Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: [IC] Tress U7: 4x Magical Girl Crossover Battle✩Royale: Sunset Over the Cosmos  (Read 8704 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile

Brynn

"Didn't your familiar tell you already?" the shrine maiden says, "The only way out is to win."
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
The former princess sighed deeply as Arisen audibly cackled in smug vindication. "I suppose she wasn't lying about that part then. Fine. But is killing each other to expand territory truly the only path to victory here?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Aiko and Shizu

Aiko blinked. ”Huh?” Processing. Processing. ”Wait, Tayir?”

”We have been able to maintain contact with Shadow. We do not know where Brynn is specifically, but we know where her territory formed.”

”Tayir why are you a girl? Or a human at all?”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Brynn

Hinako stays very quiet in response to that.

After all, if there was another option, then all those girls she killed died for nothing but the blood on her hands.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
Brynn looked into the older(?) girl's eyes for a good while. She knew well what the regret of past battles could do to someone.

"...I see." She finally sighed. She turned and looked back at the way they'd come, and in turn the territories beyond. "All the more reason for me to find my fri-... my acquaintances," for not one of them could truly be called her friend, relative strangers as they all were, "before they run into someone less capable of introspection."

Are you serious? She's standing right there, her morale at its lowest, herself exposed!

Look at the size of her territory, dear and foolish Arisen. Now look at mine. This place has already somehow deprived me of all power when I am beyond your aid, who's to say it hasn't further tampered with it to the point where the extent of one's conquest has more bearing on your standing than the natural order of things does? Or are you so eager to taste blood once again that you would rush headlong into battle blind and arrogant?

While she did in fact think that argument had some merit, really it was also an excuse to leave. Brynn had already decided she wasn't going to kill this girl, unless it was an absolute last resort.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir

"Some type of domain mumbo-jumbo, I think.  Maybe birds aren't allowed here."

"Any sign of the person we're here to save?  And can you show me where Brynn arrived?"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 07:59:50 pm by Devastator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aiko and Shizu

”Well you’re adorable and I think it’s great.”

”I have seen no evidence of what caused our device to direct us to this world, but Brynn created her territory to the North, past the neutral territory.”

”Who’s your friend?”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir

"Thank you.  Hands are cool, and I can still fly, so it's okay.  I ended up by that lake over there, but without a paddle, so..

..well, I'm just glad I can still fly."

"This is umm..  'Charlotte✩Monochrome', and she agreed to help us out in finding each other, and then finding the person we're here to help.  She does want a few.." Tayir hesitates a bit 'Dollars' for her help, but that shouldn't be any problem."

"Also, created?  Does one just make places here?"
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 09:42:25 pm by Devastator »

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aiko, Shizu, and Tayir

"It seemed my job was half done before it even began. Not unexpected in this pit, the empty stories all around were just the same.

"'Nice to meet you.' I told the dame with the chatty familiar, 'You'll have to forgive me for wrapping you up in my power, but I'd rather keep my head square on my shoulders if you don't mind.' I tipped Mono towards her.

"I eyed her a bit. Too boyish and definitely way too flat, but I figured a winning smile like that still put her in my strike zone. Two lovely dames fallin' right into my lap seemed like a perfect recipe for danger. Good thing then that I was gettin' bored of safety."

Brynn

Hinako watches you go for a minute, until one of the NPCs scurries up to the desk crying about the Milk Spilling Club's lack of beverages on such a hot day, taking her exasperated attention.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn

There wasn't much else to do beside head back to her own territory and chart a new course. Which is precisely where Brynn started dragging Arisen off to next, ignoring all protest the sword raised. It would've been helpful if the hunk of metal actually knew where the others were, but of course she didn't.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aiko and Shizu

"Nice to meet you! I'm Red Rose Magical✩Aiko!"

"Blue Rose Magical✩Shizu." Shizu added. Then sighed. "...That is going to get quite irritating, very quickly."

"Nah, it's cute! You should use your magical girl name more anyway what's the point otherwise?" Aiko said cheerfully. "Anyway, don't worry about it, I was just here for my friend since she was the closest to where I landed!"

"The power does seem rather intriguing." Shizu said. "If you must use it to feel comfortable we will not argue it. This place is dangerous and caution warranted."
Sigtext!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir

"Okay, so Brynn is north of here?  Across open territory?"

"Should we claim as we walk there or however one does that?"

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aiko, Shizu, and Tayir

"Much as I wanted to help, venturing outside my territory gave me pause. 'A trek across the neutral-zone seems ill-advised.' I warned, 'Dorothy won't hesitate to down you like a fine glass of wine.'"

Shadow, unable to hear the narration, chimes in sounding worried. "Did I hear that right? You're caught in another girl's power?" the alarm in her voice increases as she speaks, "You need to get out of there, you're in danger!"

"I thought about reassuring the bracelet's mixed feelings, but I thought it best to leave the task to her wearer. Instead, I turned to the chocolate dame and answered her question. 'I'm guessin' your familiar is the quiet type. If you're lookin' to grow your territory, you have to kill the girl that owns it and take the jewel that's left behind by her demise. The winner gets reincarnated back to where she died.'"

Brynn

Actually, while she doesn't know where the others are, she does get updates about the map right to her brain-equivalent. And given there's only a few territories as small as yours, she could make an educated guess if she wanted to be helpful.

Otherwise you'll just have to keep looking around blindly or go back and fight Hinako.
Defile Circles Discord

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aiko and Shizu

Aiko felt a chill at that. She'd known some things about this place - but the whole... reincarnating thing. She glanced towards the gas-city again.

"Charlotte does not seem to currently be a threat. I am keeping a close watch." Shizu reported to Shadow.

"Well then you don't actually need to worry about us, right? We didn't die, so we don't have a reason to try and kill people to, uh, reincarnate."
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 05:54:10 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
"You can keep grumbling, or you can actually contribute something productive."

"You have no right to speak of being productive, the way you threw away that free kill out of..." Arisen narrowed her eye in disgust. "...sentiment."

"Your arrogance proceeds you if you still think that would've been 'free'. Regardless, my offer still stands: do something helpful, or cease thy protests." Brynn didn't even realize she'd slipped back into the old habit, nor did she really care.

"...north. There is a territory roughly twice the size of yours, but still miniscule compared to everything else nearby. There are a few others far to the south, but reaching them would require us to either cross the neutral zone, or detour through multiple foreign zones. Neither is advisable."

"Why?"

"You are significantly easier to kill outside of your own territory. Crossing the neutral zone introduces no end of variables that may cut our existences short. Traveling through unknown territories of significant size is almost certain to produce an even higher spike in danger."

Brynn pursed her lips. The others were probably down south, but she was curious who held the land north of hers. And if it was only twice the size but still barely a pinpoint on larger map, well...

"Fine. We'll venture up there and re-evaluate based on what we find."

"Make sure to pass through your territory on the way. I am weary of the red menace from earlier."

Brynn raised a brow but nodded as she slightly altered her course accordingly. And here she thought she'd just been seeing shadows.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13