Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 16916 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancestor's Blessings
« Reply #285 on: August 18, 2023, 03:23:57 pm »

Saying we ignored your questions and made excuses is untruthful; we refused to say a name because we wanted a no-lynch.  I've outlined my reasons for that passive play-style and why I subsequently changed it here:

Please do not use red coloring on anything that is not an actual vote/unvote. I skim the thread looking for red, and this sort of thing makes it harder for me to do an accurate vote tally.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 18, 2023, 03:26:41 pm »

Hey, Elephant. Who was it that actually responded to my little bait? Being on the sidelines watching and commenting is not conductive to hunting. I'm aware I'm doing it, but this is called throwing shade.
I'm sorry but I once again barely understand what you're talking about. I've made my cases against MS and sofanthiel and I don't presently have anything to add to them, and I'm coaching Snowkiller because I think their lynch would kill town and provide very little information.

I'm glad Caz is seeing what I'm seeing. If nothing else, this essentially disproves the MaximumSpin/Caz scumteam I've been contemplating on and off, and it moves Caz from a neutral read to a modest townread for me.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 18, 2023, 03:29:46 pm »

Maybe you don't feel the same. I understand that. You probably wouldn't INTEND to seem that way. But why haven't you actually done anything?
I am still bemused as to why they can’t tell us who their top town and scum picks are, however poorly justified. With their own justifications for it.

Alright.  My best guess is that it's hector and Crystal.  The only difference between all the newbies is that Crystal jumps on bandwagons, yet hector treats them as if they are being extremely productive.  It would make sense for hector to try and lynch the other beginners while also "helping" one of them, as he himself pointed out here.  I do agree that a lot of Crystal's posts are just filler, and both of them switch their positions a lot without much in the way of reason.  Hector is yet to actually explain why he thought Toony (whom Crystal also voted for) and MS were likely to be mafia with me, besides them just being skilled players.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 18, 2023, 03:32:15 pm »

Please do not use red coloring on anything that is not an actual vote/unvote. I skim the thread looking for red, and this sort of thing makes it harder for me to do an accurate vote tally.

Sorry about that; it won't happen again!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 18, 2023, 03:35:36 pm »

Maybe you don't feel the same. I understand that. You probably wouldn't INTEND to seem that way. But why haven't you actually done anything?
I am still bemused as to why they can’t tell us who their top town and scum picks are, however poorly justified. With their own justifications for it.
Alright.  My best guess is that it's hector and Crystal.  The only difference between all the newbies is that Crystal jumps on bandwagons, yet hector treats them as if they are being extremely productive.  It would make sense for hector to try and lynch the other beginners while also "helping" one of them, as he himself pointed out here.  I do agree that a lot of Crystal's posts are just filler, and both of them switch their positions a lot without much in the way of reason.  Hector is yet to actually explain why he thought Toony (whom Crystal also voted for) and MS were likely to be mafia with me, besides them just being skilled players.
I find this extremely convincing but the lack of examples (of Crystal bandwagoning and both of them swapping positions arbitrarily) has me a bit hesitant—I remember some but I could be hyperbolizing them in my head. Could you provide some?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 18, 2023, 03:38:01 pm »

Gotta go; leaving vote on MS

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2023, 03:38:40 pm »

My word a fucking case emerges why could you not put this much effort into the last 60-odd hours ffs?

What posts of CM’s are filler? Specifically compared and contrasted with your posts and Snowkiller’s posts, please.

Also that linked post doesn’t say what you say it does:

What are your ideas for the day? Other than answering the same questions multiple times…

‘Cause another thing scum do with newbies is offer advice. It makes them look active and helpful, while actually being neither. You, me, Max, and EP have all jumped on Snowkiller for guidance. Would you say there’s scum in that grouping?

I said scum can look active and productive helping newbies, not that killing some while helping another is a strategy. Caz mentioned going after newbies was a scumtell at some point I can’t be bothered finding.

Toony’s been defending you all day, despite my very clear concerns with your play. MS is the least townie of the experienced players…. but Max is always pinging my scumdar.

Equally so, if CM and I are a team, we have a private chat to improve his play, though that’s WIFOM.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 18, 2023, 03:42:02 pm »

Pfp

I'm out tonight so I can't do better than phone posting until day end.

I'm willing to vote Hector the most.

I'm willing to vote Max, Snowkiller, or Crystal in no particular order.

I'm probably not willing to vote Elephant or Caz.

I'm not willing to vote Sofenthiel or Tric.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 18, 2023, 03:58:19 pm »

I find this extremely convincing but the lack of examples (of Crystal bandwagoning and both of them swapping positions arbitrarily) has me a bit hesitant—I remember some but I could be hyperbolizing them in my head. Could you provide some?

Sure thing!  Not all of these are equally not-so-useful, and some of them I just struggle to understand, but here ya go:

I have literally no idea what the relation between Elephant Parade and scum is so I'm voting hector13
This is funny, but that's mainly because I thought that we were the ones asking the questions
Fun fact: 90% of statistics is made up on the spot
If it is possible I would like to vote in favour of skipping lynching
You're right, let's vote hector13.
Honestly, it's probably because of my first impression of you. You start the game by voting against Elephant Parade before anybody has posted so naturally you're a bit suspicious.
I don't think I trust anyone all that much.
Do you find him more or less suspicious than you did at the time of his first post? Why?
I do find hector less suspicious than starting out since I'm starting to think this is what he does every game(I haven't seen nor read any mafia games he's played in so far) but I still find him quite suspicious.
I'm changing my vote of hector to hector. Probably not a smart decision but he seems a lot less suspicious.
What I meant to say was that you're a lot less suspicious now than before and I'm changing my vote blue because of that. I didn't mean to imply I find someone else more suspicious.
Scums are thought to be more inflammatory because they have more to lose than townies since they have lower numbers.
I absolutely do not trust you at all TricMagic
Wait, is this usual behaviour from TricMagic or is he trying to get killed on purpose?
Have you noticed the fact that most if not all the people nolynching are newbies?
Toony seems to think that I'm somehow more suspicious than any of the other newbies for some reason. So if Toony isn't scum then they're probably trying to act suspiciously on purpose which I doubt. While Tricmagic is still suspicious, I'm starting to think they're more annoying than anything else, and has since claimed they were acting suspicious on purpose.
Yes, mainly because of that and I'm also getting the feeling he's playing favourites and unfavourites with me and the other newbies. However, I still find TricMagic and hector13 suspicious(TricMagic is more suspicious than hector13).
I honestly think that sofanthiel is just a newbie not avoiding questions cause they're scum.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 18, 2023, 04:01:53 pm »

Sofanthiel is voted by hector and maximum
Toonyman is voted by Tric and I
Maximum spin is voted by Elephant and Caz
Hector13 is voted by sofathiel and Toony
If my chart is correct then if the day ends now there would be a four-way tie and I'm considering changing my votes.
she/her

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 18, 2023, 04:08:39 pm »

@Sofanthiel:
Reading those posts you quoted doesn't look like Crystal is with Hector to me.

@Crystal:
Sofanthiel is voted by hector and maximum
Toonyman is voted by Tric and I
Maximum spin is voted by Elephant and Caz
Hector13 is voted by sofathiel and Toony
If my chart is correct then if the day ends now there would be a four-way tie and I'm considering changing my votes.
I can switch to Max if a tie looks likely. I think I'm okay trusting Elephant and Caz's judgment here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 18, 2023, 04:09:51 pm »

Oh, I’m also not treating CM as if they’re being extremely productive. To be honest their arguments suck (sorry CM). They’ve been willing to make an effort, which is a damn sight more than you and Snowkiller have done, even without being promoted to after our little coaching session.

You have done nothing but complain about statistics and no lynches, and coincidentally choose - four hours prior to day end! - to make a case against someone who has been on at you all day, and coincidentally the only player you’re likely to be able to get eliminated ahead of you? Come on guy.

PPE: CM can’t simultaneously be posting fuller and engaging with the game.

Here are Snowkiller’s posts, please tell me how that is better than what CM has been doing. This should be easy as you have all Snowkiller’s posts below and the issues you have with CM from your own post:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PPE2: Toony and Snowkiller will be voting me soon, possibly followed by EP and maybe even Caz. The tie won’t last to day end brah.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 18, 2023, 04:15:53 pm »

@Sofanthiel:
Reading those posts you quoted doesn't look like Crystal is with Hector to me.

Yes, Crystal did vote and unvote hector quite a few times, but it's mainly hector's posts (and lack of acknowledgement of being accused) that made me believe they may be teammates in some capacity.  Those examples are more of a display of filler that EP asked me to present (no offense, CM!).

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 18, 2023, 04:16:19 pm »

Matter of fact, going back in memory, I recall someone saying that, should the D1 lynch miss me, I'll be their immediate D2 lynch suggestion. So then, should my conduct from here on out not be one of learning more about the game and its quirks, rather than "contributing" or whatever hector13/Maximum Spin were babbling about? After all, why go out to the W if I know I won't last until D5?

VOTE: hector13
REASON: I had originally voted for Maximum Spin, but after seeing hector13's latest post, his whole deal doesn't add up. My posts are, apparently, "filler." I don't see what's filler about owning up to a mistake I made. I just wanted an integrity check, as cheating defeats the whole point of this game genre and flexing one's noggin. Sure, I've had some banter posts, but then, quoting my previous two about voting for him in response to his jab about being "less polite" or whatever . . . makes no sense. His whole collection of antics since the game began aren't adding up, and for that reason, he gets my vote. With suspicion towards Maximum Spin to follow D2.

On the bright side, I'm no longer voting no-lynch D1.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 18, 2023, 04:23:52 pm »

Ah balls EP said they would be unavailable possibly beyond day end, they looked to be changing their mind to me.

Ah well. If the votes are tied between me and someone else at day end, I’ll hammer/cast the deciding vote on meself, just in case EP doesn’t get back in time.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37