Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: [IC] Tress U7: 4x Magical Girl Crossover Battle✩Royale: Sunset Over the Cosmos  (Read 8702 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile

Brynn

Wheelchair girl sighs. "Early on I was attacked by Magical Raider Universal☆Galiah." she explains.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir

"Is it that dangerous?  I crossed it to get to you.  And there's three of us now."

Tayir waves her arms at Aiko and Shizu, not used to having fingers to point with.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn

"Ah, understandable..." She said, "still, I suspect there's some other aspect about you that makes a direct assault unwise. If those two have come this far and expanded this much, I sincerely doubt the threat of an opportunistic invasion alone would keep them away from your throat."
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aiko, Shizu, and Tayir

"I was a little lost, but I did my best to contribute. 'I don't know what a union is, but I'm gatherin' you've met good 'ol mecha Hitler in person then?' I asked, 'She's a handful, but I sent her packing last time she tried to take me out. You've got a lot more to worry about from Dorothy if you're planning to cross the neutral zone.'"

Brynn

Wheelchair girl thinks for a minute. "You're very direct." she says, "That's going to get you killed of you don't learn quickly. You cant expect every magical girl you meet to be willing to part with both their secrets and your life."

She doesn't seem to be threatening you. Her tone suggests that her response is genuine advice given from a place of concern for her fellow mahou shoujo.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
"I have no love of politicking or court intrigue. My respect goes to those who know what they want and have the courage to state it plainly." She grabbed Arisen from off her back and turned back towards the way they'd came. "Very well though, keep your secrets. It's a moot point considering I've no interest in harming you-"

"Are we finally done here? You're going to have to kill some of them eventually-"

"I know." Brynn snapped with a surprising harshness. "But courtesy shown is courtesy reciprocated. The next one we meet will likely try to take our head instead of talk, you can satisfy your bloodlust then."

"Excellent. Mush then, child!"

"I'll set my own pace, thank you. If it's not to your liking, sprout some legs and carry your own weight."

The accentuate the point, and a bit out of pettiness, she deliberately walked a bit slower than her encumbrance demanded as she steered them back towards her own territory. There seemed to only be one option now. She'd have to cross the no man's land. And she doubted she could put off transforming any longer if she wanted to survive the journey.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Aiko and Shizu

"You could say that. I believe that I-"

"We put her here." Aiko interrupts. Her fist clenches - with barely contained rage.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aiko, Shizu, and Tayir

"I didn't really know what to say to that, so I decided it was best not to say anything. Of course I knew my power would give my intentions away, but in my line of work discretion was worth about as much as a stick of gum."

Brynn
"A word of advice." wheelchair girl calls as you leave, "Keep clear of Dorothy."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
Brynn briefly stopped and glanced over her shoulder. "And which one is she?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Brynn

"The black and red one that hunts around the neutral zone."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
"...Ah. My thanks then." She nodded farewell and resumed the short march back home.

There, you will no doubt slake your thirst with her. I suspect a lone neophyte will be irresistible prey to her. Though if we are lucky-

She will still be stalking the master of the Clubs and Insomnia.

Precisely. It felt odd, to so easily be on the same page as to complete each other's deductions. Reminded her of the old days, when things were simpler, and her heart much lighter. Even so, it would be foolish to bank on that idea. If you dare laugh at what I am about to do, I swear I will draw out your destruction sevenfold.

Arisen rolled her eye. Oh no, do spare me, dear princess. I cannot fathom the horrors a rebellious whelp might inflict on a True Elder.

Brynn pursed her lips. Arisen needled her enough without the reminder that she had, in fact, been crafted from the remains of the most fearsome elder dragon ever slain by St. George. She was, quite literally, more ancient than the entirety of their modern race by a full order of magnitude. Her feral power may even have rivalled father, had she been risen as flesh and blood instead of defiled as a ritual reagent. Funnily enough, the more she pondered that, the less Brynn was bothered by that sordid course of events.

The bitch was bad enough even in this restrained, bastardized form. Devils take them all if her true form ever walked the earth again.

Regardless, they were finally back in the vast expanse of barren stone she called a territory. Brynn braced Arisen in the ground and stared her in the eye. In the span of a moment, a full conversation was conveyed through look alone. As it finished Arisen began the first verse of the impromptu ritual.

"Reclaim thy dreadful might,
Now and forever, yours by birthright.
Little dragon, you have lost your way?
Little dragon, have you no sway?
Cast aside the chains of destiny,
Become a god for all to see.
Break the dawn and light the sun,
For the Drakensong has just begun!"

Brynn's final exclamation quickly morphed into a harrowing scream. The flesh gripping Arisen ignited and melted before reforming itself into a gauntleted hand, the accompanying arm bespoke with orange scales from knuckle to elbow. The rest of her mortal coil followed suit.

Every cell in her body awoke with a rush of unbridled mitochondrial activity, practically destroying her inside-out as what was once an unassuming child was engulfed in a pyre of brilliant blue flame.

The pain was simultaneously excruciating yet exquisite, even as her back split open and two geysers of fire erupted from it with all the theatrics and bluster of twin cinder cones. She could hold the roar in no longer, and a third geyser joined them as she threw her head back and let power and malice given audible form report all the way to the very edges of her domain - a war cry that would make even her elders pause in respect of its killing intent.

Her knees buckled as her legs were incinerated and re-forged into scaled greaves matching her gauntlets, and it was all she could do to cling to Arisen's handle and not collapse outright.

Finally, the inferno she had become began to die, in the span of a few seconds that had felt like an agonizingly blissful eternity. The spires of flame fanning from her back coalesced into the newly molded flesh, bone, and scales of a pair of expansive wings that unleashed a majestic wave of both awe and terror as they unfurled. What small, still-burning embers there were clung to Brynn's nude torso before reigniting and expanding to cover it in an orange leotard with an accompanying dragon-scaled breastplate and pauldrons. The familiar glowing jewel that crowned the center of her chest swallowed the remaining flames in a swirling vortex, heralding the end of the transformation.

Silence reigned supreme as the little dragon rose to her feet. Contrary to her assumptions, her bladed companion was hardly laughing. No, she recognized that look in her eyes. She had seen it in countless other elders before. Absolute terror and suspicion. They had already been linked before, but now there was no barrier hiding the full extent of the changes that had taken place since their last parting.

"You... how!? You were never supposed to-"

"Never supposed to what, dear Arisen?" Brynn cocked her head with a wicked smile. The sword didn't dare finish her dreaded thought, lest she somehow make it more of a reality than it already was. Brynn hefted her entire length onto her armored shoulder as easily as a Landsknecht in her prime. "Fret not, old friend. You will fathom the horrors I'll visit upon you in due time. But while we are here, you may fulfill your purpose."

A garbled string of curses that quickly morphed into a frustrated screech was all the sword answered with. Brynn sneered gleefully at the display even as she spread her wings and took flight towards the neutral zone. The moment she crossed over the boundary out of her land, her physical form melted away into a phantasmal fog vaguely carrying her likeness and that of Arisen. On the off chance they were caught by surprise before they found the others, it would at least prevent the first strike of the ambush from being the last.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 07:41:15 pm by Sutoratosu Akira »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir

"Aiko, are.. you okay?"
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 11:01:15 pm by Devastator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Aiko and Shizu

"No!" Aiko and Shizu snapped at the same time. Neither of them was especially the type to snap at someone.

"We weren't supposed to see her again!" Aiko shouted, "It was supposed to be over. That was the silver lining, that she couldn't hurt people anymore!"

"That she could not hurt us anymore." Shizu added, her own usually-toneless voice angry.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Maybe.."

Tayir doesn't really know how to handle this.  There's a whirl of wrong statements, questions, unnecessary or uncaring "solutions".

"It'll be okay."

.."I mean, you won once, right?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aiko, Shizu, and Tayir

"Aiko," Shadow's voice suddenly echoes out of Shizu, "I don't really understand what's happening but whoever it is you're worried about please don't do anything stupid. You need to stay alive if you're going to do... Whatever it is the TV wants you to do."

Brynn
[2 tiles due north of Charlotte's territory]

Your trek across the grassy plains of the neutral zone is surprisingly peaceful, aside from any conversation between yourself and Arisen.

Of course, that wasn't fated to last. Not long after you pass the halfway point to your destination, the true peril of this world reveals itself to you.

"Shadow Lightning Shroud, Burst!"

You don't have time to react to the shout from directly below you before a previously invisible black and red clad girl appears in a flash of magical red energy that engulfs you whole.

Aiko, Shizu, and Tayir

"Oh shit. The explosion of red crackling across the distant skies bright enough to pierce the monochrome clouds of my tragic realm was enough to unbalance even my unflappable demeanor. After all, there was only one true threat left in this game. Only one who had the power, desire, and will to hunt and kill.

"'Dorothy found someone.' I said ominously.

"My two visitors seemed gung-ho enough to beeline for the disturbance, but they didn't. They both knew as well as I that there was nothing they could do against power like that. Going out to fight Dorothy would only mean more dead, just like the unfortunate target of her attack."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
Someone else doubtlessly would've perished on the spot. As it stood though, Brynn wasn't entirely sure if the blast would've done anything significant even in physical form. She let herself spread out in the air as the energy engulfed them, paying more attention to the sender than the attack already winking out of existence.

I'm not impressed thus far. Shall we?

Arisen was silent for a moment as she checked the map. Tempting as it, context and simple process of elimination suggest her's is one of the larger territories on the map. On her own, her presence doesn't strike me as any more formidable than the countless other mages we've slain. Bolstered by the rules of Dominion though... it would be wiser to stay our hands. For now.

Brynn didn't bother commenting on the irony. By now it was likely clear that the opener hadn't achieved the intended effect, given the only thing left was a cloud of expanding blue mist. One that silently studied the belligerent magical girl from a myriad of angles: her weaponry, her armor, any follow-ups she might be preparing, even the way she carried herself.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 08:00:05 pm by Sutoratosu Akira »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13