Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 17029 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancestor's Blessings
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2023, 11:30:11 am »

ToonyMan is my strongest townread right now. I've read the arguments against him and I still don't know what other people are seeing in him that I'm not.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 18, 2023, 11:31:23 am »

I think Caz is right in her assessment.

Toony suggesting sofanthiel has been heavily engaged with the game makes… very little sense to me, so I’m alright leaving my vote there for the time being.
I have no idea why you think this unless it's not your genuine feelings.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 18, 2023, 11:36:42 am »

If you agreed anywhere, it was in the comfort of your skull; you didn't say anything about my assessment before your vote.

It's just so nice in here!  I'd invite you over, but it is already super cramped :P
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 18, 2023, 11:40:48 am »

ToonyMan is my strongest townread right now. I've read the arguments against him and I still don't know what other people are seeing in him that I'm not.
I think Caz is probably genuinely paranoid of me.

I'm more suspicious of players (Crystal, Hector) that nod their head and go "yeah, makes sense to me".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 18, 2023, 11:46:40 am »

I don't want to take my vote off sofanthiel but the day's almost over for me and I need to grill MaximumSpin, who I find even more suspicious. MS, I don't like how you pivoted from joking to bantering to mentoring to lurker-prodding to nothing. I'll give you points for attacking me, but you haven't actually presented your case, just alluded to it a couple of times:
[EXAMPLES]
I think you crept away from your push on me because nobody else bit and you didn't want to be the star of the show. Care to change my mind?
This is pretty in line for Max, whether he's town or scum. I give him slight townpoints for seemingly feeling the same way I was feeling at the time, but that only actually reinforces my townread of Tric.

I think Max is an okay vote, but I have no good reason besides not trusting him and would rather vote someone I find more suspicious.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 18, 2023, 11:50:01 am »

I agree re: Caz; she's come across as genuine today. Hector's most recent post is bizarre unless he's low on time or conducting an extended reaction test. I don't follow Tric or CM's logic but that isn't new. Hector has gradually crept down from a strong townread to a neutral read and he'd be a scumread if not for (1) his tutor act actually working on CM and (2) multiple other players being scummier.

I don't want to take my vote off sofanthiel but the day's almost over for me and I need to grill MaximumSpin, who I find even more suspicious. MS, I don't like how you pivoted from joking to bantering to mentoring to lurker-prodding to nothing. I'll give you points for attacking me, but you haven't actually presented your case, just alluded to it a couple of times:
[EXAMPLES]
I think you crept away from your push on me because nobody else bit and you didn't want to be the star of the show. Care to change my mind?
This is pretty in line for Max, whether he's town or scum. I give him slight townpoints for seemingly feeling the same way I was feeling at the time, but that only actually reinforces my townread of Tric.

I think Max is an okay vote, but I have no good reason besides not trusting him and would rather vote someone I find more suspicious.
That's interesting to know.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 18, 2023, 11:53:55 am »

If so, we can probably team up and vote strategically because it doesn't currently look like Toony is making it through the lynching.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2023, 11:58:24 am »

@Hector:
Blah blah I don't care if I die if it makes sofanthiel get towncred. If I'm not around it should show they're most likely player acting of their own accord unless Caz makes up a new mastermind.

That’s my line. Plagiarist.

I think Caz is right in her assessment.

Toony suggesting sofanthiel has been heavily engaged with the game makes… very little sense to me, so I’m alright leaving my vote there for the time being.
I have no idea why you think this unless it's not your genuine feelings.
Which bit?

I’ve been thinking it’s a newbie tied with a more experienced player for a bit. I was worried it might be you, but now I’m not so sure. Then again I think you’re the best player in terms of looking town, so… benefit of the doubt I guess. The next experienced player in line is Max.

sofanthiel has made much more in the way of excuses than effort, despite multiple proddings to do so. If it’s not sofanthiel, it’s Snowkiller. To be perfectly honest I can’t really tell the difference between them a lot of the time. Crystallizedmire is engaging, and engaging in such a way that doesn’t look like they’re being coached.

PPE: I had just woken up and I’m lazy at the best of times.

Basically what I wanted to do last night was have Toony present what posts made then think sofanthiel is being heavily engaged in the game, because all I see are excuses not to participate. I voted Toony instead as he surprisingly had a wagon on him, as a (very, very) long shot to see if he slipped. More of a townslip, so I’ll return to regularly scheduled bullying newbies, unless someone can convince me someone else should be eliminated.

sofanthiel
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 18, 2023, 11:59:35 am »

I think Caz is probably genuinely paranoid of me.

I'm more suspicious of players (Crystal, Hector) that nod their head and go "yeah, makes sense to me".
Sofanthiel seems more like a player who would say "yeah, makes sense to me" than me(though I'm still someone who would go along with the more experienced) though I partially think it is because they're a newbie rather than any intentional malice. However, I don't see why you trust them so much yet incredibly suspicious of me. In fact your first post wasn't that much better than my first post. You were quicker to engage in discussion because you were more experienced not because I'm scum.
@Crystal:
You're going about this the wrong way. Voting alongside Tric is a bad idea, especially after having just been voting them. Do you think Tric is fine now?
I'm still very suspicious of them but as I said before, Tric seems more annoying than actually scum or some other antagonizing force. But I'm going to keep an eye on them for the following days and I have my own reasons, like how you're suspicious of me even though I know for a fact I'm not scum.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2023, 12:03:41 pm »

If so, we can probably team up and vote strategically because it doesn't currently look like Toony is making it through the lynching.
Why should I team up with my #2 scumread? How can you vote strategically when you think the outcome is fixed?

More pressingly, that's twice now you've missed or "missed" one of my questions, and this time was really egregious:
If you agreed anywhere, it was in the comfort of your skull; you didn't say anything about my assessment before your vote.

Are you saying you voted Caz solely because you found her the most suspicious player at that moment and for no other purpose?
You need to stop doing that.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2023, 12:07:18 pm »

An entire night, and nothing of value to poke at. Well, other than Toony not voting Elephant and suspecting Crystalized. (Despite my town read of them. Lot of talk against that, but still shades them from the light of a proper read position on them.)

Hector is right because from my perspective I have been more active than either Sofanthiel or Snowkiller. But Toony is right to doubt me though because of my earlier comments. What I don't get is why I'm more suspicious than Sofanthiel or Snowkiller. Toony also said that if they can get around to it, they would vote me, Caz, or  Max in that order. Toony seems to think that I'm somehow more suspicious than any of the other newbies for some reason. So if Toony isn't scum then they're probably trying to act suspiciously on purpose which I doubt.

So you’re voting Toony because he thinks you’re suspicious?

This is why I think Crystallizedmire is the least suspicious of the newer players. They started off not really engaging, and have actually made an effort since then.

Should I slide my vote over to Toony? Let’s see what happens.

Toony

This bandwagon turned up quick.

You summed it up pretty well in your original post, so the only things I can add are new developments.  I find it strange that Caz interpreted my voting for them as me somehow agreeing that it's Toony:

It was a reply to you saying I only said agreeable things.

OK, but those are new developments, i.e. developments that had not happened at the time of your original vote. Did you have anything to add then? If not, why did you use your vote to throw weight behind a post whose subject hadn't been online to reply to it?

The whole "baa i'll sacrifice myself if i have to" declaring crap over-annoys me, I think. Tbh between the three of them I'm not sure. I'm getting less sure about everything the longer the day goes. -.-

Unvote for now. Gonna grab dinner.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2023, 12:10:08 pm »

EBWOP: Thought I'd quoted the post that made sofanthiel's omission so egregious, but apparently not:

It's just so nice in here!  I'd invite you over, but it is already super cramped :P
You literally quoted the post that asked the question, sofanthiel. The question was the very next line. What are you doing?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2023, 12:11:15 pm »

I’ve been thinking it’s a newbie tied with a more experienced player for a bit. I was worried it might be you, but now I’m not so sure. Then again I think you’re the best player in terms of looking town, so… benefit of the doubt I guess. The next experienced player in line is Max.

So you're judging who my teammate is based solely on their skill level, regardless of how town they seem?  Isn't that a bit arbitrary? Who do you think it would be based on the actual interactions I've had and how I played?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2023, 12:13:33 pm »

Hector is right because from my perspective I have been more active than either Sofanthiel or Snowkiller. But Toony is right to doubt me though because of my earlier comments. What I don't get is why I'm more suspicious than Sofanthiel or Snowkiller. Toony also said that if they can get around to it, they would vote me, Caz, or  Max in that order. Toony seems to think that I'm somehow more suspicious than any of the other newbies for some reason. So if Toony isn't scum then they're probably trying to act suspiciously on purpose which I doubt.

So you’re voting Toony because he thinks you’re suspicious?
Yes, mainly because of that and I'm also getting the feeling he's playing favourites and unfavourites with me and the other newbies. However, I still find TricMagic and hector13 suspicious(TricMagic is more suspicious than hector13).
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2023, 12:19:24 pm »

Are you saying you voted Caz solely because you found her the most suspicious player at that moment and for no other purpose?

Precisely.

Why should I team up with my #2 scumread? How can you vote strategically when you think the outcome is fixed?

1. In that case, we have an overlapping goal.
2. If we organize, there's enough people to change the outcome.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37