Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: SPAMTRADER OF LUSITANIA: Captain Scott Finley!  (Read 9953 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMTRADER OF LUSITANIA: Captain Scott Finley!
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2023, 03:25:40 am »

B.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2023, 03:46:11 am »

"I see. Let's go to Capus!"

"Aye, sir!"

Soon the anchor is pulled up, the sails set, and the helsman leads Santa Julia out of the harbor, out of the Lusian Bay, and into the Atlantean Ocean. The first voyage of Captain Finley to the Karib Archipelago has begun!

7th Early Winter
Morning
South of Lusia

As the sailors lift up the body of the dead man off the hold's floor, others begin cleaning up the spilled grapedrink.

"What has happened here?" You ask as the First Mate and the Surgeon turn to you.

"Sailor Travera was crushed by a failling barrel." Says the Surgeon, shaking his head.

"Seems that the rope wrapped around the barrels on that shelf has snapped." The First Mate shows you the rope - its musty and green-tinted. "It's an old and rotting one, and I believe Travera himself was one of sailors in charge of securement of the ropes. Mayhaps it be he brought this fate upon himself. Unfortunately, the barrel cracked open when it crashed upon his head so the grapedrink stored within has spilled."

"Two hundred and eighty of Ducats gone, gentlemen." The Purser says from behind you, already scribbling in his ledger.

"Better that than the pricier stuff."

"Check the ropes and other bindings. We can't let this happen again."

"Already on it, Captain. The crew will check each and every one of them once we clear this mess up."

Later, it is found that this was the only rotting rope used for bindings, and all other cargo is completely secure.

11th Early Winter
Evening
Isle of Capus

Quote from: Purser's Ledger
Wages:
2 Ducats per Sailor a Day for 149 Sailors over 5 Days from Lusia to Capus: 1.490 Ducats

Some of the sailors disembark for the evening, while the First Mate and the Navigator come up to you.

"I spoke briefly with the Company Man on Capus. There was nothing in particular he had to report. Ships sailing from Garas haven't seen any Stygian boats or pirate Ships there. The seas in the region are currently calm and smooth, fishermen say."

"Captain, where shall we head next?"

A) "To Saint Alonso!"
B) "To Garas!"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2023, 04:04:43 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2023, 04:11:56 am »

A.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2023, 04:46:04 am »

"To Saint Alonso!"

By the sunrise of next morning, the anchor is lifted, the sails set, and the ship is away!

25th Early Winter
Noon
Isle of Saint Alonso

Quote from: Explorer Perk
Tails, Heads
Thanks to your knowledge of the winds and currents, Santa Julia saves 1 Day on travel

Quote from: Purser's Ledger
Wages:
2 Ducats per Sailor a Day for 149 Sailors over 14 Days from Capus to St.Alonso: 4.172 Ducats

Two weeks at the seas are very different from what you can experience in the closed seas of the Old World!

Sailors disembark except the unlucky few who have guard duty, to get fresh food and fresh drink and fresh entertainment in the taverns and whorehouses of Saint Alonso.

You, however, accompanied by the First Mate and the Purser, step out onto the wharf.

"I wish to conduct trading as fast as possible, Captain. We ought to visit the market keepers right away."

"We ought to speak with Company Man on the island first, Captain. He might have valuable information for us that could be used in negotiations."

A) "First we trade, then we talk about the voyage to come! Let's get to the markets!"
B) "A pleasant chat will do well to soothe my nerves about this journey! Lead me to the Company Man!"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2023, 04:50:14 am »

B. Unless he's a waste whos himself hiding in the Whorehouses, he should have information of use.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2023, 05:25:23 am »

B - Let's get info first

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2023, 05:47:31 am »

"A pleasant chat will do well to soothe my nerves about this journey! Lead me to the Company Man!"

You are lead to the Company Man, who lives in a small office down the dock.

"Greetings, Roberto." Says the First Mate, lifting his hat to the small, obese man sitting at the desk, who stands up.

"Ah, Luis! Xavier!" He quickly wades across the room. "Nice to meet you again after all these months." The man looks you up and down. "And this be whom?"

"This fine monsieur is our new Captain, Scott Finley, of Albion." The rotund Company Man quickly shakes your hand.

"Ah, pleasure, great pleasure to meet you, sir!"

"Pleasure's the same."

"Please, be seated." You three sit in front of Roberto's desk as he returns to his own chair which creaks most painfully under his weight.

"How can I help you?"

"We need information."

"Ah! Information..." Roberto tilts himself away on his chair, lacing his fingers on his vast waist. He hums quietly for a while, then leans forward again. "The seas are calm around here. Pirates have avoided our waters for the last few weeks, thanks Goddess for that! Sugarcane harvest has only recently begun but I'm told it's huge this Winter. Oh! And I've heard that some establishments on the island are searching for a supply of Fruitbrew for the new year's celebrations already. Do you have Fruitbrew on board your ship?"

"Not much, only few dozen barrels."

"Ah, but still - you might be able to sell each barrel few dozen Ducats more than on the Market if you ask around the place. There's quite a few taverns in the town, there ought be at least few who are still searching for the expensive vintage and are willing to pay the price."

A) "Thank you for your information, we shall be on our way!"
B) "Would you have any information about... (insert topic here)?"
SigFlags!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2023, 05:52:23 am »

B, Blackspice, the places that should still have more of it, and etc
Best to ask now to someone keeping an eye to this sort of stuff, than waste our time heading to the wrong islands.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2023, 06:03:17 am »

B, Blackspice, the places that should still have more of it, and etc
Best to ask now to someone keeping an eye to this sort of stuff, than waste our time heading to the wrong islands.
+1

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2023, 06:24:08 am »

"Blackspice, the places that should still have more of it, et cetera." Roberto sighs.

"Ah, Blackspice? Well you wouldn't find it much on the island, and in Southeast Karibs in general I am afraid to say! I am pretty sure that on the east side from Sebastias there are plantations only on the island of Guidea. The trade port of Copana might have some in its stores, but considering it is off-season, you might encounter it highly priced or not at all. Blackspice, Blackspice..." The big guy ponders for a moment.

"Well, there are plantations on Sebastias, plus its major trade hub for the region, so you ought to have much better luck here. I am also pretty sure that some ports on the Coast of Columbia have Blackspice plantations. For sure it is in Pointas, but I believe others should have it too. Nuova Lusia, a trade hub for Columbian trade for dyes, cloth and metals, ought to have it in its stores too. Considering few ships go this far west, it might be your best bet after Sebastias." Roberto lets out a hum.

"Whatever you need Blackspice for so long after its season times?" The First mate grins.

"The King himself wants five hundred Coffers of the stuff before end of the year. Our Captain here swore to bring it." Roberto gasps quietly.

"Five hundred Coffers is no small amount! I will pray on Solarday for your success."

A) "Thank you for your words, we will be on our way now!"
B) "Thank you, and do you know anything about... (insert topic here)?"
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2023, 07:13:03 am »

This one is to the whole group, as I'm sure our First Mate will have input to share.

B) Would we have time to start at Sebastias, and then do a circuit along the whole coast, through Copana, Guidea, Las Argentas, Pointas, Nuova Lucia, Aridias, and St. Maria?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2023, 07:58:04 am »

"Would we have time to start at Sebastias, and then do a circuit along the whole coast, through Copana, Guidea, Las Argentas, Pointas, Nuova Lucia, Aridias, and St. Maria?" The Purser, the First Mate, and the Company Man all hum and ponder and scratch their chins thoughtfully.

"Wish we brought the Navigator in here with us."

"Ah, from here to Sebastias if you do not anchor at Saint Marco you could be there in four days. To go to Copana you would experience winds both mild and sideways to your sails, so perhaps four days?"

"Going along the Karibs Proper all the way from Saint Alonso to Fedeira took us usually 10 days, but that's in near straight lane along the winds. What's the weather like along the Coast of Columbia, Roberto?"

"Ah, I wouldn't know, except that the winds are northwesternly for sure. The gulfs probably have small waves and weak winds. In fact, there's some pirates that have oar-driven ships to catch up with larger, but slower Ships."

"Let me get Alberto, Captain. He knows the maps and the winds, he can probably make a better estimate than any of us here." The First Mate leaves his seat and exits the office, while the Purser and the Company Man look at you.

A) "For now that is all, let us go to the markets now."
B) "I have another question, this time about... (insert topic here)"
SigFlags!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2023, 01:57:05 pm »

B, this is my first trip to the Karibs- have you any advice I wouldn't think to ask for?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2023, 03:47:25 am »

B, this is my first trip to the Karibs- have you any advice I wouldn't think to ask for?

The Purser and the Company Man look at each other briefly.

"Try to avoid buying goods that are out of season!"

"We will still make profits on most of Karib goods, but some of these cost almost three times as much as during their harvest seasons!"

A) "Thank you. We shall go to the markets now."
B) "Hm, but what about... (insert topic here)?"
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20