Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wizard and Lizards and Frogs, Oh My!  (Read 558 times)

Kintak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wizard and Lizards and Frogs, Oh My!
« on: October 29, 2007, 11:15:00 pm »

Heya gang. I'm wondering, has anyone else here created a world where you can play wizards, lizardmen, and frogmen?
Earlier today I did, and then I deleted all my game files except the world because I was afraid there was something wrong (instead of deleting the old version beforehand, I just overwrote everything). Unfortunately when I tried to go back to adventure mode, it caused some sort of glitch that would crash the game and give me a popup about "gloss glass" or something like that.
I'm trying to make a new world where I can play a lizardman, but after 5 tries I haven't been able to. I've just gotten the standard humans, dwarves, and elves.

Has anyone else made a world where you can play as a lizard or frog man? Do you think you could let me use it too?
I really enjoyed making a lizardman wrestler and biting an enemy in half.

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard and Lizards and Frogs, Oh My!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 11:25:00 pm »

Gimme a few days and I'll have some fun stuff to mod for y'all, I'm sure.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 11:26:00 pm »

I saw that screenshot somebody had on the embark screen.  So did that come from overwriting the old version?  Anybody getting that weird stuff with a clean install?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Kintak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 11:34:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>I saw that screenshot somebody had on the embark screen.  So did that come from overwriting the old version?  Anybody getting that weird stuff with a clean install?</STRONG>

It's not intentional, huh?
Well it should be. That was damn fun. I started as a wrestler lizardman in a frogmen town and attacked like a normal lizardman with biting (as well as the standard punching and grabbing that the normal races do) like I mentioned earlier.
I really enjoyed it for the novelty of it all and hope to see it officially added.

I assume it came from overwriting the old version, since it stopped working after I did a clean install.

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 08:51:00 am »

I got a world like that, got created in some inns' cellar and joined with a drunk frogman.
I asked one mayor(there were two of them) for service and he told me something like:
I am speaking for the council of Somethingunimportant
We are in Randomname.
Council of Somethingunimportand founded the council in 1276
Seek this place and kill Blahblah the drunk.

Coincidentally that was the drunk I hired, and when I attacked him mayor and other frogmen attacked me.

I thought that Toady sure has weird sense of humor.

EDIT:

I also got this.
I created the world again and it's still the same.
Also, the mass of people died from steam and freezing the very instant I got created.
I'm going to download this again.

[ October 30, 2007: Message edited by: Fishersalwaysdie ]

Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...