Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: SPAMTRADER OF LUSITANIA: Captain Scott Finley!  (Read 9926 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMTRADER OF LUSITANIA: Captain Scott Finley!
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2023, 09:01:17 am »

Alright. We need 125 Coffers of Blackspice, which will cost us 98,750 Ducats. If we get 130 Coffers to cover any accidents, we'll need 103,700 Ducats.

We have 33,868 Ducats, and after selling that silver, we'll be at 109,868 Ducats. There's no point bringing the Strongsugar home with us, so that gives us another 15,600 Ducats. Selling that and buying 130 Coffers of Blackspice leaves us at 21,768 Ducats, and 42/75 SL of cargo.

We can't afford to fill our ship unless the Market is willing to buy more Silver from us, so it boils down to whatever we think will give us the best mark up.

For now:

A - Complete that trade deal for 8 Barrels of Silver, Sell all 30 barrels of Strongsugar and buy 120 Coffers of Blackspice

zemaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2023, 11:31:45 am »

That was supposed to be quite a score on the Silver, so I don't think selling any more than the 8 to fill the order is in any way a better call.  May as well load up on Crimsonpeel after getting enough Blackspice to fill the commission and have some extra, it is also a bit better priced here than elsewhere, since I was obviously hallucinating about excellent Puffcloth prices... Also, we need to have enough to pay our sailors when we get into port, so at least 5,000 Ducats for that.  With all that in mind, I say:

A - Complete that trade deal for 8 Barrels of Silver, Sell all 30 barrels of Strongsugar and buy 130 Coffers of Blackspice, and 30 Coffers of Crimsonpeel

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2023, 11:39:41 am »

Haspen made it pretty clear that we're working on relatively realistic sailing conditions and we're not going to be able to just turn the wheel toward Europe from just anywhere. The homeward trip is going to take us through Totally Not Bermuda and the Azores to get the right winds, one way or another.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2023, 02:25:35 pm »

A - Complete that trade deal for 8 Barrels of Silver, Sell all 30 barrels of Strongsugar and buy 120 Coffers of Blackspice
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 06, 2023, 05:07:09 am »

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 06, 2023, 01:52:09 pm »

"We shall deliver those 8 Barrels of Silver, sell our 30 Barrels of Strongsugar and then buy 120 Coffers of Blackspice."

"Plus seventy six thousand Ducats, and another fifteen thousand six hundred, then minus ninety four thousand eight hundred Ducats..." The Purser expediently writes this all down and updates his accounts.

"We are five coffers short of the Charter quota, Captain. What now?"

A) "We leave for another port!"
B) "Let's trade... (insert trade good here)"
C) Consult the Ledger.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2023, 01:53:57 pm »

I think it's very likely that the "120" was a typo, so let's just Buy the ten more I assume you guys wanted.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2023, 01:57:02 pm »

I think it's very likely that the "120" was a typo, so let's just Buy the ten more I assume you guys wanted.

+1, Buy 10 more Blackspice coffers

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2023, 02:16:05 pm »

Yes it indeed was. Yay for the Purser noticing!

Buy 10 more Blackspice.

Unless I've misunderstood, we have 41 days left of our charter (assuming 30 days per month, we have 16 left of Midwinter, and then 25 days of Late Winter). That will require 11,152 ducats for wages.

We should have 21,768 ducats after buying that Blackspice, so we can't spend more than 10,616 ducats without risking a shortfall of wages. Unless we think we can get home in less than 41 days. Might be worth talking to the Navigator about that actually, see if we can release some extra cash with an efficient return route.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 06, 2023, 02:30:50 pm »

"Buy 10 more Blackspice coffers, I'm glad First Mate noticed."

"Alright. Another seven thousand nine hundred Ducats..."

A) "And now we're done!"
B) "Wait, let's trade some... (insert trade good here)"
C) Consult the Ledger.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 06, 2023, 02:45:39 pm »

D - Let's find the Navigator, and plot a course back to Lusia. This will tell us how many ducats we need to reserve for wages, and thus how much more we can spend to procure goods for the Old World

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 07, 2023, 04:24:09 am »

D - Let's find the Navigator, and plot a course back to Lusia. This will tell us how many ducats we need to reserve for wages, and thus how much more we can spend to procure goods for the Old World
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 07, 2023, 01:15:31 pm »

"And now we're done, let's go back to ship as I wish to talk with the Navigator to plot a course home!" The Purser and the First Mate look at each other, then back at you.

"Aye, sir."

Few minutes later you're back on the ship, as the First Mate starts barking orders to sailors to start fetching cargo out and into the ship.

"Alberto! Alberto de Sota!" The Purser calls, and there's few seconds of silence before the Navigator ascends from the gun deck onto the top deck, a piece of bread in his hand.

"Yes, what is happening?"

"I need to talk with you and plot a course back to Lusia."

"Already?" The Navigator puts the bread in his mouth and brushes his hands clean against his trousers. He follows you and the Purser to your cabin, and spreads the map of Karibs on your desk:

The Navigator chews and swallows his bread until he has mouth clear enough to talk.

"So, Captain, we could head straight for Saint Maria colony, we would have northernly winds at our back and we could get there in 6 days."

"Alright."

"Then, we sail the cape and again north and northeast, to Westeros. That's seven days at the least. And another seven from Westeros to Azuria. Then, about five to Lusia. All the time with winds blowing at our back."

"Twenty-five days and we would reach home on 9th Late Winter." The Purser says, smacking his lips. "Maybe give or take a day just to be on the safe side."

"Uh-huh. What if we skip Westeros and sail straight to Azuria, keeping winds at our back if possible?"

"We could save a day, or two, maybe even three with good winds. But the thing is, the waters southeast of Westeros and northeast of Ursinio are very disturbed this time of year. The sea is deep and the currents strong, a freak wave can dwarf and trash the ship if we're unlucky."

A) "Thank you, our next port shall be... (insert port name here)!"
B) "Wait, what about... (insert topic here)?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 01:19:20 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2023, 01:18:34 pm »

Given that we have until the 25th of Late Winter, I strongly recommend we try to make more profit during that time.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2023, 02:00:58 pm »

Okay, if we estimate 30 days for bad luck and trade stops, for 132 sailors that's 7,920 ducats. Which means we have 13848 ducats available to spend.

We could buy 43 Coffers of Spicebark for 6,880 ducats, and 12 Coffers of Crimsonpeel for 6,840, leaving us at 128 Ducats. Exactly two away from buying a second sack of sugar, if we're so inclined.

Of course, an alternative plan may be needed if we think we can make some speculative trades here in the Karibs first.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20