Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: SPAMPOCALYPSE - King Tengor "the Caring" of Kallvol!  (Read 5123 times)

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMPOCALYPSE - King Tengor of Kallvol!
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2023, 08:48:42 am »

You decide to pick up from your plentiful treasury to finance a network of patrolling guards dedicated to your citizens’ security. Your treasurer frowns in displeasure, but he is greedier than a dragon anyway.
Your marshal nods to your decision, while the aversarians let out many thanks before leaving.

Late Summer 1300 IS

Your bride is presented to you by the chancellor! Your future wife is named Mineta, and has the blonde hair typical to the aversarians. Of pretty face, she comes from a formerly prestigious noble aversarian family, which still holds some influence on the locals. You learn during the wedding dinner that she is nicknamed "Mousey" due to her shy nature, something you noticed first hand.
The ceremony and the bedding goes fine, although a little awkward, due to both parties still learning the langages of the other, and the aversarians having to conquer their apprehension for the Javolki.

Autumn 1300 IS

Grave news from the south! After a hard siege that ended in a full-scale city assault, Cenware found death at Oraispol as he was leading his men on the frontline.
From the rumors spread by the fleeing soldiers, the Conclave had apparently more than one trick in their sleeve, as it set a magic trap that killed Cenware and most of his lieutenants. The Javolki people is in disarray, as it fragmented following various leaders. Some of them spread in the Elezean peninsula, carving their small chiefdoms, but most are travelling back to the north, to settle in your kingdom or going back even further, towards Kathani region.
Oraispol, meanwhile, has little time to celebrate their unexpected victory as their not-so-puppet king revolted against the Conclave, engulfing the city in another civil war.

You are gripped by dread as you hear this unthinkable news, but you also must prepare to the incoming influx of refugees, for the good of your newly forged kingdom.

A) We can’t take the risks of allowing them to wreak havoc in my domain. We will supervise them moving north, forcefully if needed
B) These are my kin, we must prepare some reception for those willing to stay in Kallvol, and help the others moving north
C) That’s only refugees, they can think on their own without me

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2023, 11:19:28 am »

B We need a solid population base of people of our own culture if we dont wanna just end up becoming a aversarian.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2023, 02:23:33 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2023, 12:59:07 am »

B
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2023, 11:49:44 am »

You start frantically preparing houses and relief organization for your fleeing kin in the south.

Late autumn 1300 IS

A ray of sunshine in the gloomy atmosphere, you learn your wife Mineta is pregnant. The child is expected for summer next year.

Winter 1300 IS

The disorganized Javolki are arriving! While a good half of it has decided to stay in the heart of the peninsula, and carve their kingdom south of you, the other half is crossing your frontiers.

4 + 1 (welcoming preparations) = 5

Thanks to your dutiful preparations, most of the migrating Javolki choose to stay inside the Kallvol kingdom, bostering your population and Javolki numbers. By a rough estimation, you think about a half of your citizens are Javolki now. Although it gives you a good and loyal base from your people, avoiding to alienate aversarians by making them feel threaten and replaced will be a tightrope walker show, one where your wife will most probably have to play a part, despite her cumbersome shyness.

6!

Moved by your thoughful greetings to the refugees, chiefs leading those who keep going north express their admiration towards you, blessing your name and telling how much worthy you are from Cenware's gift. You are now nicknamed "the Caring".
Some install their clans in the unoccupied lands north of you, while others keep moving north, crossing the Elysean Pass towards Kathani.

End of the year, 1300 IS

It is already the end of the year. You can't help but be taken aback by how much changed since last year. You are now a king, Cenware is dead and the Imperrech most certainly crumbled, now that the refugees arrived in Kathani to spread the news.
Your Chancellor quietly climb the steps towards your throne, before presenting you the same scroll he gave when you became the new Kallvol chief.

Stability: +
Army: -
Treasury: +
Population: +

"Thanks to your wise decisions, we carried through the consequences of Cenware's defeat, with the kingdom in a stable state. The wealth obtained from Kathani helped us to carry the costs, but unfortunately we spent most of it. From now on, we must rely on our taxes."

A group of men enter shortly after, Javolki local officers, followed by a handful of Aversarians.

"My king, we have worked with the Averarian cartographers to make a rough map of our surroundings."

"Our position is quite advantageous, with few threatening neighbours for now, even more so with Oraispol in civil war. But it's not the only major aversarian remnant. They are mostly scattered in the ends of the peninsula, with some bigger than others. Our Javolki kin has scattered after their defeat in Oraispol, with most of them settling in the center of Elezea. The former clan of Cenware, the Deynics, has settled within it and has proclaimed a kingdom. Truly the death of the Imperrech dream."

The speaker points to the west on the map.

"Further west, we have the Western Isles. They are however numerous, and drawing them would have delay the map too much. Hopefully it won't matter for now."

Spring 1301 ISS

Life finds back it way, as nature reasserts itself.
Busy day in the palace as messengers jostle. One is a member of those enigmatic Partic people who settled in Kathani, with whom you did much travel during the great migration. The other is from Oraispol.

"Oraispol?!" you choke.
"Yes, my lord", responds your disconcerted officer.

A) "I'll see the messenger from Oraispol first, then"
B) "Bring me that Partic first"

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2023, 12:58:19 pm »

A

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2023, 05:46:40 pm »

A

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2023, 06:13:24 pm »

A (Also nice map!)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2023, 01:53:23 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2023, 05:07:34 am »

A (Also nice map!)

<3

The messenger from Oraispol is clad in customary red and purple aversarian travel clothes, although it shows signs of wear.
He quickly bows before giving a scroll to one of your guards, who bring it to you.

The scroll is in aversarian. Thanks to one of your interpreter, you translates it in a few minutes.

To the king of Kallvol,

While it pains me to call by such a name a barbarian that is occupying my lands, I have no choice but to call for your help.
The crumbly members from the Conclave are hellbent to win the civil war, and this will not end until Oraispol is smashed to ruins.
I want a better future for my people and for Elezea. If you help me against the Conclave, you will receive a share of the wealth hoarded by the Conclave since the last decades, and we will hopefully establish peaceful relations between aversarians and javolkis. A civil war won by the Conclave will only mean a gruesome and bloody extermination war between our people.

By the will of the Purest,
King Holevar of Oraispol

The messenger silently stares at you, waiting for your response.

A) "I’m not a dog he can whistle as he wishes! He will deal with that by himself"
B) "The Kallvols will march for Oraispol"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMPOCALYPSE - King Tengor "the Caring" of Kallvol!
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2023, 06:03:05 am »

B

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2023, 07:39:44 am »

B

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2023, 11:43:49 am »

Id rather take the hidden third option and try to end the civil war by just conquering them but sure B
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 11:46:00 am by Fluffe9911 »

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2023, 11:45:09 am »

Id rather take the hidden third option and try to end the civil war by just conquering them but sure B

Creating an option is also an option, just sayin’  :P

"The Kallvols will march for Oraispol"

The stoic messenger’s face discreetly brighten up, before he bows his head.

"I’ll bring the news to my king"

After his swift departure, the Partic enters, clad into brown vegetal clothes. Removing its hood upon entrance reveal the Partic to be a woman of undefined age, of pale skin and long black hair.

"Greetings, king of Kallvole", she speaks in Javolki with the musical Partic’s’ accent. "I have heard of your place, and my cladus and me have moved from the chaos in Kathani province, hoping to receive refuge in your kingdom."

Your mind quickly remembers all useful info on the Partics.
Northern neighbors of the Javolki, the Partics were famous for their elaborate cities hanging in the trees. Alongside, or maybe because of it, the Partics also had numerous and powerful magic users, that would come handy during the Great Migration under Cenware.
After the looting of the aversarian magic universities, especially the Mayikprolollan, the Partics sorcerers became even more powerful, with some even starting to dabble with the Fog, unleashing Fog magic with devastating effect during the battle of Elysean Pass.

And now a cladus of them, which is about twenty or so sorcerers from a confrery is looking for shelter in your kingdom.

A) "Begone! We don’t accept witches here!"
B) "You can install within my kingdom, but don’t cause any trouble, right?"
C) "This may be handy to have a group of sorcerers. You can come if you swear allegiance to the crown"

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2023, 12:24:19 pm »

C
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7