Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 17072 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancestor's Blessings
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2023, 05:40:32 pm »

Also Max, who will you be voting for once you’ve heard from Tric? Is Tric’s response going to have enough of an impact that you’re going to change your mind?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2023, 05:42:35 pm »

If I’m not the most suspicious person, who is?
What I meant to say was that you're a lot less suspicious now than before and I'm changing my vote blue because of that. I didn't mean to imply I find someone else more suspicious.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2023, 05:47:06 pm »

I do find hector less suspicious than starting out since I'm starting to think this is what he does every game(I haven't seen nor read any mafia games he's played in so far) but I still find him quite suspicious.
I'm changing my vote of hector to hector. Probably not a smart decision but he seems a lot less suspicious.
Voting in the first post is what nearly everyone does every game, including this one. You said you've read some other games on this forum, right?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2023, 05:49:17 pm »

EBWOP: Thought Crystalizedmire had answered MS's have-you-done-your-research question in the affirmative, but unless I missed something, they didn't answer it at all. So no, they didn't say that.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2023, 05:53:05 pm »

I do find hector less suspicious than starting out since I'm starting to think this is what he does every game(I haven't seen nor read any mafia games he's played in so far) but I still find him quite suspicious.
I'm changing my vote of hector to hector. Probably not a smart decision but he seems a lot less suspicious.
Voting in the first post is what nearly everyone does every game, including this one. You said you've read some other games on this forum, right?
I said I have played a mafia variant outside of this forum but I barely remember what happens in them. I'm still suspicious of hector though.
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2023, 05:55:00 pm »

I get that, and my bad for misremembering what you'd said, but my question stands: have you read any past Bay12 Mafia games?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2023, 06:00:21 pm »

I get that, and my bad for misremembering what you'd said, but my question stands: have you read any past Bay12 Mafia games?
Nope!
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancstor's Blessings
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2023, 06:03:35 pm »

Yeah, although, with my limited understanding of the terminology and the way stuff actually works, I don't know how much that helped.  Frankly, as the core of this game is reasoning, I don't know how much that could help.
I didn't say it would help, I said it might save your life, because you can flatter the more experienced players by talking up their past exploits so they don't want to kill you. :P

No, in all seriousness, there are two parts to this. One is that it will genuinely help you figure out what the other players are like by seeing how they have acted in other circumstances. The other side, though, is given away if you look closely at what I said: I addressed the players I don't know very well, specifically. That's because I want to see your reactions. And everyone else's, too. I'm a banterer. I just want to chat because it lets me read your mind.

You, me, Max, and EP have all jumped on Snowkiller for guidance.
Just as a point of order, I don't remember saying anything to him specifically.

I'm going to need to hear more from TricMagic today. Yeah, I know, a pressure vote from me, sign of the apocalypse, but I think it actually works on him?
Tric, how do you like your role? I don't want to hear any details, I know you want to save those for a dramatic reveal, I just want to know if you like it.
I posted out a bit too late apparently. Or just didn't bold it~
In any case, have a no energy post as I sit here and watch you squabble. Goes to play Atelier Ryza 3.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2023, 06:07:34 pm »

Nope!
Okay, good to know. I still find your playstyle incomprehensible to the point of suspicion, though. It seems strange to me to vote someone Hector immediately in response to him voting me immediately, then switch to No Lynch with no reason provided, then switch again to Hector as soon as someone else does, then unvote when pressured... That feels more like scum play than town play, even coming from a rank beginner.

TricMagic, it would be really nice if you actually played the game, seeing as you signed up for it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2023, 06:10:58 pm »

You gotta break some eggs to make an omelette, man. Eliminated townies still win with the rest of us, so you can’t be worrying about hitting them with an elimination.

It's more about our collective ability to win rather than innocent individuals dying.  Every lynched townie is one less vote for the mafia and, once again, possibly one less special role working its night shift!
More seriously, I'm in favor of a death, even if it's my death. The only reason not to lynch is if your role is better off with people alive. Which either paints you as mafia denying town info, or town with an investigative role. Or Cult, Cult is good too.

We've also got 11 people, so it's -2 per Day/Night cycle. 3 days of hitting town, 4 if one death if protected against. 5 if Mafia gets hit. Not Lynching puts us at a disadvantage numerically.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2023, 06:15:22 pm »

This is a good start.

Why am I suspicious? You won’t get anybody to go along with you if you can’t justify it.

Do you think there’s anyone you can trust right now?
Honestly, it's probably because of my first impression of you. You start the game by voting against Elephant Parade before anybody has posted so naturally you're a bit suspicious.
I don't think I trust anyone all that much.
Do you find him more or less suspicious than you did at the time of his first post? Why?
Hmm.. Normally it's Unvote to remove your vote. On a scale of 0-10, how much do you turst me Crystalizedmire?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2023, 06:16:36 pm »

Uh… we only have 9 players Tric.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2023, 06:17:31 pm »

Using your first two posts to (1) address a systems argument from two pages ago that other people have already gone over and (2) ask an RVS-level question of someone already under heavy grilling is a really bad look, TricMagic.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2023, 06:19:55 pm »

This is a good start.

Why am I suspicious? You won’t get anybody to go along with you if you can’t justify it.

Do you think there’s anyone you can trust right now?
Honestly, it's probably because of my first impression of you. You start the game by voting against Elephant Parade before anybody has posted so naturally you're a bit suspicious.
I don't think I trust anyone all that much.
Do you find him more or less suspicious than you did at the time of his first post? Why?
Hmm.. Normally it's Unvote to remove your vote. On a scale of 0-10, how much do you turst me Crystalizedmire?
I absolutely do not trust you at all TricMagic
she/her

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2023, 06:22:42 pm »

Psst.

Remember to say why so we can lynch him.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37