Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Community Thread: Turn 3B]  (Read 2856 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Community Thread: Turn 2B]
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2023, 12:57:01 am »

How about... Upon attempting to destroy the fake rotting floorboards, they should notice a bit of text on it that says something along the lines of "ACME Fake Rotting Boards: Diverting attention from your actual structural weaknesses since 1930"
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2023, 01:08:07 am »

How about the plot actually advances and we make a second room :V
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2023, 02:11:10 am »

Okay so here are some rolls for the currently submitted player actions. Just putting these out there so you guys have a better idea of what might be happening with the player actions. I'll be drawing up more specific outcomes for the rolls in the actual Community update, but these numbers / notes might be helpful for now:

"I serve none! Have at you!"

Acquire chair leg from furniture pile; bludgeon Pseudo-Zopyrus into submission.

Code: [Select]
d20… 20 (Critical success)
So this one seems tricky to handle… approaching the furniture pile should cause the floorboards to collapse and Zopyrus to fall into the sub-basement. Which means he shouldn't be able to follow up by bludgeoning his clone with his newly acquired weapon. Yet the roll is a critical success… hmm… Could either cancel out the latter part of the action, and have the critical success apply only to the first part, or have him avoid falling into the sub-basement altogether.

Fienna hurls wind-cutter magical attacks towards the rotting floor until it breaks open into a gap she could fit through, and then peers into it to check safety.

d20… 14.
Modifier: +7 (INT)
Total Roll: 14 + 7 = 21.

A powerful roll that I think could very well break through the floorboards even though they are in fact quite sturdy. The question might be where it should lead. The sub-basement definitely is one possibility. Another might be the recursion hell room, although maybe the entrance to that should be an actual door somewhere. Yet another possibility might be the small room with a toilet and a sink.

Another consideration is whether the passageway down looks safe.

If safe:
With more wind magic, she whispers at the Fienna clone in the distance
who's being verbally hurled at with conspiracy theories. "Viens ici.", meaning "come here".

d20… 7.
Modifier: +2 (CHA)
Total Roll: 7 + 2 = 9

This roll is unlikely to result in much; Fienna clone will probably hesitate to obey Fienna, before being engaged in combat by Sora.

Then, glowing green sigils appear on her hands and she begins to float downward through the hole.

Didn't give this action a roll, but it's something for the community to consider.

Sora attacks the foul "Fienna Clone" woman with a jumpkick.

d20… 14.
Modifier: +3 (STR/AGI)
Total Roll: 14 + 3 = 17.

Fienna Clone's counter-roll:

d20… 15.
Looks like this might be a very fierce, even start to a fight. Not sure how strong Fienna clone is, what abilities they might have, or how in general they might respond here, but these rolls suggest they will be holding their own, at perhaps a slight disadvantage at most.

But yeah, just some numbers and thoughts to give you guys an idea of what might be happening with the player actions, and hopefully help out with planning and whatnot.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2023, 03:33:34 am »

"I serve none! Have at you!"

Acquire chair leg from furniture pile; bludgeon Pseudo-Zopyrus into submission.

d20… 20 (Critical success)
So this one seems tricky to handle… approaching the furniture pile should cause the floorboards to collapse and Zopyrus to fall into the sub-basement. Which means he shouldn't be able to follow up by bludgeoning his clone with his newly acquired weapon. Yet the roll is a critical success… hmm… Could either cancel out the latter part of the action, and have the critical success apply only to the first part, or have him avoid falling into the sub-basement altogether.
What about him grabbing the chair leg and the critical part is him avoiding falling into the hole while the broken furniture does.

Fienna hurls wind-cutter magical attacks towards the rotting floor until it breaks open into a gap she could fit through, and then peers into it to check safety.

d20… 14.
Modifier: +7 (INT)
Total Roll: 14 + 7 = 21.

A powerful roll that I think could very well break through the floorboards even though they are in fact quite sturdy. The question might be where it should lead. The sub-basement definitely is one possibility. Another might be the recursion hell room, although maybe the entrance to that should be an actual door somewhere. Yet another possibility might be the small room with a toilet and a sink.

Another consideration is whether the passageway down looks safe.

Then, glowing green sigils appear on her hands and she begins to float downward through the hole.

Didn't give this action a roll, but it's something for the community to consider.
I think this would be a good place to use the recursion hell room since they might not find it otherwise.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2023, 03:42:14 am »

We could go in a completely different direction, and have the total amount of commotion—between Zopyrus disturbing the furniture pile, Finna casting a powerful magic attack and Sora jump-kicking Clone Finna and "her" retaliating, probably with a magic attack too—cause the clearly weakened floor give out, and possibly drop those near the center of the room into the sub-basement below.

But if we don't want to do that, i suggest Zopyrus should get off one swing with said chair leg, before being startled by the collapsing floor, and possibly being pulled into it.

As for the other room beneath the rotten floorboards, i think it should lead to a room right off the sub-basement, which i think was supposed to be a sewer. And when i think sewer, i think tunnels.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2023, 05:27:27 am »

As for the other room beneath the rotten floorboards, i think it should lead to a room right off the sub-basement, which i think was supposed to be a sewer. And when i think sewer, i think tunnels.
If I remember right the sub-basement is a sewer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2023, 08:43:25 pm »

I am going to say that imps can shoot firebolts, but doing so would immediately make them drop their disguise form.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2023, 10:31:57 pm »

I am going to say that imps can shoot firebolts, but doing so would immediately make them drop their disguise form.

In that case, the clone Fienna better not use a fire bolt…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2023, 11:45:38 pm »

In that case, the clone Fienna better not use a fire bolt…

I agree. Its too early to play that card and reveal the Imp thing. Someone ought to get hurt first.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2023, 11:54:05 pm »

Clone Fienna could simply react by being victim and blame clone sora or something

maybe like "you're just like the rest of them!" and point to the clones.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2023, 02:05:37 am »

Perhaps the imps can *also* use “minor” trick type magic- relatively small illusions, light telekinesis- and to a lesser extent can copy the abilities of whomever they are pretending to be [at a disadvantage, because they aren’t actually that person]
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2023, 02:32:52 am »

Perhaps the imps can *also* use “minor” trick type magic- relatively small illusions, light telekinesis- and to a lesser extent can copy the abilities of whomever they are pretending to be [at a disadvantage, because they aren’t actually that person]

How about restricting them to only copying abilities that they’ve seen someone use.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2023, 10:42:47 am »

The imps have guns, obviously.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2023, 11:39:16 am »

If they have guns, that means players can probably loot them.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2023, 11:50:11 am »

If they have guns, that means players can probably loot them.

We just let a player shoot magic wind they can have guns

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5