Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: SQUIRE 2.0  (Read 2390 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SQUIRE 2.0
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2023, 09:48:12 am »

Go to Sir Elmhead and introduce ourselves
she/her

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2023, 10:18:50 am »

Seek an audience with Baron Dux Thobing

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2023, 12:55:42 pm »

Go to Sir Elmhead and introduce ourselves
+1

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2023, 01:13:19 pm »

You ponder whether to first visit Sir Elmhead or the Baron, and settle on the former after a moment.

In the meanwhile, you also ask the passerbies and citizens about the city, and they tell you of six districts: trade, scholar, noble, garrison and northern and southern quarters. The only buildings of note are the City Garrison, erected two hundred fifty years ago from thick stone and apparently with help of a Wizard. The Temple of the One is in the scholar district, and the majority of inns, workshops, brothels and shops are of course in the trade district.

Nobles have their estates in their own little district, in the east of the city. At this hour, you are told, Sir Elmhead is definitely seated in his office inside the city garrison, so that is where you go right away.

You walk all the way to the near-center of Marienburg, to the City Garrison. It is a thick, walled building with a narrow moat surrounding it, at it seems, from three sides, the drawbridge's side being the middle one. Crimson banners flutter from the three highest towers alongside the amber and white colored city banner and the blue crest with three golden lions sitting on a green field. Not skilled in heraldry, you can only assume it is the crest of Baron Thobing and his family.

A trio of swordsmen guard the garrison gate, and they watch you carefully as you cross the drawbridge with your horse in tow.

One of them, dressed in officer's cloak, steps forth to block your path. You do not recognize the insignia on his baldric.

"Stop, boy. You are armed, and with a horse, and I see you are no peasant. Must you be a Squire, then, or a messenger from abroad. Do tell what brings you here, but know that we do not offer alms, food or beds to strangers."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2023, 01:33:02 pm »

"I am Squire Griff Let, and I wish to meet Sir Elmhead, and enquire about swearing to his Service"

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2023, 01:39:42 pm »

"I am Squire Griff Let, and I wish to meet Sir Elmhead, and enquire about swearing to his Service"
+1
she/her

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2023, 02:43:25 pm »

"I am Griff Let, a Squire, and I wish to meet Sir Elmhead, and enquire about swearing to his Service." The officer nods at your explanation.

"You're third this year to ask, and the previous two are already serving Sir Elmhead, but I shall go and ask whether he is willing to take on a third one. Wait here." The officer leaves and enters the keep, leaving the two swordsmen to watch over you as you patiently wait for the officer's return.

It feels like eternity before the officer returns.

"Sir Elmhead has no time for you today, unless you have a letter of recommendation from someone of status or rank." You explain that you do not have such a letter.

"Then I'm to tell you that Sir Elmhead will meet you tomorrow morning. When the church bell calls for morning prayer, come here and I will take you to Sir Elmhead." He then looks you over. "You seem to be of some status and wealth, no? 'The Golden Cup', down the Gilding Road, is the best inn in the city that will surely accomodate you and your horse until morrow. All other inns are cheaper but don't expect much service, except those that have girls to offer to strangers." The officer returns to his post and talks with the other two swordmen, possibly about you.

It seems luck isn't on your side - whatever shall you do, Squire?
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2023, 02:51:18 pm »

Meet with Sir Andaron

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2023, 03:03:38 pm »

she/her

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2023, 03:41:37 pm »

You therefore go forth to find Sir Andaron. The helpful passerbies tell you some words about him; besides that he a shady character, they do point out that he, unlike the Baron, varies in his comings and goings to the city's hall. They point you to his house, a three-story brickhouse between trade and scholar districts, at the corner of Gilding and Whitestone roads.

You reach his house, indeed a tall building with glass windows, a luxury of architecture! The heavy door leading inside is guarded by two men. One is swordsman, wearing chainmail with the coat of arms you saw on the Keep - three golden lions on blue and green field. But the other has a leather armor and a cap and a nasty looking mace. More of a thug than soldier, this one.

The maceman is seated on a stool to the left of the door, the swordsman is standing to the right of it, currently idly chewing through an apple. They do take notice when you approach with your horse.

"What do you want, kid?" Says the maceman, as the swordsman is more interested in his snack than a conversation with you.
SigFlags!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2023, 03:46:41 pm »

"I want to know if there is a job for me"
she/her

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2023, 03:52:32 pm »

The two guards look at you and then burst into laughter, the one with apple choking a little on his fruit.

"What, a scrawny wee lad like you?" The maceman chuckles and then waves his hand dismissively at you.

"Get lost, o noble Squire, find somewhere else to chase skirts and fight duels at!" The two share another laugh between themselves, but while the swordsman is very amused about this whole situation, the thug eyes you, his hand on the mace at his belt. You have a feeling that he is someone who doesn't like to repeat himself.

Whatever shall you do, o noble Squre?
SigFlags!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2023, 03:57:45 pm »

"Oh okay" go to The Golden Cup
she/her

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2023, 04:23:47 am »

How about we try the baron.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2023, 05:22:24 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4