Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: [IC] Tress U7: 4x Magical Girl Crossover Battle✩Royale: Sunset Over the Cosmos  (Read 8700 times)

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile

Brynn and Tayir

As Brynn approaches the city and Tayir flies up, the two of you chance close enough to spot each other. Although Brynn has no means to recognize Tayir and Tayir is distracted by ensuring their home is safe.

Thankfully, the lake appears to be steaming a bit, but otherwise untouched.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
Brynn dug her claws into a nearby building façade and spent a few moments wearily watching the other girl vanish into the distance, not sure who she was and really not too eager to find out after meeting the bizarre sci-fi witch. Once she was sure the potential threat was gone, she let go and took off again. Out of curiosity she tried her best to trace the girl's flight trajectory back towards its start point in the city, in case there might be anything of note in the area. Like a fresh corpse.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Aiko and Shizu

Aiko, was momentarily derailed from her trauma by the shock of 'giant f-off laser beam'. "What the- what's that!?" And then by a magical girl flying towards them that was a different one than the one that just flew away.

She stepped in front of Charlotte to put herself between the incoming girl and them, putting a hand up to Shizu - at this distance it was difficult to make out the incoming person.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir turns back from the lake, spotting the orange-winged dragon girl who just landed from the sky.  Without legs.  There wasn't an introduction, but it's pretty clear that orange + dragon wings means this is Brynn.

"Brynn!  Is that you?"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 10:58:18 pm by Devastator »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
Well, what have we here?
Her I recognize, at least. The one behind her is a stranger.

Brynn decreased her speed as she approached to the duo, until she was close enough that her features could readily identified by standard human vision. As she came in to land she reared up and dropped Arisen to the ground, where the sword promptly buried herself crooked in the pavement. Brynn floated down to sit in the crux between her familiar's handle and guard before transforming back into an ordinary human girl, albeit one with stumps where the rest of her legs should've been.

"Hello, Aiko." Her eyes flicked to the familiar bracelet on the girl's arm. "Shizu. It's about time I found you. Who's your new friend?"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 07:09:08 pm by Sutoratosu Akira »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All

"Another visitor meant another threat, especially when that visitor had survived an encounter with the shadow of death herself. I hastily moved to reapply my power as the three girls gathered in my territory. 'Charlotte✩Monochrome, P.I.' I introduced myself to the injured little girl. I offered her a lollipop manifested with minimal sleight of hand, the least I could do in lieu of medical attention."

Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aiko and Shizu

"Huh? Wait, you know me?" Aiko asks, tilting her head.

"Hello, Brynn. It is good you made it here. We were contemplating the best way to make the trek."

"Wait, Brynn?" Processing. Processing. Connecting the child to the giant dragon lady. "Brynn!? You're so small! And cute!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
Brynn tilted her head as she suddenly started hearing moody narration, but Aiko's words seemed to momentarily take precedence. She pouted a bit as she looked down at her current form, dressed in a silken three-tone tang suit with a prominent stripe down the middle and a skirt that she had just enough leg left for the bottom of her knees to poke out from. Her hair was done up in side-swept bangs that framed her face, with two small buns just behind her temples that trailed off into braided twin tails that ended just below her collarbone. "Small, yes, cute remains entirely to be sure. I do approve of the fashion sense though."

She returned her attention to the offered lolipop for a moment, before sighing and accepting it. "Thank you, Miss Monochrome. I'm glad to see most of the remaining prisoners so far are still somewhat reasonable. The warning about Dorothy was well founded and then some."

She wiggled her stumps for emphasis.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The lake was okay.  It might be important, but it's a lake.  It's not a carefully-maintained collection of objects, each piece of which must be individually inspected for damage or flaws.  It isn't a painting, which could take a long inspection with careful tools to determine that it suffered no harm.  It is a large body of still water, and it doesn't take long for the steam to disappear and the ripples to fade out.

After an examination, Tayir flies back and, moves in for a landing, arriving in time to see the newcomer transform back into a human.  Tayir jumps to the ground and transforms back, into a clean running motion.

"Brynn is that you?  Are you okay?"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 10:35:45 pm by Devastator »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
There still wasn't a lick of recognition for the approaching girl. Regardless, Brynn shrugged, assuming that if neither Aiko nor Miss Monochrome were weary of her that it was probably fine... if a bit odd for a complete stranger to be so concerned. "I will be fine, in time. Were it not for the constraints of this place, I would've already regrown my limbs. Alas, now I know what it feels like to be bottlenecked by one's mana capacity... it's a strange and entirely unnatural twisting of fate, just another hint that something about this place is deeply unright if it can make the anathema of life force beholden to its flow. Of course, maybe what is called 'mana' here is nothing of the sort from back home, but merely shares a name. Unfortunately, my higher senses are nonexistent at the moment and dulled even when transformed here, making it rather difficult to do any sort of in-depth analysis and comparison. But that is of secondary concern."

She craned her neck behind her to look Tayir up and down in thorough detail. "Who are you? I know a third investigator entered with us, but I've never seen you before."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tayir

"Tayir.  This is my first mission.  Normally I look like my familiar here, but blue-and white.  This place gave me this human body."  Tayir then shakes hands.  It's not clumsy, but it is a bit slower than usual and somewhat artificial.

"As for you, it's hard to miss someone of your majesty, and you are the only person I know of who could handle a weapon like that."  Tayir says, hoping to flatter the dragon for a moment.

"So far I have managed to avoid combat, and as such haven't had proper occasion to try out my abilities.  That said, I suspect they'll come in quite handy; having eyes in the back of your head and a dozen points of view is always beneficial."

"Anyway, there's just one more thing.."

"Charlotte, about your power.  You held myself and Aiko back from the fight up in the sky.  That was fine, we didn't know who was fighting Dorothy up there, and Brynn made it through okay without our help.

But it was rude to stop us that way.  I'd like an apology."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
"Miss Monochrome was wise to stop you from intervening," Brynn interjected, "I made it through that encounter only because I was designed to kill mages and have decades of experience doing so. Yet, even I was forced to retreat. Dorothy is the type of problem who quickly becomes a meat grinder if your best idea is just send in more bodies."

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All

"I shook my head at the dame. 'I hate to disappoint a pretty face, but you'll hear no apology from me.' I said plainly, 'If I hadn't held you back, you'd be dust by now. That girl's a machine for makin' death.' It was hard to believe she was barely more than a child. Unlike a lot of the misfortunate souls who ended up here, Dorothy had clearly started with a knack for killing. I was loath to think what sort of monster had turned a child into a weapon of mass destruction like that. Or what other sort of monster had been strong enough to put her down for good."
Defile Circles Discord

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Brynn
"Both very good questions..." Brynn muttered darkly. "Regardless, she's a tricky obstacle, but a fairly predictable one from the data collected so far."

She turned her attention to Aiko and Shizu. "I don't think we had much of a plan for investigating the disturbance that brought us here, did we? Instincts tell me that whatever it is likely lies in the heart of the temple complex, perhaps the master of this game. Getting there as we are now, however, will be..." She pursed her lips, but it looked more like another pout given how her cheeks puffed. "Difficult."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aiko and Shizu

"It's okay, Charlotte, it was probably smart. We're going to have to work up to that one!"

"I believe the temple is more likely the territory of another Magical Girl. Therefore the logical conclusion would be that we are to end the game in some fashion."

"Everyone here is... basically a prisoner, right? That's what it sounds like from what everyone's been saying so far."

"Some more than others, perhaps."
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13