live.                                                                                         
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2023, 08:16:14 am »

Tavernkeeping Guild
Likely a single story building with the kitchens in the middle, where the cook can look out to the rest of the patrons. Kind of like a yaranga, but built tall, so Elliot can stand up straight comfortably.

Adventuring Guild
The building is something like a roman villa. Two stories surrounding a courtyard with terracotta roves.

Welcome to Keyforged Outpost

Guild Members: 8

A5: Tavernkeepers Yaranga
A yaranga, but built tall for the half-giant founder, Elliot March. The kitchen is in the middle, where the cook can look out to the rest of the patrons.

They maintain community cooking equipment and regulate its use.

B4: Cartographers Watchtower
A tower built for getting a better perspective of Keyforged and beyond. Erected with the militaristic sensibilities of the soldier founder, Blacktooth Ripclaw.

They study the geography and places of interest, and patrician deeds to land for appropriate use.

B5: Adventurers Villa
The building is something like a roman villa. Two stories surrounding a courtyard with terracotta roves. Founded by Bruv Brightbuckle.

They log the adventures of those who wish to leave town to raid dungeons and have a chance of coming back with treasure.

C4: Merchants tent

C5: Alchemists tent

E1: Idle tent
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2023, 09:31:40 pm »

The Unsung Heros have tackled an area of The Southern Marshes. Any ideas for where to look for other low level dungeons?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2023, 01:22:17 pm »

Infact, Elliot March acts as our Scholar of the North, has just finished a report on that region. Looking a few posts back you'll see their analysis of several near and distant points of interest.
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2023, 01:28:50 pm »

Infact, Elliot March acts as our Scholar of the North, has just finished a report on that region. Looking a few posts back you'll see their analysis of several near and distant points of interest.

We already have a dungeon in the North. An arctic cave in  Rigg's Spine.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5