Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: TOMB SPIRIT  (Read 4853 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: TOMB SPIRIT
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2023, 01:56:12 am »

falling out the bottom actually returns you to your childhood

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2023, 04:03:50 am »

A
What is at the bottom of the pit the fighter fell into?
What bottom? The actual magic trick of the room is the gravity - going that way just ejects you out the roof.
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2023, 10:54:13 am »

A
What is at the bottom of the pit the fighter fell into?
What bottom? The actual magic trick of the room is the gravity - going that way just ejects you out the roof.
+1
+1

Just to make sure I’m on the same page, you want to invest serious power in reversing gravity in the room all to expel adventurers from the dungeon onto the surface? Just to note, if they do die out there you wouldn’t get their life force, but you could probably recover the corpse or something.

It is valid, to be clear, just want to be sure you really do want this.

(Side note: you can definitely catch and release, the adventurers will eventually come back stronger but you get more points from killing them, or a stronger champion. )
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2023, 11:27:53 am »

At the bottom is a constricting vine that feeds on stress and negative emotion. Most people that fall into it are already feeling such things, and are quickly bound by the creepers waiting to catch them. The vine grips tighter the more the victim fights its fate, devouring these energies for sustenance and leaving an emotionless husk behind. The only escape is a strong composure that keeps a grip on your own thoughts and reactions, thus presenting as no more interesting than a rock.
+1
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2023, 11:51:29 am »

At the bottom are pointy steel spikes.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2023, 07:40:15 pm »

A

At the bottom is !!MAGMA!!.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 10:03:12 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2023, 01:53:38 am »

At the bottom are pointy steel spikes.
+1 Punji pit for the win!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2023, 05:41:58 pm »

All right, alternative, less profligate suggestion:
If you fall through the hole, you land back at the start unharmed, and an ethereal voice laughs at you and tells you you've lost points off your score. This way, adventurers get increasingly frustrated and end up making even more mistakes until they are reduced to incoherent balls of rage throwing themselves off the ledges on purpose out of spite.

But if you lose all your arbitrary number of lives, the hole just leads to a spike pit instead.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2023, 10:02:43 pm »

If you fall through the hole, you land back at the start unharmed, and an ethereal voice laughs at you and tells you you've lost points off your score. This way, adventurers get increasingly frustrated and end up making even more mistakes until they are reduced to incoherent balls of rage throwing themselves off the ledges on purpose out of spite.

But if you lose all your arbitrary number of lives, the hole just leads to a spike pit instead.

+1
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2023, 01:17:55 am »

Might I suggest we have it tell them they've had points "added to their score" as though it were some deranged version of Golf instead?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2023, 01:24:16 am »

Might I suggest we have it tell them they've had points "added to their score" as though it were some deranged version of Golf instead?
lol, ok

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2023, 01:29:57 am »

+1
+1 A better idea than just a punji pit.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2023, 06:09:33 pm »

+1
+1 thats evil.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2023, 06:22:04 pm »

Y'know what this sounds completely evil, retracting my previous suggestion to bestow a +1 to this one.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2023, 01:13:35 pm »

+1
+1 thats evil.
+1 especially to the spikes once they get to many points.
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8