Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: SPAMTRADER OF LUSITANIA: Captain Scott Finley!  (Read 9927 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMTRADER OF LUSITANIA: Captain Scott Finley!
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2023, 02:48:23 pm »

C.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2023, 03:12:08 pm »

"That's all I need to know - it seems our Master has a word to say!"

"That I do, that I do!" The Company Master steps closer, and the royal man alongside him. "Captain Finley, this is, by grace of the King, Count Mauricio de Salaterca."

"Greetings, Captain." The Count raises his plumed, fur-trimmed cap towards you.

"He has an expedient offer of Charter of Goods for our Company, and, seeing that your ship is soon to begin its voyage..."

"The Charter is thus: Our beloved King, blessed by the Goddess, will have a great need of Blackspice, to be delivered by 25th of Late Winter this year, in the amount of five hundred Coffers."

"Twenty five shiploads!" Cries the Purser. "In winter times? That's past the harvest! And His Majesty wants it in less than eighty days, too."

"By the grace of our Majesty, the Company will be rewarded handsomely - and by extension, those who deliver the spice. The Royal Treasury will pay eight hundred ducats above Lusitanian market price, per Coffer, if you deliver the whole bulk, and four hundred, if the amount will not be exact or you will be late by even a fraction of a day."

"I know this is your first voyage to the Karibs, Captain-" The Company Master claps his hands and smiles widely. "But please do not put a wrongful impression about your great personage by rejecting this charter. Tis' coming from the King himself!"

A) "We can deliver five hundred Coffers of Blackspice before 25th Late Winter - this I swear on my name and honor!"
B) "I am honored to be recipient of His Majesty's word, but, regrettably, and with great pain of both my heart and my soul, I must decline this Charter."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2023, 03:31:27 pm »

Seems like a good deal— even if we fluff it up, he'll still pay above odds for what we do manage to bring.

A

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2023, 03:57:25 pm »

A - Let's be bold

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2023, 04:26:42 pm »

"We can deliver five hundred Coffers of Blackspice before 25th Late Winter - this I swear on my name and honor!" Both the Company Master and the Count exhale in jubilation while your Purser shakes his head.

"By the noon of day we shall have the Charter document ready for you, Captain."

6th Early Winter
Noon

TRADE CHARTER OF ROYAL FAMILY OF LUSITANIA
Thereby by the Order of the Crown of Lusitania
And With Agreement of the Lusitanian Western Trade Company

It is declared therein that Captain Scott Finley, of Albion, in charge of good ship Saint Julia, shall deliver to the stores of the Royal Family in Lusia, a haul of 500 Coffers Blackspice, and not one less, by the 25th of Late Winter, and not a fraction of day later, for the increase of market price by 800 Ducats.

If he shall fail in this endeavour, the increase will be deduced by 400 Ducats, to 400 Ducats, and this mark upon honor of Captain Scott Finley will be forever remembered in the annals of the Royal Treasurer and the Procurer Princeps of Lusitania.

Down below signed by:
Company Master, Pablo Alonso de Amiencafaya, <squiggly signature>
Court Provisioner of Spices, Count Mauricio de Salaterca, <straight, thin signature>
Captain Scott Finley, in employ of the Company, <terrible signature>

You hand the Charter to the First Mate, who folds it twice and puts it in a strongbox in the back of your cabin, while the Navigator spreads out the Map of the Atlantean Ocean on your desk.

"So the first order of our voyage, Captain Finley," Says the Navigator. "Will be decision whether we go to Madus, or further south to Capus." He taps the two Company Harbors.

"From Lusia to Madus in current weather it shall be three days, to Capus that would be five at the least. From each its at least fifteen-day sail to the Karibs on the west-southwesternly trade winds. Ursinio and Grande Urso next from Madus, or Saint Alonso from Capus." He rubs his chin, and then traces a line from Capus to Garas.

"Or four more to Garas, then following the winds, another thirteen or fourteen some, I wager, to Southeast Karibs and Columbian Coast. Endejo, Saint Luca..." The Navigator straightens his back while First Mate steps up to the map, then crosses his arms.

"Captain, the ship's ready to set sail. What are your orders?"

A) "We sail to Madus!"
B) "We sail to Capus!"
C) "Wait, I have a question about... (insert port/area here)"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 04:34:16 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2023, 04:44:01 pm »

We need to get to Sebastias ASAP to buy Blackspice while some is still in the market. After that we can meander to the Coast of Columbia (where there is metal to buy).

So that we seem to mean speeding from Madus to Grande Urso, then hopefully from there to Sebastias. And then from Sebastias to Las Argentas, if the winds allow.

--

C) "Wait, I have a question about... Sebastias!

(i.e. ingoing and outgoing ports...)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2023, 04:55:09 pm »

"Wait, I have a question about Sebastias!" The Navigator and First Mate ponder the port.

"A big one. The biggest of ports in the Karibs, if I may say so. Big market, but the goods there rarely sit still for more than few days. Blackspice and Brownpod Plantations, along with Crimsonpeel and Puffcloth, and also some Sweetpod."

"Some locals also deliver Bitterfruit and Sugar from the Bear Islands and Saint Marco there. I wager there will be some other goods there." The Navigator draws his finger from Sebastias to the west.

"The winds are mostly westernly or northwesternly from that point on. Costas then Fedeira and Palovilas. Or Pointas. It won't be much of a hassle to reach Las Argentas from Sebastias, but Guidea for example would put us sideways to the wind, and towards Copana, against it." He then taps Mediana.

"The winds in the strait between Costas and Sebastias are quite slow, but fickle, so there's much travel between Mediana and Sebastias. Mediana's Spicebark and Sugar usually end on Sebastias market, too."

A) "I see it now. Onwards, to Madus!"
B) "I see it now. We sail to Capus!"
C) "Alright, how about... (insert port/area here)"
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 05:04:53 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2023, 05:14:38 pm »

C) "Alright, how about... St Alonso

(If the winds are northwesterly are the Karibs, is it much quicker to travel from St Alonso to Sebastias, than it would Grande Urso, I wonder...)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2023, 05:19:36 pm »

C) The homeward journey from St Maria, Pavas, or Westeros. How long does thar tend to take?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2023, 05:26:03 pm »

"Alright, how about... St Alonso"

"More of a first stop on the way to riches than any real trade port."

"Still, it has Greenspice and Sugar plantations. Plus from there its easy way along with the winds to Saint Marco, which has Bitterfruit, then to Sebastias. Two days each between ports."

"The homeward journey from St Maria, Pavas, or Westeros. How long does thar tend to take?"

"Its about seven days from the Karibs to Westeros, then another seven to Azuria because the winds don't really turn eastwards anywhere but north of Pavas. Westeros can be skipped, to save a day or two, but the waters between Homeward Islands and the Karibs tend to be ruthless outside of Spring."

A) "Good, good. Let's sail to Madus!"
B) "Good good, we shall be going to Capus!"
C) "What about... (insert port/area here)"
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2023, 01:52:17 am »

C Is there any reason we wouldn't stop at Madus on the way to Capus?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2023, 01:58:24 am »

C Is there any reason we wouldn't stop at Madus on the way to Capus?
(We've been told that that Blackspice doesn't stay on the market for long. We have signed a contract to buy this stuff, so we need to get to where they sell it as soon as possible. So puttering about on the first islands makes it less likely we'll get our spice. Also we pay wages on every port we visit, so we risk losing money on non-profitable island hops)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2023, 02:22:13 am »

"Is there any reason we wouldn't stop at Madus on the way to Capus?"

"Time, my good Captain. Bypassing Madus saves us up to two days with the usual winds."

A) "I see. Set sail to Madus!"
B) "I see. Let's go to Capus!"
C) "What about... (insert port/area here)"
SigFlags!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2023, 02:35:58 am »

Sounds like Capus -> St Alonso -> Sebastias is our best bet. Unless any other fragments of our psyche want to ask questions, I think we have a heading.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2023, 02:39:41 am »

Then let us go to B Capus.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20