Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 16868 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Night 1
« Reply #360 on: August 20, 2023, 01:20:08 pm »

On second thought, if we're lynching you today your info is actually really valuable. OK. I protected someone last night.
So does that mean that you're also guard or is there another role that allows people to protect others?
Forget what I just said, there is another townie role who could protect others!
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 20, 2023, 01:20:53 pm »

So hector said he knows a kill was attempted. Assuming he is telling the truth the only possibility I see would be that he's knight(and his lack of response to my question would mean that it is obvious). This means that snowkiller is scum(neither I nor sofanthiel could be scum because I was guarding sofanthiel's house). However, I doubt that since MS wanted to lynch snowkiller unless MS is third party. So we could probably learn more information by lynching hector even if he's not the most suspicious(TricMagic).

On second thought, if we're lynching you today your info is actually really valuable. OK. I protected someone last night.
So does that mean that you're also guard or is there another role that allows people to protect others?
You think Snowkiller is almost certainly scum but you'd rather lynch Hector and you think TricMagic is more suspicious? What?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 20, 2023, 01:22:02 pm »

Seeing MS's lack of interaction with CM in a different light now but I'll have to make sure I'm not misremembering

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 20, 2023, 01:24:43 pm »

Was expecting that social bit to go for another few hours.
I'm pretty sure it's Tric, Hector, or both. Could also be ToonyMan but I find that less likely.

Likely scum:
  • TricMagic: Completely bonkers even compared to his usual self. His only engagement with the game was to tag-team me, MS's foremost critic, with MS; now that MS is confirmed scum, that looks really bad. MS and ToonyMan, who are familiar with him, say that this is his town self, but MS is scum and ToonyMan could be too (or just misreading him). I think that MS was coaching him to fake his town meta.
  • Hector: Posted weirdly in the back half of the day. Strange interactions with MS + shared coaching/newbie focus; kind of felt like a good cop/bad cop routine. Gets no points for voting MS because ToonyMan had already promised to do it.

Probably not scum:
  • Sofanthiel: Very strange play but not unthinkable for a newbie; fewer red flags than Hector and Tric for me. Case against Hector was extremely good relative to earlier play—I think it's their own work, but if they're scum, they could've been fed it by MS. MS had to be pushed REALLY hard to vote them over Snowkiller but there are other explanations for that (wanting a lower-information lynch, not wanting to engage with someone who was actually posting). If Hector flips town, Sofanthiel looks pretty bad.
  • ToonyMan: Quiet early D1. Gets only a tenth of a point for pledging to vote MS because Hector did it before they could. Vouched for both Tric and MS's play following their metas. Was extremely noncommittal about MS, pledging only to vote them D2, which is an eternity away (especially if MS's critics disappear in the meantime). Did not push to lynch a noob, unlike MS, which is a good sign if I'm right that the mafia is all vets. If Tric flips scum, the game doesn't end, and Hector flips town, Toony looks pretty bad.
  • Crystallizedmire: Nearly unthinkable to me outside of a MS/Hector/CM scumteam. I could see a town!Hector correctly reading a town!CM or a scum!Hector pocketing a town!CM, but I can't see a town!Hector seeing scum!CM's late-D1 posts and going 'oh yeah they gotta be town'. Their early posts are REALLY weird if they have partners but anything's possible.
  • Snowkiller: I don't know why MS would've pushed their lynch so hard if they were scum. They've given us frustratingly little to work with but that's life.
  • Caz: Revived MS's wagon at a time when nobody, not even me, was actively pushing it, which would be a completely bonkers move for scum. I don't see them being scum even on a three-person team.

I want to lynch TricMagic or Hector today. Failing that, I could see lynching sofanthiel or ToonyMan, but I think that would be a bad play. Lynching anyone else would be a mistake.

I started typing this as soon as Meph's post went up and I'm still digesting everything that's come since. I'm wary of accepting whatever info hector and CM are pushing since MS/Hector/CM is a plausible scumteam. I'm leaning slightly more toward lynching Hector now given the Snowkiller push and CM team-up; I'm not sure he's scummier than Tric, but he'd give us more information.
I can make an immediate rebuttal to your reasoning. And that's that I could have just piled on the wagon to save Max. Your reasoning is still flawed.

As for Hector being scum, try again? If Hector is Scum, your parade is flying red colors this year. From the end of day vote we can rule out yourself, Caz, Hector, and probobly Toony. As annoying as they were at day end. Or wifom to make it to the end.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 20, 2023, 01:25:34 pm »

So hector said he knows a kill was attempted. Assuming he is telling the truth the only possibility I see would be that he's knight(and his lack of response to my question would mean that it is obvious). This means that snowkiller is scum(neither I nor sofanthiel could be scum because I was guarding sofanthiel's house). However, I doubt that since MS wanted to lynch snowkiller unless MS is third party. So we could probably learn more information by lynching hector even if he's not the most suspicious(TricMagic).

Oh nvm, you meant that Snowkiller is scum IF Hector is telling the truth. My bad for misreading; I need to slow down a bit.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 20, 2023, 01:26:36 pm »

... Yeah, reading that post again, what the ell Elpehant? Hector's vote was on Max for near the entire day. (If I remember correctly.)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 20, 2023, 01:27:56 pm »

I can make an immediate rebuttal to your reasoning. And that's that I could have just piled on the wagon to save Max. Your reasoning is still flawed.

As for Hector being scum, try again? If Hector is Scum, your parade is flying red colors this year. From the end of day vote we can rule out yourself, Caz, Hector, and probobly Toony. As annoying as they were at day end. Or wifom to make it to the end.
Yes but then it'd have been even more obvious that the two of you were a team. And I don't see how voting for MaximumSpin over HIS OWN SELF exonerates Hector when (1) he'd already committed to avoiding ties and (2) a scum!Hector would've flipped scum and thereby made MaximumSpin's alignment obvious. Voting MaximumSpin was the right move there for scum!Hector.

... Yeah, reading that post again, what the ell Elpehant? Hector's vote was on Max for near the entire day. (If I remember correctly.)
I'm 90% sure it wasn't but I will check.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 20, 2023, 01:28:23 pm »

I’m 100% sure my vote was on Max only at day end, for like 15 minutes tops.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 20, 2023, 01:30:15 pm »

Ignore that then..

Also, if it actually is Snowkiller this will be a short game.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 20, 2023, 01:32:20 pm »

You think Snowkiller is almost certainly scum but you'd rather lynch Hector and you think TricMagic is more suspicious? What?
Looking back on it now, lynching hector is probably a bad decision. However, my main reason for voting out hector is to see whether or not he is telling the truth about being knight. This would confirm that there was an attack on night 1. Also, I just realized that lynching hector can't actually confirm or deny snowkiller being scum(since it is just as likely that 2 veterans are scum). So let's vote TricMagic since sacrificing 1 probably townie life for the sake of information is probably a bad idea.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 20, 2023, 01:40:07 pm »

Ignore that then..

Also, if it actually is Snowkiller this will be a short game.
But why would MaximumSpin have pushed Snowkiller so hard over sofanthiel if Snowkiller was scum? Wouldn't he have just taken the easy mislynch? And even if we're looking at MS/Snowkiller/sofanthiel, a team I find really unlikely, why would he have wanted to light a fire under his own partner?

Looking back on it now, lynching hector is probably a bad decision. However, my main reason for voting out hector is to see whether or not he is telling the truth about being knight. This would confirm that there was an attack on night 1. Also, I just realized that lynching hector can't actually confirm or deny snowkiller being scum(since it is just as likely that 2 veterans are scum). So let's vote TricMagic since sacrificing 1 probably townie life for the sake of information is probably a bad idea.
You seem a little desperate to back away from Hector here. TricMagic could obviously also be a townie and will provide less information if lynched; how would lynching him be advantageous?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 20, 2023, 01:43:20 pm »

Will be a bit busy today.

Max being mafia is just... Why. Well, hope I come back to plenty of pages to inspect. Or.......... dont. Just randomly vote and somehow hit mafia ay 1.
Max being voted out wasn't exactly "random". It was a passionate decision.

Well CM is suddenly Columbo so whatever.

Yeah, knight, kill immune, I was targeted. Killer knows this, unless something else influenced their action, for example, a redirect. Could’ve got some extra use out of that but eff you guys.
Hmm, that's two protectors and a knight. That's a lot of protection.

This makes sense from your perspective: You think it's probably not Sofanthiel or Crystal because Crystal claims guarding Sofan, unless Sofan can't confirm being roleblocked. Which is why you want Snowkiller.

I think Tric makes more sense than Snowkiller here, unless you doubt Crystal's guard claim.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 20, 2023, 01:47:52 pm »

I’ve got no reason to doubt CM’s claim right now. He was among my town reads D1, and Max’s flip makes me suspect sofanthiel less.

We have room for error here though, part of the reason I was interested in claiming. We have a guard claim so we can just eliminate one and block the other if we want to be boring and solve the game mechanically.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 20, 2023, 01:52:13 pm »

If you want to lynch me, go ahead. My lynch doesn't really lose town anything given my power only works on dead people.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 20, 2023, 01:55:42 pm »

Why does Tric make more sense than Snowkiller to you Toony?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37