Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 16919 times)

Snowkiller

• Bay Watcher
  • The Big Chill.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 11 - Day 1 Begins with the Ancestor's Blessings
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2023, 03:56:53 pm »

Just going to cut in here. I don't see the point in lynching on day one without some kind of platform to jump off of. I noticed someone earlier said that I'm town because I want a NL; D1 vote. Color me stupid, but I was under the impression the goal was to eliminate mafia, and protect town.

"But Snow!", you'll cry. "You can't not lynch for the entire game! It's how the town does their thing unless they have power roles!"

I get that. Really, I do. And I never said to not lynch EVER. I said, avoid D1 lynching UNLESS someone says something undeniably sus.

Just putting this here for the couple of you who pointed my NL preference out.

You gotta break some eggs to make an omelette, man. Eliminated townies still win with the rest of us, so you can’t be worrying about hitting them with an elimination.

You also can’t work on statistics. They can be manipulated to make ‘em say what you want ‘em to say. Like justifying sitting on the fence…
This came in before I posted. It's got me thinking. I suppose, if one wishes to get technical, that the W goes to everyone who was town--even those who were lynched. But then, playing the game is fun so you still don't want to take an L by being wrongly lynched. I still stand by my lack of desire to lynch, but I will submit that I'm more open to voting for a lynch. But again, it still ultimately comes down to "who is sus." I have not seen anyone as of yet who is.
B L A C K
&
Y E L L O W

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2023, 04:06:55 pm »

You gotta break some eggs to make an omelette, man. Eliminated townies still win with the rest of us, so you can’t be worrying about hitting them with an elimination.

You also can’t work on statistics. They can be manipulated to make ‘em say what you want ‘em to say. Like justifying sitting on the fence…
Fun fact: 90% of statistics is made up on the spot
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2023, 04:07:35 pm »

It's not an unsound argument, and if you genuinely have no clue, it can indeed be safer to wait for the mafia to give us a hint in the form of a dead body. On the other hand, they could just no-kill and leave you in D1 Again, the D1ening. Still, if I really felt that I had no clue, I'd agree with you. But do you really think you have no clue?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2023, 04:09:38 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Caz: 1: Elephant Parade
Crystalizedmire: 1: Hector13
Hector13: 1: Crystalizedmire
ToonyMan: 1: Caz
TricMagic: 2: Maximum Spin, ToonyMan

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2023, 04:17:10 pm »

It's more about our collective ability to win rather than innocent individuals dying.  Every lynched townie is one less vote for the mafia and, once again, possibly one less special role working its night shift!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2023, 04:21:04 pm »

@Snowkiller you don’t know who is sus, a’ight.

What kind of thing would you consider sus? How would you go about finding these things?

It's not an unsound argument, and if you genuinely have no clue, it can indeed be safer to wait for the mafia to give us a hint in the form of a dead body. On the other hand, they could just no-kill and leave you in D1 Again, the D1ening. Still, if I really felt that I had no clue, I'd agree with you. But do you really think you have no clue?

One thing about the clue the scum give is that it’s going to benefit them more than it benefits town, guaranteed. Don’t give them the impetus by letting them drip feed us what they want us to know.

PPE:

It's more about our collective ability to win rather than innocent individuals dying.  Every lynched townie is one less vote for the mafia and, once again, possibly one less special role working its night shift!

While the town outman the scum, we can still win the game. I mean, that’s kind of the scum’s wincon. Eliminated townies still give us information, even on D1. We can examine who they pressured, who they thought were town, who was pressuring them, who thought they were town or scum, and that helps us figure out who to trust and who not to.

Regardless, it’ll happen whether you want it to or not. The experienced players outweigh the newer ones, and they’re not going to want a no lynch. You’re going to have to pick a side eventually, might as well get that ball rolling now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2023, 04:29:35 pm »

It's not an unsound argument, and if you genuinely have no clue, it can indeed be safer to wait for the mafia to give us a hint in the form of a dead body. On the other hand, they could just no-kill and leave you in D1 Again, the D1ening.

Would they ever actually do that, though?  Isn't it always better for them to just pick at random because, unlike us, that'd be a free kill?  The only world in which something like that does happen is one with special power shenanigans ruining the killers' evil plans.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2023, 04:32:46 pm »

Someone who has played with Hector before: Is he usually in support of day 1 lynching?
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2023, 04:33:35 pm »

One thing about the clue the scum give is that it’s going to benefit them more than it benefits town, guaranteed. Don’t give them the impetus by letting them drip feed us what they want us to know.
I mean, I have sometimes played games where scum just make bafflingly bad choices, but yes, in general, agreed.

I think I know who I want to lynch this turn, but I still need to hear from TricMagic.

It's not an unsound argument, and if you genuinely have no clue, it can indeed be safer to wait for the mafia to give us a hint in the form of a dead body. On the other hand, they could just no-kill and leave you in D1 Again, the D1ening.

Would they ever actually do that, though?  Isn't it always better for them to just pick at random because, unlike us, that'd be a free kill?  The only world in which something like that does happen is one with special power shenanigans ruining the killers' evil plans.
Absolutely. I would. I have. Killing at random can be dangerous! Especially if there are wereskunks or bearwives around. No-killing is sometimes strategic and often hilarious.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2023, 04:41:29 pm »

I didn't say it would help, I said it might save your life, because you can flatter the more experienced players by talking up their past exploits so they don't want to kill you. :P
Hey, remember that one time you... figured out it was Quarque?  That was cool, right?  We made such a great team! :D
Oh, you've played mafia before? I was under the impression you haven't. My mistake.

Your posts haven't really engaged with the game yet, Crystalizedmire.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2023, 04:45:24 pm »

Someone who has played with Hector before: Is he usually in support of day 1 lynching?
There we go.

Yes. D1 lynching is very common.

It does miss scum a majority of the time, but not always.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2023, 04:51:05 pm »

Your posts haven't really engaged with the game yet, Crystalizedmire.
You're absolutely correct because I barely have anything to work off of and I probably shouldn't have voted against hector13! However, I can't help but feel a little suspicious about his posts since I'm usually in favour of skipping lynching on the first day(I have played 2 games of werewolf outside this forum). Their post has struck me as odd but I might change my vote(if that is possible) if this is usual behaviour from them.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2023, 04:58:18 pm »

If it is possible I would like to vote in favour of skipping lynching
she/her

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2023, 04:59:33 pm »

Why, though? I don’t understand. If we vote to skip the lynch every day we’ll lose.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2023, 05:00:39 pm »

Oh, you've played mafia before?

That's a little bit of a stretch, but yea.  It was a 3-player game that lasted 2 days and had 0 lynchings.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 37