Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Community Thread: Turn 3B]  (Read 2865 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Community Thread: Turn 3B]
« on: September 04, 2023, 10:07:53 pm »

Note: If you are currently an active player of Escape from Motel Hell 3, you should NOT be here! This thread is reserved for the community (everyone other than active players) in planning and GMing the game. If you are a player and have any questions or comments about the game, please use the general thread instead.

Escape from Motel Hell 3: Community Thread

Welcome! This is the community side of the experimental players versus community roleplaying game Escape from Motel Hell 3. You can find the general thread here. In this thread, the community, which includes anyone who is not currently an active player in the game, can make suggestions of any kind to direct and influence the game. This can range from introducing/controlling NPCs, implementing systems, activating events, helping or hindering players, and pretty much anything you want! The only thing you won't be able to do is control player characters directly, as this power belongs only to the players themselves. I as the narrator will be implementing your suggestions turn by turn, updating both this thread and the player thread (soon to be created). The players will then get to react and submit their own actions (which I as the narrator may resolve using a system similar to RTD), continuing the story.

Please use this thread for making and discussing all official suggestions for the game, and use the general thread for anything else. Remember that players shouldn't be privy to what is happening in this thread, so this is the place to discuss and plan whatever surprises you have in store for them. In the case of conflicting suggestions between multiple community users, the result may be decided by a roll, or by feedback from other community users. Similarly, hostile actions taken against player characters may also come with a roll and/or be met with a counter-roll from the player. These rules are however malleable, and if the community as a whole decides to alter them, that is then to be discussed. The only rule that should remain fixed is the one maintaining player characters' free will. Other than that, the fates of the player characters are in your hands~

And so, since the players have already created their characters, let the game officially begin!

Turn 1A [Community Side]

The player characters (PCs) have been gathered in a dark non-descript basement with no apparent exits, lulled to sleep by magical means. They will be waking up shortly. Meanwhile, feel free to begin shaping the game as you like. Following your suggestions this turn, the PCs will be waking up. You can find more information on the PCs in the general thread. Have fun!~

« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 11:20:21 am by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Community Thread: Turn 1A]
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2023, 11:13:31 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2023, 11:25:49 pm »

Lets create an additional evil twin for Sora, Fienna, and Zopyrus. Just to make things confusing with Gunthar and Gray looking alike.

They'll be passed out like the rest of the PCs, and act friendly at first while looking for a chance to betray the others.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2023, 11:27:06 pm »

Lets give them an exit in the form of some rotting floorboards in one of the corners of the room, which will collapse if a person's weight is on it. It leads to a sub-basement below, with like... Spiders or something in it, and at least one door.

Also, lets invert one of Stirk's clones to be unfriendly at first, but also genuinely altruistic.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 11:31:39 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2023, 02:07:41 am »

Have a bunch of cardboard boxes in the corner that have labels on them like emergency supplies, rations, and other helpful sounding things along those lines, but when the players investigate the boxes they will find that they are completely empty.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2023, 03:24:56 am »

Have a bunch of cardboard boxes in the corner that have labels on them like emergency supplies, rations, and other helpful sounding things along those lines, but when the players investigate the boxes they will find that they are completely empty.
Oh gods. The singing constellation seriously traumatized you, huh? lol.

Anyway, lets add some kind of magic circle on the ground, to make it seem like the players were summoned here, to cause even more confusion :P
And also, lets combine Zultan's and Supernerd's ideas. The exit to the room is underneath the empty cardboard boxes.
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2023, 04:33:52 am »

And also, lets combine Zultan's and Supernerd's ideas. The exit to the room is underneath the empty cardboard boxes.
I actually thought about adding that when I first said it but decided against it, however since you also think it's a good idea I say we should go for it! +1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2023, 11:51:15 am »

The players need some way to actually see anything in the room! Let's add a ring of lit candles around the magic circle. For extra mysticalness, they should all be scented candles with an abstraction level of at least seven: https://optional.is/required/2022/12/06/yankee-candles-levels-of-abstraction/

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2023, 02:24:23 pm »

Might I suggest the so called "sub basement" be a Sewer?
as for the Candles, Black and red with scents along the lines of "something's wrong" or "dying Raccoon" seem most appropriate to the situation.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2023, 03:12:03 pm »

How about a pile of splintered, broken furniture?  I'm not sure if everyone starts with weapons, but a few metal bars or sharp pointy sticks should be okay.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2023, 10:07:05 pm »

* Random roll decided Fienna's clone to be the unfriendly yet genuinely altruistic one.

Turn 1B [Player Phase] is now in progress!

During this time, suggestions can still be made, but keep in mind that players are currently inputting their actions, so the state of the game is likely to change quite a bit after this phase is complete. The newly created Player Thread can be found here, but please note that posting there should be limited to players only.
Ear teeth

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Community Thread: Turn 1B]
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2023, 10:44:37 pm »

To confirm, are community members permitted to view the player thread?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2023, 10:54:08 pm »

To confirm, are community members permitted to view the player thread?
Yes. Just no posting there~
Ear teeth

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2023, 11:06:19 pm »

does 'no posting there' include no quick "PTW" to help keep track of the players and what they're doing?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2023, 11:13:10 pm »

does 'no posting there' include no quick "PTW" to help keep track of the players and what they're doing?
Mm that seems reasonable actually, so it should be okay. Only PTWs allowed to be posted there, then.
Ear teeth
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5