Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 16921 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancestor's Blessings
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2023, 02:39:57 pm »

Question: would you rather be lynched over Toony?

No.  Unlike myself, I am not 100% confident of Toony's alignment.

Do you trust Elephant then? Or me for that matter?

I don't believe either one of you is mafia, but trust isn't what I'd call that.
If you can't trust your own reads on people, who can you trust? That's not conductive to lynching if you don't even have a single townread.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2023, 02:41:48 pm »

I honestly think that sofanthiel is just a newbie not avoiding questions cause they're scum.
I don't know why Crystal is seeing this and not Hector or Max.
I'm not even talking about him avoiding questions. I avoid questions. I'm talking about him fucking around. There's a non-directedness and unwillingness to do better that isn't, in and of itself, AI, but doesn't look good and I need to make it stop one way or the other.
It's similar to what I've voted Knightwing for before on multiple occasions.

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2023, 02:45:56 pm »

Translation: hector13 cannot read, and so blames others. I'm not sure why you being unable to read something that was previously posted makes me mafia, but I figure that's your deal and continue on.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2023, 02:55:39 pm »

I honestly think that sofanthiel is just a newbie not avoiding questions cause they're scum.
You’re a newbie. You came into the game with basically zero knowledge of how to play, but you’re offering up your opinions and justifications for them. Why can’t sofanthiel and Snowkiller?
This is mostly coming from my gut, but Crystallizedmire's posts have felt like word vomit thrown out just to have something there, not serious attempts at reasoning. I respect him for actually playing the game, but he doesn't read as town to me.

Translation: hector13 cannot read, and so blames others. I'm not sure why you being unable to read something that was previously posted makes me mafia, but I figure that's your deal and continue on.
I still don't find you particularly scummy, but you should really, really put some content out there if you don't want to be lynched for being useless! What are your reads? Who would you vote right now if No Lynch wasn't an option, and why?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2023, 02:56:16 pm »

I'm talking about him fucking around. There's a non-directedness and unwillingness to do better that isn't, in and of itself, AI, but doesn't look good and I need to make it stop one way or the other.

Can you please elaborate?  I'm confused by this.  I do throw in the occasional joke, yes, but I fail to see how all I do is just fuck around.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2023, 02:57:46 pm »

If you want to make things more abrasive I’m quite willing to drop the politeness if you want?

What am I not reading? That you suspect MaxSpin? Because you’ve posted seven times in the game, and put shade on one person, and done nothing with that.

If you’re town, the only way you win is by lynching scum. How do you intend to contribute to that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2023, 02:59:18 pm »

Unvote

for now, that is.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2023, 03:00:58 pm »

Would you like to tell us why, considering there are four hours to day end and you should really be solidifying cases around this point?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2023, 03:01:16 pm »

I'm talking about him fucking around. There's a non-directedness and unwillingness to do better that isn't, in and of itself, AI, but doesn't look good and I need to make it stop one way or the other.

Can you please elaborate?  I'm confused by this.  I do throw in the occasional joke, yes, but I fail to see how all I do is just fuck around.
It's not about jokes either. What I mean is that you feel like you're talking just to talk. Not too different from what EP said about Cryer, which I *also* agree with, and it's why I was going to vote Cryer earlier after TricMagic.
Maybe you don't feel the same. I understand that. You probably wouldn't INTEND to seem that way. But why haven't you actually done anything?

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2023, 03:10:30 pm »

If you want to make things more abrasive I’m quite willing to drop the politeness if you want?

What am I not reading? That you suspect MaxSpin? Because you’ve posted seven times in the game, and put shade on one person, and done nothing with that.

If you’re town, the only way you win is by lynching scum. How do you intend to contribute to that?
I could redirect my suspicion from Maximum Spin towards you, if that will help. I don't know--you let me know what it is you'd like to do.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 18, 2023, 03:15:48 pm »

could please name specific examples?
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2023, 03:17:36 pm »

@Snowkiller: If you don't answer people's questions and engage substantively with the game, you will likely be lynched today, which is bad for you regardless of what your alignment is. Despite everything, I still think you're town and would rather not see that happen. Here's an easy question: Do you think Hector is scum? If so, why aren't you voting them? If not, what do you think they're trying to accomplish?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2023, 03:18:13 pm »

I honestly don’t care at this point. I think you’ll be able to get a certain three votes, maybe even as many as five people to go along with you if you do change your vote, maybe even without providing a good reason for it too.

That just means I don’t have to deal with this anymore, because even if you and/or sofanthiel aren’t scum, they’re not going to kill you, so I’ll have to deal with the survivor on D2, which is not a happy thought.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 18, 2023, 03:20:12 pm »

You’re a newbie. You came into the game with basically zero knowledge of how to play, but you’re offering up your opinions and justifications for them. Why can’t sofanthiel and Snowkiller?
This is mostly coming from my gut, but Crystallizedmire's posts have felt like word vomit thrown out just to have something there, not serious attempts at reasoning. I respect him for actually playing the game, but he doesn't read as town to me.

I still don't find you particularly scummy, but you should really, really put some content out there if you don't want to be lynched for being useless! What are your reads? Who would you vote right now if No Lynch wasn't an option, and why?
Hey, Elephant. Who was it that actually responded to my little bait? Being on the sidelines watching and commenting is not conductive to hunting. I'm aware I'm doing it, but this is called throwing shade.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 18, 2023, 03:20:39 pm »

Jeez what pages full of mud. I'm unsure of Toony now, so here we go.

Crystal/Snowkiller/sofanthiel are the newbies, or at least I haven't played with them. They all look sketchy to me, and I ordered them in town->scum (I usually do this in some sort of order, figure it out if you want), but I don't really want to lynch a newb just because it is too easy to get a bandwagon going on something that had nothing behind it. Not playing to standard, making silly mistakes, whatever. They also talked less than others, so it's worth less. But that doesn't mean we should infolynch like Tric said either.

Out of Toony/hector/Tric/Max, I posit Maximum Spin to have given the least content and effort out of all the experienced players.

It's not about jokes either. What I mean is that you feel like you're talking just to talk. Not too different from what EP said about Cryer, which I *also* agree with, and it's why I was going to vote Cryer earlier after TricMagic.
Maybe you don't feel the same. I understand that. You probably wouldn't INTEND to seem that way. But why haven't you actually done anything?

I'll be more interested in Max after D1 if they're around. I'm sure he feels the same about me.
If I'm still around d2, I'll think it isn't you, honestly.

Sofanthiel has constantly been a part of this game.

What do I even need to show

literally

read the thread
It just feels like he's been fucking around. I'm pretty sure that's what hector's thinking too.
I'd rather vote out Snowkiller, to be sure, but this is the way things stand right now. I'm not AGAINST it by any stretch.

A lot of ‘feelings’ and assuming/projecting what others think, and not even a clear decision at the end. It seems like you don’t really care who gets lynched, as long as it isn’t you. You move from Crystal to Tric to Snowkiller. After the accusations the posts drop off to single comments. Looking back to your banter with Hector it seems like all you have done all game. Just trying to ease out of sight or something. Can you guys see what I see?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37