Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [General Thread]  (Read 1407 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Escape from Motel Hell 3 [General Thread]
« on: September 03, 2023, 07:58:07 pm »

Escape from Motel Hell 3

Welcome! This is an experimental roleplaying game that will utilize a players versus community format. This means that the game will largely be governed by the community, rather than a single GM. I myself will be acting as the narrator, using text and images to describe the ongoing story. Player actions may also be resolved by the narrator, using a system similar to RTD. As for the community’s input, it will be very much open to all kinds of possibilities, and anyone (other than currently active players) will be free to make whatever suggestions they like to the game.

So, without further ado, player registration begins! To sign up, choose a name, a character image, and distribute attribute points to your liking. Optionally, feel free to provide any additional info for your character.

Name: (Your character's name)
Image: (Your character's appearance; Rows A or B, Columns 1-10. If you would like modifications or something custom, let me know what you would like and I can do my best to recreate the character in this style)

20 attribute points to spend: (Maximum of 8 in any one category. These may impact the effectiveness of your characters' actions)

Strength - Character’s physical power
Agility - Character’s nimbleness and dexterity
Intelligence - Character’s reasoning and memory
Wisdom - Character’s perception and insight
Charisma - Character’s force of personality

Additional info: (Optional)

Once we have enough player signups (looking for 5), I will be opening up the Community thread, and the game can officially start!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 10:09:16 pm by MeimieFan88 »
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Player Registration: 0/5]
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 08:04:49 pm »

Name: Prince Zopyrus
Image: B1
Stats:
- Strength: 6
- Agility: 3
- Intelligence: 3
- Wisdom: 2
- Charisma: 6

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 08:20:32 pm »

Fienna Irabel Raeve B8
STR 2  AGI 8  INT 7  WIS 0  CHA 3
Fast and powerful mage, with below-decent attitude and questionable loyalty. Trust only to save her own skin.

91% randomly generated character (name's specifically female when it landed on B8).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 08:32:19 pm by The Centipede »
I have a YouTube channel.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 08:46:03 pm »

Gunther of Gunthorpe, A6.
Strength, 3
Agility, 4
Intelligence, 4
Wisdom, 1
Charisma, 8

A dynastic princeling of a lesser medieval kingdom, sent on adventure in a futile effort to toughen him up.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Player Registration: 3/5]
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 03:57:57 am »

Sora Norimoto, A3
Strength 6
Agility 6
Intelligence 1
Wisdom 5
Charisma 2

Sora was born with an incredible physique, his body sculpted by years of rigorous training in the martial arts. But he was not blessed with the gift of intellect. He often struggled to grasp the intricacies of strategy and diplomacy, confusing friends for foes and vice versa.
One fateful evening Sora, who had a fondness for sake, overindulged during a celebration in honor of a visiting daimyo. Oblivious to his surroundings, he knocked over a lantern, setting the family's ancestral dojo ablaze.
The shame was unbearable. Lord Norimoto did not allow his son the honorable ritual of seppuku. Sora was instead sent away on a 'quest', his name never mentioned again.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Player Registration: 4/5]
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 05:16:25 pm »

Name: Mephi Gray
Image: A5
Stats:
Strength - 1
Agility - 3
Intelligence - 4
Wisdom - 8
Charisma - 4

Additional info: A college student coming back from a night on the town. He's pretty sure something's a little off with this place, but he can't be bothered finding somewhere else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Player Registration: 4/5]
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2023, 06:13:21 pm »

Stats:
Strength - 1
Agility - 3
Intelligence - 4
Wisdom - 8
Charisma - 4

Additional info: A college student coming back from a night on the town. He's pretty sure something's a little off with this place, but he can't be bothered finding somewhere else.
This description somehow doesn't quite seem like wisdom 8. :P

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [Player Registration: 5/5]
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2023, 06:30:45 pm »

Awesome, looks like we have everyone! I'll be looking to create the Community thread soon (which, I should mention, active players should NOT read or post in). Meanwhile feel free to use this thread for general game / OOC discussion. I'll probably also be making yet another new thread to act as the IC thread for players, and let this one be for general chatter open to everyone as well as possible wait-listing.
Ear teeth

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2023, 07:52:22 pm »

Hmm just noticing @VermilionSkies @Maximum Spin the sprites you guys picked look really similar - in particular they have the exact same shade of hair. Vermilion do you mind if I change the hair color of your character slightly so there's a bit more differentiation? It would look like this:

I mean unless you guys don't mind looking almost like twins :P
Ear teeth

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2023, 08:02:20 pm »

Hmm just noticing @VermilionSkies @Maximum Spin the sprites you guys picked look really similar - in particular they have the exact same shade of hair. Vermilion do you mind if I change the hair color of your character slightly so there's a bit more differentiation? It would look like this:

I mean unless you guys don't mind looking almost like twins :P
I'm fine with either, do whatever's more convenient for you.

Stats:
Strength - 1
Agility - 3
Intelligence - 4
Wisdom - 8
Charisma - 4

This description somehow doesn't quite seem like wisdom 8. :P
There's a lot up there. He just... doesn't use most of it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2023, 08:07:05 pm »

I also don't mind looking the same, honestly. It might make Gunther like you more, as he is likely very vain.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2023, 08:19:33 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2023, 10:08:57 pm »

I'm fine with either, do whatever's more convenient for you.
I also don't mind looking the same, honestly. It might make Gunther like you more, as he is likely very vain.

Alright, I will leave your characters as is then! An interesting little quirk for them to look rather alike.

Anyway, the Community Thread from which you (players) are prohibited from visiting has been created! Once the Community is done making suggestions, I will make the player thread and things will be underway. Will let you guys know!

Meanwhile, if you are not a player, feel free to participate with whatever suggestions you like in the Community Thread! This thread is now the General Thread, and miscellaneous game discussion from any and all parties may take place here.
Ear teeth

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [General Thread]
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2023, 01:51:23 am »

PTW
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Escape from Motel Hell 3 [General Thread]
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2023, 10:06:12 pm »

The Player Thread has been created! First player turn is officially in progress~

Once the players have posted their actions and seem ready to continue, I will update the community thread with the turn's results and the ball will be back in the community's court.
Ear teeth
Pages: [1] 2