Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Max Jack Knightwing (6/7) Aborted: Dead in the Desert  (Read 4202 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Max Jack Knightwing (7/7+) Day 1: Ritz, Glamor, and Deathgames
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2023, 09:59:34 pm »

That does go into a lot more detail than I was expecting.

But, it is helpful for what to expect for current and future mafia games.

Hm, Fallacy grabbing the spotlight. That matches their scum meta.

Yo Fallacy: Town tries to solve the game, not waste time talking about themselves.
Dumb question considering I now have played mafia
How do we try to solve the game right now if there isn't any information presented to us currently?

Like I assume that unless someone roleclaims or slips up massively, we don't have a strong basis to go after people unless it's "muh gut says this person is scum due to them acting slightly close to their scum meta"

But... I'm not competent in the slightest. Max, on the other hand, is a very scary player, though I'd still face him versus someone like ToonyMan any day.
Well I think your more competent then jack simply based off my limited experience playing with him I guess hector could be more competent but i'm not certain. The rest I don't think I ever played with so If I wasn't memeing with Canadiankitten hector would probably be my third choice instead.

I just realized that Hector is not actually in the game
Fluffe: Since Hector isn't in the game, what would your third choice be if you aren't memeing with me right now?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2023, 02:09:35 am »

Hm, Fallacy grabbing the spotlight. That matches their scum meta.

Yo Fallacy: Town tries to solve the game, not waste time talking about themselves.
Dumb question considering I now have played mafia
How do we try to solve the game right now if there isn't any information presented to us currently?

Like I assume that unless someone roleclaims or slips up massively, we don't have a strong basis to go after people unless it's "muh gut says this person is scum due to them acting slightly close to their scum meta"
For Day 1, this is enough.
We're mostly just gonna try and put pressure on people. It's why I switched to Not Here sofanthiel rather than Too Here FallacyofUrist. Everyone gets pressure!
Will I switch back to FallacyofUrist after sofanthiel posts? That is pressure that FallacyofUrist can worry about.

Ideally, some players will "crack" town or "crack" scum under the pressure. And, even if one player doesn't see scumtells, the advantage of Town is that it's a team of all but scum, so maybe other townies will see something. Remember: Town is an uninformed majority. One town player dying can still lead to town winning, although it is obviously preferable that scum die.

Be Aggressive! Nitpick! Make mountains out of molehills! Only SCUM can be coldly rational!
At any rate, you should trust those who suspect you, and vote anyone that seems too sure that you are not scum. Since only mafia can be sure.
More drunk rambling from EJ, the drunken dwarf.

@Fallacy: Hey Veteran, who's scum? Name three most scummy players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2023, 02:14:47 am »

Maximum Spin: As the most competent and experienced player in this game, surely you have some sort of master game plan to go by. Would you mind explaining, for the sake of all those who need guidance, as well as my own curiosity?
My master plan is to locate people who smell like mafia, and eat them.

You and EuchreJack have both been here longer than me, though.

I mean, I'm not disputing the argument or anything.

I see no reason to stop voting you yet.
This is straight up FALSE.
Maximum Spin was in a mafia game in 2017, and I only joined this subforum in the pandemic (2020)

But yeah, Maximum Spin and Fallacy do have similar levels of experience, although Maximum Spin spent more time playing whereas Fallacy was mostly either modding or failing as scum.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2023, 02:26:25 am »

Maximum Spin was in a mafia game in 2017, and I only joined this subforum in the pandemic (2020)
Huh, really? I always assume you were always here.

That said, I don't even count / remember much that happened before my year break, honestly.

Tell you what. Do you think Fluffe and I are correct to view you as highly competent?
The preferred term is "dangerous and weird".

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2023, 06:58:36 am »

Fluffe: Since Hector isn't in the game, what would your third choice be if you aren't memeing with me right now?
Wait what? Double checks IN's huh I got bamboozled by his post and thought he was playing anyway guess it would be jack by default I ain't played with any of the others I don't think.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2023, 09:08:30 am »

Wait what? Double checks IN's huh I got bamboozled by his post and thought he was playing anyway guess it would be jack by default I ain't played with any of the others I don't think.
So, to be clear, you would focus on the veterans if you could only focus on three players. But whom do you suspect?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2023, 09:16:07 am »

Ah fuck, by my calculations, end of day is TODAY at 12:55pm est (less than an hour after noon).
Time to build some consensus.

Who wants to vote sofanthiel for not being here?
Who wants to vote FallacyofUrist for exhibiting his usual scum tells (or any other reason)?
Who wants to vote The Canadian kitten for being quite competent scum based upon last game?

I think those are the three that I am looking at today.
Who wants to vote

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2023, 10:17:42 am »

FallacyofUrist, is the most suspicious person with a single vote on them.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2023, 10:29:09 am »

Pfp
Just here to quickly Unvote Fluffe
Also praise me more, preferably not in the form of those big red bolded letters

What did I want to do again?

Honestly thinking that we should lynch FallacyOfUrist since last I checked, sofathaniel isn't online nor was active since game started and we would know if sofathaniel becomes active to send any night actions. Also the talk about scum meta which I feel is better vote. Maybe most likely town but information

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2023, 11:17:24 am »

Lynch List
(3) FallacyofUrist: Maximum Spin, EuchreJack, The Canadian Kitten
(1) EuchreJack: FallacyofUrist,
(1) MaximumSpin: Crystalizedmire,
(1) The Canadian Kitten: Fluffe9911
Not Voting: sofanthiel
4 to Hammer. 38 Minutes remaining

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2023, 11:25:13 am »

sofanthiel hasn't even posted or been on. what the hell.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Max Jack Knightwing (6/7) Aborted: Dead in the Desert
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2023, 12:04:53 pm »

K. Clearly this game was dead in the cradle. If you can't be on, at least let the GM know.

Spoiler: Roles List (click to show/hide)
This was supposed to be an interesting game. But when the Spirit of Knightwing fails to even show up... Also Jack dead-eying Fallacy.

Town Wins. Knightwing doesn't.
Fluffe does too. No I don't feel like a fancy write up, this wasn't exactly a game was it?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2023, 12:20:15 pm »

Tricccccc you ended the day 24 hours early

I didn’t deserve this

Why am I always scum ;-;
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2023, 12:47:11 pm »

Ah fuck, by my calculations, end of day is TODAY at 12:55pm est (less than an hour after noon).
Time to build some consensus.

Who wants to vote sofanthiel for not being here?
Who wants to vote FallacyofUrist for exhibiting his usual scum tells (or any other reason)?
Who wants to vote The Canadian kitten for being quite competent scum based upon last game?

I think those are the three that I am looking at today.
Who wants to vote
I am not good with time apparently. When in doubt, blame magic. Or you know, I'd like public Mamabo to keep track of things.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5