Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Resolution issues on small screen (v.50 Steam)  (Read 509 times)

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Resolution issues on small screen (v.50 Steam)
« on: July 30, 2023, 12:22:50 pm »

Last week I got a refurbished desktop with Win 10 on it. I'm using a CRT monitor as I have several lying about and I don't have any flatscreens. My system resolution is 1280x1024 (Windows says 1024x768 is preferred but I'm not using that). I'm having the issue where the top bar isn't displaying fully. I can see up to Meat in my supplies, but the moon and date are still there to the right of it, as is the minimap. On my laptop, whose resolution is also 1280x1024 but widescreen, fiddling with the settings allowed me to see all the things. But not on the CRT. I've checked that Windows isn't zooming stuff (set to 100%). I'm guessing that the non-widescreen status of the CRT monitor is at least partly to blame, but obviously I don't know for sure so I'm asking all of you good folks for advice. I've changed the scaling, the resolution, fullscreen/windowed, pretty much all the stuff in the graphical settings menu and nothing has worked. The ASCII has the same issue: changing to that didn't affect anything. If it's important I believe this machine has integrated graphics.

I can play with just what I see in the bar... plants, fish, and other are missing but that won't KILL me. I would like to see them though! And I am living proof that some people still use CRT monitors. I am of meagre means and besides, I have a couple games I cannot play on an LCD screen (such as my laptop) because I get motion-sick (mostly older space sims and FPS games like Freelancer and Rune). So CRT to the rescue!

I would greatly appreciate any advice you guys have on this.
If you have okay wrestling, you can stab someone in the lower body, making their guts pop out. If you then wrestle and pinch the guts, you can sever them. By then, the guy's probably unconscious. If he's not, strangle him until he is and cave in his skull with the guts.

No, really.

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Resolution issues on small screen (v.50 Steam)
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 01:37:14 pm »

Update: I switched to ASCII mode and zoomed WAY out and discovered the full UI bar does show up:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I dunno what that means but... here, extra information! >.>
If you have okay wrestling, you can stab someone in the lower body, making their guts pop out. If you then wrestle and pinch the guts, you can sever them. By then, the guy's probably unconscious. If he's not, strangle him until he is and cave in his skull with the guts.

No, really.