Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 16787 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 2
« Reply #525 on: August 20, 2023, 06:31:21 pm »

Elephant Parade
I had meant to make that red.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 20, 2023, 06:33:52 pm »

what

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 20, 2023, 06:35:34 pm »

I think Elephant was talking to me, Tric. I am also TM.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 20, 2023, 06:36:41 pm »

Forgot to do this: Shorten
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 20, 2023, 06:40:59 pm »

Toony please shorten. I have even dumber gambits up my sleeve if you don't

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 20, 2023, 06:42:09 pm »

That assumes you're alive after this.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 20, 2023, 06:59:45 pm »

Is it okay to doodle a little comic about Snowkiller revealing they're scum?
she/her

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 20, 2023, 07:01:52 pm »

Probably, just don’t be horrible about it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 20, 2023, 08:22:15 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Elephant Parade: 1: TricMagic
Snowkiller: 6: Caz, Crystalizedmire, Hector13, Snowkiller, sofanthiel, ToonyMan
TricMagic: 1: Elephant Parade

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday. There are 5 votes to Shorten. 6 votes total needed to Shorten the day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 20, 2023, 08:53:40 pm »

Toony please shorten. I have even dumber gambits up my sleeve if you don't
Fine. Shorten.

Is it okay to doodle a little comic about Snowkiller revealing they're scum?
I'm looking forward to this. I was actually thinking of possible ideas myself with Elephant hovering over Snowkiller.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 20, 2023, 09:30:38 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Elephant Parade: 1: TricMagic
Snowkiller: 6: Caz, Crystalizedmire, Hector13, Snowkiller, sofanthiel, ToonyMan
TricMagic: 1: Elephant Parade

The Hierophant looks up at the sun still high in the sky. "Well, if you are certain, then we shall not delay."

"Snowkiller, it is the will of the assembled and," he pauses, looking a bit confused at the tally sheet, "you yourself, that you be executed as a danger to the people."

He raises his hand and the light beams down from the heavens once again. Snowkiller does not scream in pain, instead a look of peace comes over their face. A glowing figure stands behind them, and places a hand upon the condemned. The light turns from orange to white, and suddenly flares too bright to look at.

When you can see again Snowkiller is gone. Interestingly, so is Elephant Parade.

The Hierophant look around at all of you, a sad look upon his face.

"It seems you were wrong, and our good Sexton was just that. Indeed, it seems they were so special that the Ancestors sent a Guardian Angel to watch over them."

He pauses.

"Both are gone now, and the evil is undiminished. Go home, ponder what has happened. I hope to see you all here tomorrow, and that the Ancestor shall guide you with wisdom."

You return to your homes. What else is there to do?

Day 2 is ended! PM me your Night Actions.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Night 2
« Reply #536 on: August 22, 2023, 08:59:26 pm »

Gathering again before the altar, you all mill about and wait for a bit.

Eventually, however, it becomes obvious that neither Caz nor Toonyman are going to join you.

You decide to go check on them as a group. The Hierophant comes along as well. Perhaps to offer wisdom. Or perhaps just to see what you find.

Caz’s house is empty. No sign of trouble or violence here. You do find some old statues of the fey hidden about, though, and carvings up on the ceiling. Seems she was Feybound, and undoubtedly one of those who started this mess. But where is she?

You head over to Toonyman’s house, where things are quite different.

In the front yard lies the body of Caz, and that of a great brown bear.
  Did Toonyman get killed by the bear that killed Caz? You decide to search the house.

There, well, things get less obvious. There are the normal things you’d expect, like a bed and a sturdy table. But there are other things that make less sense. Like all of the claw marks on the floor. All over the floor. All of the floor, in fact. Like a bear lived here for a very long time.

“Ah.” says the Hierophant “I have heard of these. A werebear. It seems that the two struggled, and neither really managed to win.”

“Come. Let us return to the altar. Perhaps the Ancestors will have a message for us.”

You follow him back, and watch as he lights the incense for the day. It immediately flares and burns in an instant, leaving nothing but white ash and a sweet smell in the air.

The Hierophant turns, a beaming smile on his face. “My friends! It seems that our troubles have managed to solve one another for us! The Ancestors are pleased, and we are safe again!”

“Thank you, all, for your service in protecting our people. You have done well.”

And...that's a very sudden wrap to the game! I knew putting in a Werebear SK made that a possibility, but this ended up being almost as quick a game as possible.

Hopefully people at least had fun while it lasted! And I hope Caz and Toony enjoyed their double-kill fight scene. ;)

I'll put role PM and Night Action results into the next post.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory
« Reply #537 on: August 22, 2023, 09:03:27 pm »

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 22, 2023, 09:08:34 pm »

Come oooooooooon

I knew it was probably Caz during N2 (it could only be Hector or Tric otherwise, but Tric was definitely town), but I have no way to protect myself so I have to hope mafia don't kill me each night, which became progressively harder. I'm surprised they even went for Hector on N1.

Getting a mafia!Max lynched D1 was probably a bad thing since it made me a huge target, but I could only try to appear as town as possible so that when all the actual mafia died it would be easier to stay alive.

I was going to fakeclaim Lone Witch or Priest on D3 if the game was still going.

I knew I could at least end the game immediately of mafia tried to kill me, so I figured that was better than just letting myself die and have town figure it out.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 22, 2023, 09:09:58 pm »

But we thought ToonyMan was a werebear! We both picked up on your comment about mafia having to nightkill you.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37