Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: TOMB SPIRIT  (Read 4858 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: TOMB SPIRIT
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2023, 12:50:17 pm »

D. There are hidden oil dispensers which make the terrace SUPER slippery, which combined with the slight incline of the terrace, has a decent chance of dropping them into the pool below!
+A , flameing skeletons for the win
D
Also where is the fire coming from

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2023, 01:06:11 pm »

A - Focused on the slaves, and if you can get them to scream for a bit first, then all the better. Maybe we can even play off a couple of captures as this Elf seems very callous

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2023, 01:27:04 pm »

+1 ^
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2023, 03:06:31 pm »

D: Let's see if we can't kill the orc and then reanimate him to send him back to his friends for a tearful reunion.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2023, 09:54:16 pm »

D. There are hidden oil dispensers which make the terrace SUPER slippery, which combined with the slight incline of the terrace, has a decent chance of dropping them into the pool below!
+A , flameing skeletons for the win
D
Also where is the fire coming from
A - Focused on the slaves, and if you can get them to scream for a bit first, then all the better. Maybe we can even play off a couple of captures as this Elf seems very callous

(With this semi tie, we can make most of the above work!)
(2)
You trigger the oil trap with a thought, spilling the slick liquid across the terrace. The three RAIDERS take only a few steps before they are slipping and flailing.

The elf mage goes over first, his grasp slipping off the ledge. He lands on his feet, albeit awkwardly and losing his wand in the water. The two humans fall with no such grace, landing heavily on the tile. A sickening crack with an accompanying scream announces a broken leg.

Providing the perfect opportunity for the skeletons in the water to strike.

The fall upon the man and woman first, swarming them from the water. They thrash in the water. The elf barely spares a thought for them, scrambling in the water for his wand. A raised hand blasts a skeleton apart and he runs for the door, leaving the two humans behind.

The two hardly offer resistance as the skeletons bind them.

The mage frantically slams the door behind him and turns, wand out and trembling. His eyes dart back and forth across the Prayer
Tapestries drifting from the walls and alcoves.
The hall is pocket marked by alcoves where the warrior priests would meditate and weave their tapestries.
Ancient tomes line the central corridor, the repository of a hundred lands. The tapestries provide shifting cover as they stir to a remembrance of a breeze.

You decide to:
A: Appeal to his greed, offer him a tome to ensnare his mind.

B. Raise one of those warrior priests to bash his head in.

C. Something else?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2023, 10:02:23 pm »

Do nothing to him for now, just to mess with him all the more.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2023, 10:26:42 pm »

+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2023, 10:34:51 pm »

+1 ^

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2023, 11:08:19 pm »

+1

Edit:  edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 01:27:33 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2023, 12:54:24 am »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2023, 04:31:30 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2023, 01:26:21 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2023, 02:30:14 pm »

+1
+1

(Ooo I like it! Normally I would give you a choice to ambush him later on in the room, but I want to explore what happens if they make it to a “final room”)

You decide to watch the elf mage as he traverses the tapestry room. He is a skittish thing now, jumping at the whispers of cloth on stone as the tapestries stir in the invisible breeze.

He slowly, methodically makes his way through the room, checking every nook and cranny. You have plenty of time to make preparations in the next room, checking back every few minutes. You would have grown bored if not for the increasing amount of sweat dripping down the DEFILER’s face.

Eventually he comes to the main door of the hall. He he spends several long minutes investigating the door, casting spells to remove curses and magical traps. He throws a book at the door, causing a large echo through the room. Finally he hesitately reaches out, brushes the handle with his finger before jolting back and desperately scanning the room. He then ever so slowly opens it and peers inside.

A square room centered on one of your precious treasures, surrounded by 4 pillars.  The book lies on a pedestal, illuminated by a pale light, highlighting the fine silver chains laid over top. Inside is compilation of all the knowledge of the room before, written to aid the God-King on his path to godhood. It is Mardoth’s Prayer.

And here you present your champion, who you have been able to spend extra time preparing:

A. The Orc: Either resurrected or simply pushed to a frenzy. Twisted by magic to be more powerful perhaps.

B. One of the humans, empowered to absorb magic and life itself.

C. Something else?
The door come to life? A giant spider? An interesting combo from above?

(This is a final, treasure room. Here you select your champion and hope to defeat the party of adventurers. These treasures can empower you as well with research and an additional part, so you really don’t want to lose them. You have done a good job of weakening this group through the three rooms, and the elf mage is really stressed at this point. )
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2023, 02:39:18 pm »

A

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile