Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 17062 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancestor's Blessings
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2023, 09:03:40 pm »

I want more from sofanthiel and Snowkiller. They’ve got a bit under 24 hours to pick someone to eliminate, I will not accept no lynch as an answer.

I'm sorry, hector.  I’m afraid I can’t do that.

It's been pot shots back and forth between veterans, with plenty of inside jokes and such to add that fuel.

It's nigh impossible to make a decision because the professionals' reasoning is on a different level than ours (or, at least, mine).  Most of the things they've pointed out are meta-behavioral observations combined with a pre-existing understanding of mafia game trends, which are sometimes contradictory!  See the example below:

Yeah and we can also find out who wants to throw newbies under the bus. Guess who does that?
‘Cause another thing scum do with newbies is offer advice. It makes them look active and helpful, while actually being neither.

In conclusion, the veterans may actually have it all figured out already, but the provided rationale isn't always a priori.  I'll just stick to relying on Max's mind-reading abilities for now!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2023, 09:06:36 pm »

That's interesting, since Hector is low on my suspect list (though their shift into BM IC Mode bumped them up a bit). Care to explain your reasoning? I assume the answer is no or you already would have, but I'm asking anyway.
I don't have any strong reasoning, unless Max has a better one.
I'm not sure how you got from "one of these two people is mafia" to "I don't have any strong reasoning" in the span of two posts, but OK. Give me your weak reasoning.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2023, 09:07:21 pm »

Unvote

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2023, 09:12:05 pm »

To answer your question: no. I could maybe go for Maximum Spin, since he seems to be memeing (thus off-tracking the game, which would result in more town hold-ups, and longer mafia lifespan). That's not enough to sentence anyone, of course, but I do believe I have my first suspicious gaze to cast at another player. Well done, Mr. Spin. Well done.
I'm surprised Max is memeing to be honest.

That's interesting, since Hector is low on my suspect list (though their shift into BM IC Mode bumped them up a bit). Care to explain your reasoning? I assume the answer is no or you already would have, but I'm asking anyway.
I don't have any strong reasoning, unless Max has a better one.
I'm not sure how you got from "one of these two people is mafia" to "I don't have any strong reasoning" in the span of two posts, but OK. Give me your weak reasoning.
I think suspecting Tric is incorrect.

I think Hector suspecting sofanthiel is incorrect.

They could be (possibly) wrong on purpose because they're mafia.

I find it interesting that neither you or Hector suspect each other that much.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2023, 09:15:34 pm »

So because we both have an incorrect read and don't scumread each other, the set of [Elephant Parade, Hector] must include exactly one mafioso? I don't follow. Or was that just a spicy way of saying we were your top two scumreads?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2023, 09:20:49 pm »

I'll vote Hector here since Tric townreading Crystal's vote on them and voting Elephant makes me less inclined to vote Elephant. I don't really want to vote a player Tric is voting for...various reasons.

PPE:
So because we both have an incorrect read and don't scumread each other, the set of [Elephant Parade, Hector] must include exactly one mafioso? I don't follow. Or was that just a spicy way of saying we were your top two scumreads?
Yes it was a spicy way to say my top two scumreads.

Neither of you suspecting the other that much makes me less confident though since that possibly means you're both town or both mafia, and I don't really think you're both mafia.

I'm not convinced on voting sofanthiel or Tric here.

I would be willing to vote Crystal, Caz, or Max though if I can come around on it, in that order.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2023, 09:24:38 pm »

My vote is on sofanthiel/Snowkiller because they are stubbornly refusing to participate, though I accept they’re new and are uncertain. I don’t necessarily suspect them, but I want them to push people, even if it’s ineffectually.

Coincidentally, that’s why I moved away from Crystallizedmire.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2023, 09:25:13 pm »

To answer your question: no. I could maybe go for Maximum Spin, since he seems to be memeing (thus off-tracking the game, which would result in more town hold-ups, and longer mafia lifespan). That's not enough to sentence anyone, of course, but I do believe I have my first suspicious gaze to cast at another player. Well done, Mr. Spin. Well done.
VOTE
OR
RECEIVE
HAT
(the hat kills you)

It's nigh impossible to make a decision because the professionals' reasoning is on a different level than ours (or, at least, mine).  Most of the things they've pointed out are meta-behavioral observations combined with a pre-existing understanding of mafia game trends, which are sometimes contradictory!  See the example below:

Yeah and we can also find out who wants to throw newbies under the bus. Guess who does that?
‘Cause another thing scum do with newbies is offer advice. It makes them look active and helpful, while actually being neither.

In conclusion, the veterans may actually have it all figured out already, but the provided rationale isn't always a priori.  I'll just stick to relying on Max's mind-reading abilities for now!
Honestly, both of those claims are dumb. Mafia do what they want, which can be anything at any time from day to day. My mind-reading abilities, on the other hand, will never steer you wrong.
So you should follow me and vote.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2023, 09:28:29 pm »

My vote is on sofanthiel/Snowkiller because they are stubbornly refusing to participate, though I accept they’re new and are uncertain. I don’t necessarily suspect them, but I want them to push people, even if it’s ineffectually.

Like… I’ve asked the same question four or five different times and they keep making excuses and talking about statistics and various things like that.

Would you want either (or both!) of them at M/LYLO, Toony?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2023, 09:34:38 pm »

I'm surprised Max is memeing to be honest.
I wasn't really trying to meme, anyway. I just wanted to signal "shut up, stop rambling about the detailed history of the toilet and its itemized cleaning regimen, and flush it already".
I forget that not everyone has the awe-inspiring planetbrain to understand what I'm getting at at all times.

Like… I’ve asked the same question four or five different times and they keep making excuses and talking about statistics and various things like that.

Would you want either (or both!) of them at M/LYLO, Toony?
This is why I have more faith in hector than in Mammoth Motorcade, by the way. If you were wondering.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2023, 10:06:04 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Caz: 1: Elephant Parade
Elephant Parade: 1: TricMagic
Hector13: 1: ToonyMan
Snowkiller: 1: Maximum Spin
sofanthiel: 1: Hector13
ToonyMan: 1: Caz
TricMagic: 1: Crystalizedmire

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2023, 10:07:08 pm »

shut up, stop rambling about the detailed history of the toilet and its itemized cleaning regimen, and flush it already

But it's so... infatuating...

I think the real reason we don't want to vote is because it seems 2 sides are starting to form, and neither Snow nor I wish to be responsible for taking the wrong one and having to bear the consequences 'til death.  Either way, everyone is beginning to grow frustrated with our deliberation, so, after some thought, I think I'll go with Caz (no hard feelings!).

My reasoning is that I found the following argument compelling:

Caz, you've spent practically all of your time calling out obviously bad posts for being obviously bad, which is a niche scum can fill as easily as town. What's something running through your head that I, or anyone, might actually disagree with?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2023, 10:14:28 pm »

I think the real reason we don't want to vote is because it seems 2 sides are starting to form,
Every voting player was voting for someone different. You're now the only one who has firmly taken someone else's side!

But whatever, it's good enough for now.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2023, 10:26:20 pm »

Every voting player was voting for someone different. You're now the only one who has firmly taken someone else's side!

Now that I look at it, you're right, but wasn't there a hector & EP vs. sofanthiel & Snow dynamic being established?  At least that's the impression I got from the last few pages.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2023, 10:32:37 pm »

My reasoning is that I found the following argument compelling:

Caz, you've spent practically all of your time calling out obviously bad posts for being obviously bad, which is a niche scum can fill as easily as town. What's something running through your head that I, or anyone, might actually disagree with?
Well, do you have anything to add to it?

As it happens, Caz is still my #1 suspect—she posted a lot but never sought sustained engagement with one person or issue, nor did her sniping-type attacks demand it from others; I find that more suspicious than mere lurking. Unfortunately, she hasn't been online since I made that post, so I don't have much to go off of.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37