Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh...my...God...  (Read 757 times)

BoltsFogs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oh...my...God...
« on: March 04, 2007, 01:32:00 am »

Ok I'm playing adventure mode for the first time. I stop into this dwarven stronghold, and I happen to notice a miner. I proceed to begin talking to him, and when I saw his name my heart stopped. IT WAS ONE OF THE MINERS FROM MY VERY FIRST ABANDONED FORTRESS! Toady, you are the man, you have made this game insanely deep and innovative that when I think I hit the end of the well, I KEEP FINDING MORE STUFF! You have truly made a spectacular game, and I tip my hat to you.
he cave river is overflowing.
Momuz Udibast cancels sleep:dangerous terrain.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh...my...God...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 01:37:00 am »

Paging the cult of the Toady One to this topic. You have a new member.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 03:40:00 pm »

While I will not doubt Toady's skills as a programmer, it could have been a coincedince. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if he did purposefully add this in.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 06:32:00 pm »

It's pretty clearly been added in.   Why wouldn't it?  Stuff from abandoned fortresses doesn't just vanish.   The world is pretty danged persistant.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 09:10:00 pm »

Yeah, this one was added in.  I don't think any miners are generated in the adventure mode dwarf areas in any case, and it does track all of the dwarves from abandoned fortresses.  Now they'll be in armies and have to move around.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 06:10:00 am »

Yesterday I abandoned an old fortress of mine with about 30 dwarves after sucessive goblin invasions(I was trying a challenge game with no traps, no seam/lava/flood defenses ). After abandoning, I started an dwarf adventurer in the same civilization of my old fortress.
When the game started, I received the message:
"The Brewer pulls out a Iron Arrow" (or such). I was amazed. It was my Brewer, who I have renamed.In the fortress I found another survivors, everyone of them with tattered clothes.