Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Epic Adventure Time  (Read 895 times)

Balsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Epic Adventure Time
« on: December 10, 2007, 05:53:00 pm »

:D"

And with that, Cespi's quest for greatness had begun.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Epic Adventure Time
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 06:27:00 pm »

You should've started as a drunk (no skilled) man too, but this will turn out swell.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Balsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 07:02:00 pm »

I'm not that good at playing. :x

I suck at adventure mode. I wanted to write though, so hey. That's what I'm doing.

--------------------

Cespi and his drunkard companions travelled for days through the forests, searching for this Leanscarred cave or whatever it was called. Stopping to hunt and get water along the way, it really wasn't all that unpleasant. The conversation and companionship made it a lot easier.

Finally, they stumbled upon the entrance. This cave wasn't carved out of the side of the mountain, like one would expect, but simply a hole in the ground, leading to who knows what vile evils. A lesser group might've missed it. But not them. They had eyes like hawks. These eyes may have been blurred by alcohol, but they were keen none-the-less.

They stood around the edge of the pit. There was a dark chill hanging in the air. Probably the chill of death, or something equally stereotypical. Uruth, one of the drunkards, lead the charge in. His preferred method of leading charges happened to be tripping over his feet and tumbling into the actual cave head first. The others followed suite. Once inside, they gazed around. The hard rock walls had jagged edges and there were drippings of blood across them. Someone had tried to escape.

Then they stumbled upon the corpses. Dead things everything. Must've been the work of that other fellow. The one who died.

They descended down the stairs, lookin--OHFUCKS THAT'S A FUCKING MOLEMAN. The beast lunged at Cespi, who quickly sidestepped, dodging the vile creature's attack. One of the drunks latches on to the mole's left elbow, apparently with the intent of doing absolutely nothing useful. Cespi fumbled on his back, trying to unsheathe his sword. The other drunk moved in, punching the moleman's knee. Cespi took out his blade, and proceeded to slice into the creature's back, making it collapse from pain. He kept hacking, taking off limb after limb, blood coating the walls. The iron sword cut through the flesh like a warm sword through a Butter-man. Cespi looked at his work, as the drunks gazed at him in horror.

So. This is what is was like to be a hero.

Cespi gave off a giggle, and ran off down the hall, eager for more combat. One of the drunkards followed after, while the other stayed behind to guard the dead corpse or something. The two came upon another pile of blood, gore, and corpses in a larger chamber. On the ground was a human corpse, with some dented armor covering his mutilated body.

"Ah. That must be the guy we're avenging."

A growl resonated in the room. Before Cespi could turn around, a troglodyte attacked the drunk, pulling him into the darkness of the halls. Cespi pulled out his sword, and chased after, only to find his friend with his eyes gouged out, bleeding on the floor, with the beast spitting out chunks of human. Cespi lunged at him, breaking his bones and causing massive gashes across his flesh. Something latched onto his ankle.

He was pulled to the ground, and a roar went up as he looked up to see a Giant Mole above him. In this compromising position, Cespi found it quite difficult to use his sword with any proficiency. He bashed at the creature with his shield, but it seemed to cause little damage. The beast clawed and bit at his chest, ripping and tearing. He was on the other end of the rapestick now. Finally, after wriggling a bit out of the side, Cespi lunged his sword straight through the skull of the beast with a stroke of luck, striking it down. He pushed the corpse off himself, and looked down upon his body. A hole was in his torso, and he could clearly see his innards. He was having trouble breathing, and the pain was immense. He started to move, as briskly as he could, towards where his other drunk companion was. As he started moving, he heard a scream echo through the caves from that direction. His friend was dead.

He turned around, and looked for another way out. Falling down, winded and wounded, every few steps hindered his escape greatly.

I can't explain how, and neither can he, but Cespi Brokenback escaped that day. He had faced the horrors of combat, and he never wanted to go back. Returning to town, he was inspected by the county doctor. Split left lung. Wow. He had survived it. And he probably wouldn't again. He bought some land, stuck his sword in a cubboard, and settled down.

But the Punch of Adventure couldn't have that.

He'd have his little rest. But his quests were far from over.

Karl_Delacroix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 07:26:00 pm »

Pretty nice. A shame that the quest wasn't completed.
..like eagles on pogo sticks!

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 08:45:00 pm »

"Punched in the face by the lust for adventure" is pretty much the best line ever.  Nice work.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 08:53:00 pm »

Keep it up!  This is entertaining stuff.

Shadowslasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 09:19:00 pm »

Bravo, keep on going  :). One hint, in my experience, adventurers life spans increase exponentially when you change their [c]ombat preferences to "move away" "strike" and "dodge away". Good luck!

God of Toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 10:09:00 pm »

WHAT TIME IS IT?...

ADVENTURE TIME!!

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 03:07:00 am »

Nice  :) Made me wanna start out an adventurer again.
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

Burnme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 11:24:00 pm »

Write more, please. Your style is very entertaining.
quot;wat"