Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Player Thread: Turn 3B]  (Read 1637 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Player Thread: Turn 3B]
« on: September 05, 2023, 10:05:03 pm »

Note: If you are not currently an active player of Escape from Motel Hell 3, please refrain from posting in this thread! Use the Community or General threads instead, as this one should be reserved for player IC posting only.

Escape from Motel Hell 3: Player Thread

Welcome! This is the player side of the experimental players versus community roleplaying game Escape from Motel Hell 3. This thread is where players will be writing their IC actions and posts. For OOC discussion, please use the General thread instead. Regarding IC posting, feel free to write your characters' actions and posts to your liking. Actions may come with a dice roll, which will by default be processed using a system similar to RTD. Modifiers may be applied to the rolls, based on relevant character attributes. If you have any questions regarding anything, for myself or for the community, feel free to raise them in the General thread.

The community has set things up and we are ready to begin, so let us commence with the first turn!

Turn 1B [Player Phase]

A group of strangers wake up in a dark, eerie basement, illuminated by a ring of red and black candles surrounding them. None of them remember how exactly they got there, their recent memories an obscure haze. The scented candles emit the distinct aroma of something wrong, as under their dim flickering glow, painted lines forming a cryptic circular diagram can be seen occupying the floor, vaguely occult in appearance.

As members of the group of eight gradually regain their faculties, several of them begin to discern jarringly familiar faces within their midst. Prince Zopyrus, Sora Norimoto, and Fienna Irabel Raeve find themselves in the company of seemingly identical twins of themselves, looking back at them in similar bewilderment and confusion. Meanwhile, Gunther of Gunthorpe and Mephi Gray share certain resemblances as well, though it's nothing compared to that of the other pairs, who appear indistinguishable down to the smallest detail.

While Zopyrus and Sora's twins seem to be acting much like their counterparts and in relative harmony with the group, Fienna's twin seems notably unfriendly. The mage's eyes dart with hostility and distrust among her unfamiliar cohorts, not excluding Fienna herself, whom she gives a particularly unsettled glare, before starting to distance herself from the group.

Upon closer examination of the surroundings, the room doesn't appear to have any apparent exits. In a corner, a stack of cardboard boxes can be seen, with labels on them that say 'emergency supplies', 'rations', 'first aid', 'blankets', 'tools', and the like. Underneath the boxes, the floorboards look somewhat darkened and dilapidated, showing signs of wear and rot. Meanwhile on the other side of the room, a pile of splintered and broken furniture sits in the dark, its ominous shadows flickering in the candlelight.

What sort of place this is, and what forces have brought them here, they can only guess.

Character Info:

Spoiler: Prince Zopyrus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fienna Irabel Raeve (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gunther of Gunthorpe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sora Norimoto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mephi Gray (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 11:20:11 am by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Player Thread: Turn 1B]
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 10:10:53 pm »

Acquire broken chair for use as makeshift bludgeon.

Use my incredible charisma to convince my clone to join me. When we get out, we can rule twice as well.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 10:25:00 pm by Elephant Parade »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 10:21:17 pm »

Excited to meet a new friend, Sora performs a formal bow toward his mirror image, then greets them.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance".

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 10:54:57 pm »

Floating sigils form at Fienna's hands ready to attack, but she realizes they're equally victims of the same phenomenon. Notices her "twin". Decides not to attack her, unsure if it's linked to herself temporally or magically and might wound her the same. Paranoia racing in her mind at full force.

Spots the boxes with the labels. Concludes the situation worse than a kidnapping, but a game. Imagines the power of whoever committed this. Frowns. Walks off the Magic Circle, forms a solid-esque sigil under all the boxes and slowly, carefully pulls them away from the rotting floor. Decides in her mind to play along with this sick, twisted joke, Starts making a mental list of the "mastermind"'s possible motives.
I have a YouTube channel.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 11:06:21 pm »

Use my even more incredible charisma to convince all the clones to join me, including Mephi.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 11:09:39 pm »

"...There is no way I had this much to drink last night." I mutter, turning to my look-alike before walking over cautiously.

"The name's Mephi. What's yours?" I say, taking a quick glance at the circle below us. "And, uh, do you have any clue what's happening here?"

I stare awkwardly at them posing in some sort of vaguely inspiring manner.

"What... are you doing??"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 11:18:52 pm »

[PTW]

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 11:22:13 pm »

"Gunther! Well, clearly, we've been summoned into this room with this magic circle, by which I logically conclude we must be demons. Therefore, we should break free and try to take over the world and rule it with a Hadean fist. Since you look like me and have the same stat point numbers, you should be my second-in-command. Pledge your loyalty to me now, and I will ensure your weapon of choice runs with the blood of your enemies and you never have need of treachery!"

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2023, 11:46:03 pm »

"Well, while the college education system bears great resemblance to a circle of hell, I was unaware magic existed until these last thirty seconds. As such, I'm pretty damned sure I'm not a demon, unfortunately."
I idly give them a thumbs-up.
"However, I will support your lofty and admirable ambitions from... right here, Honorable Lord Gunther.. something-th of his name." I say, lying down on my back and gazing up at the ceiling.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2023, 11:56:18 pm »

"I didn't know I was a demon either, but you can't argue with the facts. Thanks for your support, though. And it's the eighth, I think."
Gunther moves on to attempting to recruit the orange-haired clone.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2023, 01:07:13 am »

Sora listens to Gunther. His eyes start to water as drops of understanding slowly tickle into his mind.

He makes a very deep bow. "Thank you for your lucid explanation, sir Gunther. I had no idea I am a demon and a clone. This explains so much."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2023, 03:47:58 am »

(PTW)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2023, 05:56:36 pm »

Turn 2A [Community Phase] is now in progress!

During this time, players are encouraged to not take new drastic actions, as their current ones are being processed and the community is reviewing and building upon the current state of the game.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Player Thread: Turn 2A]
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2023, 10:39:08 pm »

Turn 2B [Player Phase]

Note: Currently, by default, player action rolls are assigned a d20 roll, with nat 1s being critical failures and nat 20s being critical successes. Attribute bonuses are applied to rolls, adding a random number between 0 and the relevant attribute. These bonuses don't apply to critical failures and successes, since those will automatically be assigned the worst/best outcomes.

Use my incredible charisma to convince my clone to join me. When we get out, we can rule twice as well.

Code: [Select]
d20... 1. Critical failure!
Attribute bonuses negated due to critical failure.

Prince Zopyrus's clone scoffs at the idea of teaming up, dismissing it with a flippant wave of his hand.

"Ha! There is but one true ruler, and it is I!" he declares smugly, crossing his arms and turning away with his chin held high. "If you should like to serve under me, I may allow it. But a shared rule is most laughable!"

Excited to meet a new friend, Sora performs a formal bow toward his mirror image, then greets them.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance".

d20... 20. Critical success!
Attribute bonuses negated due to critical success.

The other Sora returns a formal bow in kind, with bubbling enthusiasm to match.

"Likewise, my friend!" he beams, though there is an odd hint of conflict on his face. It almost seems like he wants to admit something, but instead shakes it away with a smile. "A most troubling situation we seem to have found ourselves in..." he muses, glancing around the room with furrowed brows.

Walks off the Magic Circle, forms a solid-esque sigil under all the boxes and slowly, carefully pulls them away from the rotting floor.

d20... 14.
Attribute bonuses applied: +3 (INT).
Total roll: 14 + 3 = 17.

With careful precision, Fienna's transportation spell pulls the precious labeled boxes of goods off the precarious ground, steadily nearer. Soon they are within her reach, as she opens them to find... nothing! The boxes are totally empty, each and every one of them! Indeed, it seems to have been someone's sick, twisted joke all along!

Use my even more incredible charisma to convince all the clones to join me, including Mephi.

d20... 5.
Attribute bonuses applied: +4 (CHA).
Total roll: 5 + 4 = 9.

The clones take note of Gunther's recruitment proposition, seemingly undecided about the offer. Prince Zopyrus's clone seems more receptive to the idea of joining Gunther rather than his own twin, as he responds, "I may be amenable to an alliance, so long as you recognize my indisputable royal authority!" Meanwhile Sora's clone offers Gunther a brief bow of courtesy, suggesting that he finds value in cooperation. Fienna's clone however doesn't seem keen to any such ideas, staying far disjointed from the group in icy observation.

As there is mention of demons between Gunther, Mephi, and Sora, Sora's clone soon speaks up, pointing toward the Fienna clone isolating herself in the corner.

"If there are demons among us, she's definitely one! Look at her, there is clear evil in those eyes!" Sora clone steadfastly asserts, as Fienna clone shoots a hostile look back, the wrath underneath her glare continuing to build, though she silently stays her ground.

The tension is suddenly disturbed by quaking tremors on the ground, as if from the footsteps of something very big, coming from somewhere outside. The tremors continue every so often, each ominous vibration causing the ground to tremble...

Character Info:

Spoiler: Prince Zopyrus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fienna Irabel Raeve (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gunther of Gunthorpe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sora Norimoto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mephi Gray (click to show/hide)

Ear teeth

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Player Thread: Turn 2B]
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2023, 11:09:37 pm »

"I serve none! Have at you!"

Acquire chair leg from furniture pile; bludgeon Pseudo-Zopyrus into submission.
Pages: [1] 2