Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The power of money  (Read 1793 times)

DwarvenSophist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The power of money
« on: June 23, 2023, 12:32:10 pm »

Have YOU ever gone to fight a hydra but find a bronze colossus instead? You have the skills to stomp a hydra but against this giant bronze golem you just don't have a weapon that does any damage?
This was exactly my situation.
But then a stroke of genius appeared and I made macgyver proud.
I took out my gold coins and started beating the golem with them in melee and throwing.
I have no doubt that this would have worked since the gold coins were fracturing it.
Unfortunately even though I was there for like more than an hour I didn't think to save.
Every time it had a chance to attack me it missed or was dodged and I was getting so bored I was just starting to not care about defending and started attacking way more trusting every incoming attack to miss. I eventually died.
Was getting careless and off guard why I died?

No...
The reason I died was because I was starting to get tired because of the fact that I was fighting the damn thing for an hour.
I saw I was getting tired and tried to see if drinking water would help, but I was already full because I filled up before I started fighting.
So I got nauseous and it got to hit me once.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The power of money
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 04:28:28 am »

That was an entertaining read.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 01:48:49 pm »

Me vs the moskito who thinks she can game me (she doesn't know I'm high on caffeine)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 02:18:56 pm »

I saw I was getting tired and tried to see if drinking water would help, but I was already full because I filled up before I started fighting.
So I got nauseous and it got to hit me once.

This just proves that instead of water one should drink booze. Water is dangerous for your health!