Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: SPAMPOCALYPSE - King Tengor "the Caring" of Kallvol!  (Read 4809 times)

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SPAMPOCALYPSE - King Tengor "the Caring" of Kallvol!
« on: July 01, 2023, 04:21:16 am »

The world is dying. The Aversarian Empire, which spanned on most of the continent, now lies broken after suffering from the most devastating civil war it ever lived. The conflict saw devastating use of magic, to the point where the moon itself was half-shattered, turning into a sickly green light and periodically dropping its shards on the surface. Most coastal cities along the Shattered Coast are in ruins, if not abandoned entirely.
An ominous fog has risen in the north-east, deep inside the forests and wilderness. Those inside disappeared or came back stark raving mad. Their numerous tribes began a continental-sized migration to the south-west, united in a loose coalition that broke inside the empire, adding even more chaos. They are now looking to settle amongst the ashes of the empire.
Further north, in the Chevalie peninsula, the Marcher Lords still holds against the relentless waves of undead from the Lichdoms. They, however, are once again divided after their last High-King Gardfrei has left for a quest in the Lichdoms, breaking its crown in front of his subjects. Swords edge as the pretenders prepare their claim...

Hello everyone! While I have some free time, why not dabble with another SpamKingdom-ish kind of game?
This time we are in a universe heavily inspired from Godherja, a mod from CK3 which fit nicely in the medieval apocalypse niche. We are using a system mostly similar to SPAMKINGDOM, with a few twists here and there.

To make it short, here's the four state's stats: Stability, Army, Treasury and Population, ranging from --- to +++. Your character will have traits that may grant bonuses or maluses, or new options entirely.
Rolls will usually be on 1D6.

Suggesting new votes are authorized, as long as you are not going nut on it. Please do not go over detailed on new options. A good rule of thumb is to not make it longer than the already existing options.

As always, balance in the game can sometimes be a tad broken due to my amateurish experience as GM, so please be forgiving.

As the world slowly crumbles, some are not just content to see it burns. You are gonna make a mark out of it! Who are you?

Name: Include your regal name and your dynasty name.
Trait: Charismatic / Martial / Wise / Lucky / Healthy / Hunter (only for Tribes origins) / Magi (only for Aversarian origins) / Anti-Magic Knight (only for Marchers origins)

Starting point:
A) One of the numerous city-states leaders or governors from the now broken Aversarian Empire, alongside the Shattered Coast
B) A drop in the vast sea of migrating tribes from the north-eastern wilderness, fleeing the Fog and wrecking havoc in the empire's lands
C) A Marcher Lord from the Chevalie Peninsula, keeping the world safe from the Lichs in the north and pondering its move in the incoming civil war
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 07:51:06 am by Ixarys »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMPOCALYPSE - Beginnings...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 04:44:57 am »

Name: (I have no idea I suck at names)
Trait: Martial

Starting point:
B) A drop in the vast sea of migrating tribes from the north-eastern wilderness, fleeing the Fog and wrecking havoc in the empire's lands
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023, 04:45:22 am »

Name: (I have no idea I suck at names)

Tengor!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2023, 04:48:35 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2023, 07:24:03 am »

Tengor of the Khenbish Dynasty!

(Just to remind people)
Name: Include your regal name and your dynasty name.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 07:26:58 am by Fluffe9911 »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023, 07:25:56 am »

Tengor of the Khenbish Dynasty sounds better!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2023, 07:26:43 am »

Tengor of the Khenbish Dynasty sounds better!
Know what sure! (Although I will go ahead and state Khenbish means Nobody in Mongolian so this is quiet the humble dynasty name)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 07:28:26 am by Fluffe9911 »

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2023, 08:08:42 am »

1300 IS

You are Tengor Khenbish! You are the fresh new tribe chief of the Kallvol clan, after the death of your father in the battle of the Elysean Pass. Your advisor babbles things on the state of your clan, before presenting you a scroll, which makes things much clearer.

2, 2, 5, 3

Stability: -
Army: -
Treasury: ++
Population: =

While your clan is tired from their constant migrations, you were able to seize good loot from the pillages of the Mayikprolollan and the Kathani province, leaving you as a quite wealthy chief.

The Kallvol clan is itself part of the Javolki Tribes, which makes the most population of the Imperrech, a loose coalition of tribes under the Javolki chief Cenware "Witch-Breaker".
A larger-than-life leader, Cenware united most of the tribes living in the deep continental forests, convincing them to leave their ancestral homelands as the Fog started pouring from the cold lands in the north. Since you were a child, you were part of the biggest migration of the history, crossing through the forests, evading the Fog as it came close.

As Cenware kept leading the refugees army to the west, you finally arrive to the Black Mountains, and its biggest pass, held by the Aversarian fortress: the Northern Gate. It was crossed without bloodshed, as none was manning the gate, letting the tribes pouring into the Kathani province.
Indeed, the empire stopped to exist about a century ago, after suffering from a civil war wich saw the two most powerful magis of their generation face each other, using devastating spells that killed half of the imperial population (and probably caused the Fog too, for what you know). Since the dissolution of the empire, the former imperial territory is the battleground of various warlords, magis, ex-governors and legionary legates. Those in the Kathani provinces had no interest holding an unused fortification on the frontier... Until it was too late.

In the northern part of Kathani, Cenware sacked the Mayikprolollan, the empire's university to learn and study magic, looting its knowledge and earning his nickname "Witch-Breaker" along the way. While rampaging through Kathani, he fred the slaves, for the empire was a slave state, claiming Aversarian purity and superiority, while enslaving or destroying the rest.

Now, the Imperrech stays at a crossroad. Cenware won another brilliant victory at the Elysean Pass in southern Kathani, crushing the coalition of aversarian warlords and remnants, destroying any hope of recovery for the empire and opening the door to the Elezean peninsula, original homeland of Aversaria and holding the empire's former capital, Oraispol.
To the west is the northern Shattered Coast and its many, many islands big or small, all occupied by the aversarian insular cousins.
The Black Mountains keep going to the north, until it leaves place to the Chevalien peninsula and its Marcher Lords. For now, this strategic intersection is controlled by a peculiar aversarian warlord, which call himself the "Black Sun", leading a coalition of northern legions' remnants and native mountain barbarians.
To the east is the Northern Gate, and beyond that, the Foglands, and who know what inside.

The tribes are divided. Most want to stay in Kathani. A strong minority want to keep following Cenware into Elezean, while few others want to try their luck in the west or the north.

A) We stay and dwell in Kathani, it is for the best
B) Let's follow Cenware to the south. Elezean has good fertile lands
C) To the north! We will challenge this "Black Sun"
D) Let's take ships and move west. These many islands seems promising

« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 11:04:26 am by Ixarys »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMPOCALYPSE - Chief Tengor Khenbish of Kallvol Clan!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2023, 11:20:44 am »

B

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2023, 12:17:41 pm »

While most decide to settle in Kathani, and a few braves go west or north, you stick with Cenware and other Javolki and Partic tribes, heading south towards Elezea peninsula and Oraispol.

Early Spring 1300 IS

You lead the Kallvol clan through the Elysean Pass, through battlefield covered in (mostly) aversarian corpses. 

Spring 1300 IS

After a few months of monotonous travel, you finally face your first resistance: a ragtag aversarian army tries to oppose the Javolkis, under the banner of the "king" of Oraispol, along a few allied cities of the peninsula.
As their army seems in a really pitiful state, your allies, seasoned by a century of migration and the last few years full of battles, prepare for battle cheerfully, confident in their incoming victory.

Given the loose coalition working around Cenware, you are more than free for your next move.

A) Let's take part in the battle under the experimented guidance of Cenware
B) Ah! We will make a dashing maneuver to flank them, assuring none of them escape!
C) We cannot stay in the shadow of Cenware forever. Let's make a name for ourselves elsewhere

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2023, 03:03:29 pm »

B

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2023, 05:58:00 pm »

B

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2023, 09:44:43 pm »

A

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2023, 01:41:46 am »

B

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2023, 03:29:18 am »

You decide to take the initiative. Your warriors roar in expectation of getting covered of glory.

3 + 2 (Tengor martial skill) = 5

Despite not knowing the ground you are on, you make quick move, hiding yourself in the sparse forests and pastures of Elezea, before appearing from the side as the battle engages.

2 + 2 (Flanking Maneuver) + 2 (Cenware martial skill) + 1 (ragtag aversarian army) = 7!

While Cenware did not need any help to crush this weak army, you allow for a quicker end in this near one-sided bloodbath and ensure hardly a few of the aversarians will go back to their king to tell the story.
Recognizing your skills and audacity, Cenware praises your action, and offers to help you seizing the cities around, giving you the foundations of your kingdom should you choose to settle here.

While you need no permission from Cenware to settle anywhere, having his help while make the conquest both easier and cheaper, and it would not hurt to your prestige and legitimacy amongst Javolki to receive your territory from the legendary leader of the Imperrech…
This, however, does not let you the choice of your kingdom. It is quite strategic, as it is in the beginning of Elezea peninsula. Anyone who would wish to go to Oraispol will need to cross your territory.

A) I agree settling there with your help!
B) Actually no, I would prefer a land deeper inside the peninsula
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7