Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: SPAMPOCALYPSE - King Tengor "the Caring" of Kallvol!  (Read 4810 times)

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMPOCALYPSE - King Tengor "the Caring" of Kallvol!
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2023, 01:38:18 am »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2023, 01:40:30 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2023, 03:10:35 pm »

You follow the horsemen inside one of the wall’s holes, weaving through a few devastated quarters of the city, you end up on a hastily fortified plaza. On it you find king Holevar discussing with his officers. As they see you arrive, he comes greeting you.

"Ah, king Tengor. Finally a good news today."

A short and sturdy man, Holevar seems even more stockier thanks to his plate armor. He points a finger to what looks like a palace.

"The old men are hiding in the Magi’s Palace, right there. Until your arrival I didn’t have enough men to hold the city and storm into it, but with you here now, we will make quick work of it."

After mustering your men, you travel through the vast city of Oraispol, lead by the aversarians. You arrive near a huge square, with at it center an equally huge column. The Column of the Purest, as the aversarians call it.
The square is filled with pro-Conclave soldiers and militiamen. After a horn blow, the charge is launched, and the battle for the square begins.

6+ 2 (Tengor martial skill) + 2 (Holevar martial skill) - 2 (magic barrage) - 1 urban terrain = 7!

Despite the choke point of the street, your troops pour into the square without your ennemies being able to do anything. The weary and demoralized aversarians can’t stop the onslaught, pushing the frontline further and further towards the palace. A few people clad in dark gown get out from the palace. As you soon discover, these are some of the magis’ members of the Conclave.
Terrific energy bolts start rampaging the square, killing allies and ennemies alike. While the aversarians start panicking, your warriors, hardened by their experience in the Fog, keep going despite the hail.
Their relentless ferocity, in turn, breaks the confidence of the magis, who retreat back inside the palace. Their soldiers flee as well after seeing their leaders abandoning them, followed by the bloodthirsty Javolkis!

Near the frontline, you feel soon to be taken away by the flow of your warriors. If a decision must be taken, it better be taken quickly.

A) "We must keep the momentum! To the palace!"
B) "Wait, we must regroup before assaulting the building!"
C) "Time to reveal our true colors, slaughter all aversarians!"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 03:15:18 pm by Ixarys »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2023, 03:57:10 pm »

C) "Time to reveal our true colors, slaughter all aversarians!"
(The primal urge to slaughter everyone and proclaim a new empire)

Reluctantly A mostly because I want to keep up the title of "the Caring" and our army aint overwhelming enough for me to be comfortable doing something as ballsy as this (yet).

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2023, 05:48:13 pm »

(...not loving that vibe tbh.)

B

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2023, 06:14:20 pm »

A

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2023, 07:01:13 pm »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2023, 01:08:28 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2023, 04:37:27 am »

"Onwards! To the palace!"

Your men rush forwards, entering the gates of the great building. Soon enough, magical explosions shake the ground, either from resisting magis or traps laid inside.
However, after advancing inside for a few minutes, your men freeze. Desperate enough, the magis turned to necromancy to fill their ranks! Before your warriors are skeletons and decrepit animated bodies, with a burning green flame in their eyes.

6 + 2 (Tengor martial skill) + 1 (victorious momentum) - 2 (dreaded undead) = 7! Why do u keep doing this

The Javokis quickly get a grip back on themselves, and charge against the undead!
Outnumbered (the magis probably started to reanimate undead to soon to muster them in significant numbers), the undead are unable to stop you, and you keep going deeper in the palace.
In what looks like a throne or big meeting room, you find them. Thirty or so hooded men and women in black gown. Their eyes glow red from magic exhaustion, but they nonetheless lift their arms, ready to fight.

2 + 2 (Tengor martial skill) + 2 (victorious momentum) - 2 (magic users) = 4

The Conclave defend themselves ferociously, but ultimately numbers matter, and they ultimately get submerged, taking many good javolki warriors with them.
Half a dozen magis are taken prisoners, amongst them an old man that looks like a leader.

Shortly after, Holevar and his men arrive. Seeing the prisoners, he claps in joy and ask you to give them, before searching the Conclave’s treasury within the Palace. He asks you wether you would prefer wealth or a magical artefact.

A) "Wealth!"
B) "Artefact!"
C) "… Oraispol!"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2023, 04:50:23 am »

B

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2023, 08:25:36 am »

B

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2023, 11:39:08 am »

C Joking joking B

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2023, 01:24:38 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2023, 01:12:10 am »

B

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2023, 08:47:53 am »

"Alright then, I’m sure we will find something worthy for you in the magis’ stash."

After a few hours, an Holevar’s soldier presents a helmet. Nodding, the king of Oraispol takes it before presenting it to you. The object looks like a classical aversarian helmet, with a crest and what looks like thin ruby veins on its plate.

"The Bloody Helm. It is said that the one wearing it becomes an unstoppable and enraged warrior, slaughtering its ennemies firsthand, without consciousness of the battlefield evolution or for its own safety. A very powerful artifact, that must be used equally carefully."

Whether you are eager or not to try it, you thank him and go back to your kingdom in the north.
After thanking you as a "man of his words", Holevar leaves you, turning his attention towards the reconstruction of the devastated Oraispol.

Congratulations! King Tengor came back from campaign!

Late Summer 1301 IS

You arrive right in time for the birth of your wife Mineta! It goes perfectly, with your wife giving birth to twins. Unfortunately, the younger one does not pass the night, leaving you with one child still.
Mineta names your daughter Palinia.

Autumn 1301 IS

You heard that the Deynic Kingdom, south of you, has started expanding and uniting the Javolki tribes around it. They also claim that, unlike you who "betrayed Cenware by allying his murderer", they will conquer Oraispol and kill his so-called king.

No news of the Parthic cladus who was supposed to arrive by now.

Winter 1301 IS

The Parthic magic confrery finally arrived, shortly before the first snows. They look relieved and a bit worn out from their travel. They explain they lost a lot of time in the Kathani region, which is in absolute turmoil with various chiefdoms vying for power. Things went a lot more smoother once crossed the Elysean Gates.
Now, you have to decide where to put the cladus, and what autonomy is given to them.

A) Inside the king’s palace, to serve him only and personally
B) In the capital. A little autonomy, but first and foremost to serve the king
C) In another place elsewhere in the kingdom. The farther we are from sorcery, the better
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 08:49:46 am by Ixarys »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7