Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [VERMIN_HATEABLE] Token and its Application.  (Read 421 times)

Digganob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[VERMIN_HATEABLE] Token and its Application.
« on: July 14, 2023, 04:45:02 pm »

Simple question, though I don't think it's too likely anyone would know: Can the [VERMIN_HATEABLE] token be applied to creatures that are not vermin?

Additional, kinda related question: Can [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER] apply to intelligent or even civilized creatures?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: [VERMIN_HATEABLE] Token and its Application.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2023, 05:28:35 pm »

Yes to both.

CURIOUSBEAST_EATER though might cause some minor problems in fort mode if a citizen has that token; e.g, when they carry something they'll just keep carrying it and not do their jobs until they at some point might drop it -- or something like that (this token can be removed after world gen if you encounter problems). Some animal people actually have this token in vanilla DF (or other curiousbeast tokens).

Dylan Ail Don

• Bay Watcher
  • Vanitas vanitatum et omnia vanitas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2023, 05:32:46 pm »

There already exists intelligent creatures in vanilla DF with CURIOUSBEAST_EATER, like Ettins, Giants and a ton of animal people. In civilized or domesticated ones it does nothing.

In older versions of DF adding VERMIN_HATEABLE to intelligent creatures did work to some exent, as this old post shows. Maybe it still functions.

Digganob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 06:07:59 pm »

There already exists intelligent creatures in vanilla DF with CURIOUSBEAST_EATER, like Ettins, Giants and a ton of animal people. In civilized or domesticated ones it does nothing.

In older versions of DF adding VERMIN_HATEABLE to intelligent creatures did work to some exent, as this old post shows. Maybe it still functions.

Ah, so, if, say, I had a civilization of cave-goblins, and gave them CURIOUSBEAST_EATER, they would not then randomly come to steal food from my fortress? That is unfortunate. Mayhaps I will also cause the cave-goblins to spawn as animals do, thus allowing them to sometimes come in and try to take food.

That post is very encouraging. That is precisely the sort of thing I want to see.

Digganob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 06:10:15 pm »

Yes to both.

CURIOUSBEAST_EATER though might cause some minor problems in fort mode if a citizen has that token; e.g, when they carry something they'll just keep carrying it and not do their jobs until they at some point might drop it -- or something like that (this token can be removed after world gen if you encounter problems). Some animal people actually have this token in vanilla DF (or other curiousbeast tokens).

Interestingly, in testing with a civilization with the CURIOUSBEAST_EATER token on its creatures, they would not carry items to stockpiles, merely pick them up. I suppose that must have been why. Thank you for the info.