Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How do I steal a castle?  (Read 6425 times)

appleappleapple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I steal a castle?
« on: July 18, 2023, 07:21:17 pm »

I found a castle, but the people there didn't like my jokes, so I had to take revenge. Now I'm not much of a thief so I don't know how to do this, but how do I steal a castle? And I don't mean steal position of power, I mean how do I pick it up? How do I put it in my bag with all the people in there and run away? This is important, since I have great jokes and these people are mean, so I NEED revenge.

xof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I steal a castle?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 11:10:26 pm »

Well first your adventurer needs to be holding a barrel, so make sure to strap your other equipment. Next, you must be standing exactly on the tile right in the middle of the castle; Take your time for this can prove very difficult for new players. As soon as you get it right press shift + i to interact with an object then pick the barrel and select the Fill wooden barrel with castle (Here) option. Then you are all set up!
(unfortunately the constant talking of all the citizens living in your inventory will turn on constant text announcements and the game will get rather unplayable so proceed at your own risk.)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 03:05:23 am »

set fire to a flock of fluffy wamblers and chuck them over the walls. the distraction will allow you to pick up the castle (careful! use proper lifting posture here) without anyone spotting you.

another option is to slap a donkey and the resultant HEE haWWWing will conceal your thievery

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 03:55:58 am »

the people there didn't like my jokes

Have you tried telling them the one about the merman and the dwarf?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 02:38:37 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if Rumrusher could do some thing like this.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

appleappleapple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 03:35:43 pm »

Well first your adventurer needs to be holding a barrel, so make sure to strap your other equipment.
This would be impossible due to my adventurer always needing to hold their weapon to prove their pure strength and superiority to the bandits who constantly try to attack. Is there any way to carry a barrel using their legs or weapon (weapon is a spear)?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 06:04:25 pm »

Well first your adventurer needs to be holding a barrel, so make sure to strap your other equipment.
This would be impossible due to my adventurer always needing to hold their weapon to prove their pure strength and superiority to the bandits who constantly try to attack. Is there any way to carry a barrel using their legs or weapon (weapon is a spear)?
play an adventurer with more than two arms, like the insect people or even better, spider people. Exploit this properly and you could pick up four castles at the same time.

appleappleapple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2023, 06:27:18 pm »

I want to use the adventurer I already have, since it's personal for him. Maybe I can persuade (or, more likely, intimidate) a companion to join me and I could put them on my shoulders so we can lift the castle together using the power of friendship and forced labor?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2023, 10:59:54 pm »

You can balance the barrel on one of you feet (here’s a complete YouTube tutorial that runs through how to do it).
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2023, 03:41:11 am »

Since you can't take the entire thing at once have you tried to take it a part and put it back together somewhere else?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

appleappleapple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2023, 11:39:01 am »

You can balance the barrel on one of you feet (here’s a complete Youtube tutorial that runs through how to do it).
You see, I would completely trust you, however when I was about to click the link, the ancient words of my 3rd grade computer class teacher told me to not click on links from the internet made by other people, even though every link is made by people. I cannot betray them since they gave me a lollipop I think, so can you explain how to do it on this forum?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2023, 12:13:35 pm »

Since you can't take the entire thing at once have you tried to take it a part and put it back together somewhere else?

This is probably possible with advfort. I bet you can cram all the pieces in a backpack.

appleappleapple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2023, 01:08:33 pm »

If I tried this, they would definitely catch me and then throw me or something since some bandits stole my kneecaps and I can't stand anymore. I need a quick way to grab it and go.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2023, 02:46:40 am »

Dang bandits stealing kneecaps!

Have you tried to steal the bandits and stuff them in your backpack before they can throw you?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2023, 04:01:40 am »

If you really, really want to steal a castle you'll think of a way.
Pages: [1] 2 3