Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament VIII  (Read 50087 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament VIII
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2023, 12:51:00 pm »

Logan the Wolverine Man

Hello this is such an awesome idea! I am a new entrance and hope there are still spaces left! Let me know if I goofed up as well...

Logan the Wolverineman fights to avenge Jean the beautiful sorceress who has been captured by the evil emperor. Logan had been captured by the same evil emperor who had forced to drink a powerful elixir that gave him the ability to regenerate however drove him into a maddening bloodlust and amplified his rage. Logan attempts to fight his way through the brutal gladiatorial ranks and tales of his fearsome prowess and indomintable spirit spread like wild fire, reaching Jean's ears. Her heart clings to the hope that her beloved wolverine, now a slave, still existed within the violent shell he had become.

Comp Fighter   30
Talented Knife   105
L. Iron Daggers (2)   64
Lion Leather mask   5
Adequate Dodger   15
Lion Leather Armor   12
Lion Leather Leggings   7

Haha this is almost exactly the same as my wolverine man, Logem. Hope they don’t have to face each other!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

mightymike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2023, 01:08:48 pm »

Hahaha that’s hilarious. I will drink to the wolverine men! Good luck!

Asheeer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2023, 03:24:22 pm »

Hi I wanted to join the discord but the link has expired could I get a new one

Mkhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2023, 04:01:44 pm »

Logan the Wolverine Man

Competent fighter is 18 points, but you paid 30, so I'm assuming you want Skilled? if that's the case, approved with 2 points remaining.

The link in the document hub has been updated to a permanent one.

mightymike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2023, 04:08:06 pm »

Yes thank you for the adjustment!

mightymike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2023, 04:18:24 pm »

Logan the Wolverine Man

Competent fighter is 18 points, but you paid 30, so I'm assuming you want Skilled? if that's the case, approved with 2 points remaining.

The link in the document hub has been updated to a permanent one.

Yes thank you for the adjustment. I think I posted the response in the correct place now. This is new to me....

Salvadaddy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2023, 05:38:15 pm »

I just registered to bay12 for this event, so sorry if this reply is formatted odd or anything

I wish to register [Prickle Rick]

Race: Echidna Man
Starting Points: 245

Equipment:
Iron High Boots -20
Iron Helm -24
Iron Mail Shirt -48
Feather Wood Buckler -23
Iron Spear -40

Skills:
Competent Dodger -30
Competent Shield User -24
Novice Armor User -2
Novice Discipline -3
Competent Spearman -30

Excess Points: 1

I'm not great with lore, but Prickle Rick wishes to enter the arena to prove to the world that echidna men have just as much fighting prowess as any dominant race!

SlitherPapi

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Committee
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2023, 05:43:07 pm »

I just registered to bay12 for this event, so sorry if this reply is formatted odd or anything
I wish to register [Prickle Rick]

Your wish is granted, approved with 1.5 points remaining!

Boofy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2023, 07:17:22 pm »

Name:Boofy

Race:Ant Man (drone) 280

Equipment
platinum pick -104
Wood Shield -45
Copper Breastplate -25

Skills
Competent Shield User -24
Competent Dodger -30
Skilled Hammerman -50

Lore: Tired of the flak the bees men were giving him for being able to fly and not sting he is here to show some real pain from the skies.

2 points remaining
give me the basic clothing set

SlitherPapi

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Committee
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2023, 07:33:53 pm »

Name:Boofy

Approved with 2 points remaining!

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2023, 08:38:52 pm »

... you know, I only just realised that the core tournament document (and presumably its older iterations from the earlier reddit tournaments too) actually has an attribution to my account here for when I did a half-ish tournament's worth of fight matchup commentary posts about 8 years ago. God, has that been there the whole time?

Cut-More-Supreme

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2023, 07:54:18 am »

Name: Marmota Monax
Groundhog Man - 250 points

Equipment:
Black-bronze pickaxe -52
Copper helm -15
Copper gauntlets -10
Copper high boots -12.5

Skills:
Proficient Hammerman -75
Skilled Dodger -50
Competent Armor user -12
Adequate Discipline -9
Adequate Fighter -9

Lore: “These dwarves have dug far too deep, now I’m going to show them what comes with unrestrained greed”

Marmota is a proud miner from the Groundhog kingdoms far to the south. His peoples’ burrow had stood for centuries as a bastion of happiness and simple living. Marmota lived contentedly with his Groundhog woman wife (Marmalade) and 8 Groundhog children, until the clowns came.

Horrifying demons boiled up from a side passage that was close to a thought to be a defunct dwarven fortress… but obviously the curse of their ambitions had stayed long after the few survivors had sealed the entrance. The demons trapped below with nothing to sate themselves but long dried bones expanded secret passages and found their way into Marmota’s burrow.

None of Marmota’s family survived, but he did. With his stained black-bronze pickaxe he travels to the tournament to take revenge against those Adamantium obsessed dwarves whose greed is what really killed his family.

“Father to 8 murdered Groundhog children. Husband to a murdered Groundhog wife. I will have my Groundhog revenge.”

BlackGriffin23

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2023, 08:55:09 am »

Name: Sylvia Welernay

Skills:
Adequate Axewoman: 18
Competent Dodger: 30
Novice Observer: 3
Adequate Armour User: 6
Novice Discipline: 3
Total: 60

Equipment:
Copper Halberd: 35
Iron Helm: 24
Iron High Boots: 20
Iron Gauntlets: 16
Iron Mail Shirt: 48
Linen trousers and tunic: 0
Scarlet-dyed silken cape: 0
Total: 143

Overall: 203
Points remaining: 7

Biography: The Scarlet Empire, located to the west of the Arena, is the dominant nation of the continent it was born on. Encompassing many lands and races, it had always been known for its rampant militarism and oppression towards its conquered peoples; and although in the latest years the latter part of its infamy had been receding thanks to the radical reforms of Emperor Harold III and the shift in public opinion brought about by the successes of one Alea Daybird, not only had the first one not been receding, but it might even have intensified.

Sylvia and her twin sister, Liselotte, were born as the eldest children of House Welernay, once awarded a sizable portion of the Rushing Bay region called Gelara and a seat at the Council for their service in the conquest of the region. For a heiress of such a position, Sylvia was always rather demure and peaceful. Although she had received an education proper for her station, including military prowess, she had always been much more interested in history and arts rather than warfare or rulership - something that had stood out starkly in a might-obsessed Empire.

Still, she was an heiress, and her parents were not willing to disinherit her. When she and her sister turned twenty-one, they abdicated, desiring peace and quiet after their lives of service to Scarletians. Liselotte inherited the lordship of Gelara, a position that she was much more suited towards than her sister, while Sylvia became a councilor, aiding the Emperor in ruling the domain. For a few more years, life seemingly settled into a fine pace for Lady Welneray.

It was, of course, to everyone’s surprise when, after mere two years of service, Sylvia volunteered to represent the Scarlet Empire in the Great Tournament. Those who knew her noted that such an act was completely out of character for the lady. The reason for her decision, according to her own words, was her undying love for the Scarlet Empire; touched by her sincerity, Emperor Harold agreed to provide her with all armour that she required, even if Sylvia had refused a more functional weapon than her ceremonial halberd. And so she enlisted as a champion of His Majesty and all Scarletians, willing to spill blood to remind the world of the magnificence of the empire oft-forgotten by the oversea peoples.

Or so the story goes, at least. The more observant among the staff and the spectators can easily see the look of despair with which Sylvia signed the gladiator contract, her defeated posture and weakness in her knees as she walks through the Arena City and the fear with which she visits the tournament facilities. Yet, she has no choice but to fight and win if she is to survive Armok’s playground that she has found herself put into.

Appearance: She is slightly shorter than average. Her eyes are grey. Her moderately long red hair is arranged in a braid. Her face is oval. Her skin is slightly tan.

Mkhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2023, 11:00:01 am »

Name: Marmota Monax
Groundhog Man - 250 points

Checks out with 5.5 points remaining.

Name: Sylvia Welernay

Checks out with 7 points remaining

WholesomeShadow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2023, 01:42:39 pm »

Yetti soon to become spaggetti
Yeti -- 100 pts.

Unfortunately skilled dodger is 50 points, which puts you over your 100 point limit. Please adjust your points however you would like to be legal, and then we can approve your gladiator.

Changing skilled to competent.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33