Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: The Perpetuals - Warhammer 30k (IC)  (Read 9225 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: The Perpetuals - Warhammer 30k (IC)
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2023, 11:44:19 pm »

Arril, having contacts among Tizca's scholars, will be asking around, simultaneously trying to see if he can get more information and details with which to establish a pattern, as well as spreading the word to take care.

Although he has his rifle, equipment for a closer-quarters fight would be helpful, so Arril also goes about acquiring a reasonably good pistol and a leather longcoat with a bullet-resistant lining; it may not be as effective as 'real armor', but it's significantly less conspicuous while investigating, and more things can be hidden inside.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2023, 08:36:02 am »

EVENT: There's something rotten in Prospero
Arril Votekka (Glass) and Alagar the Shipwright (Madman198237)

Prospero, 722M30

While preparing for their inquiry, Alagar puts his hands on an Industrial Sledgehammer (+10 in melee rolls) and a rudimentary Kevlar vest (+10 in combat rolls). Arril meanwhile gathers a rusty powder pistol (+10 in gunfights) and a Flak Coat (+5 in combat rolls).

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Through latent psychic persuasion, for Alagar, or through their scholar network, for Arril, the Perpetuals are able to gather clues on the suspicious disappearances. It seems that they mostly happen in the poorer districts of Tizca, striking homeless people and other social outcasts. The victims are either kidnapped or stunned before being quickly brought to an unassuming but derelict building in Tizca suburb.
The thefts, however, apparently follow no obvious pattern. Following a few suspicious fellows from said building, the stolen objects range from sensible security tech to the most benign construction tool.

Now that the Perpetuals’ duo have identified an apparent base of operations, what do they plan?

EVENT: The Exiles
Franciscus Primus (Fluffe9911)

Aprinia, 722M30

Franciscus came to Aprinia to find inner peace, and he found it. Life was quiet on this feudal world, cadenced by the work in the fields. Taking advantage of his immortality and the superhuman focus he had, Franciscus became a master both in plants and building, managing a farm all by himself. In peace and quiet, he had created his own botanic kingdom, in a lush region yet to be reclaimed by humanity.

One day, this monastic life was abruptly interrupted by a dozen of newcomers. It was not unusual for Franciscus to have visitors, in the form of traders or, more rarely, travelers, but these were different. They were former thralls, fleeing their harsh conditions from a nearby feudal society, and they were asking for shelter.

How does Franciscus reacts towards the refugees? Does he takes any precaution against them or their potential pursuers?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2023, 09:33:11 am »

Okay, we know the source of the operation, and we have access to security forces through the Cabal. And I have the best rifle to grace human hands on the planet, and probably further. I won’t help much up close, but I can absolutely provide support to a raid as a sniper.

Alagar, what are your thoughts?

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2023, 11:52:48 am »

Aprinia, 722M30

Franciscus came to Aprinia to find inner peace, and he found it. Life was quiet on this feudal world, cadenced by the work in the fields. Taking advantage of his immortality and the superhuman focus he had, Franciscus became a master both in plants and building, managing a farm all by himself. In peace and quiet, he had created his own botanic kingdom, in a lush region yet to be reclaimed by humanity.

One day, this monastic life was abruptly interrupted by a dozen of newcomers. It was not unusual for Franciscus to have visitors, in the form of traders or, more rarely, travelers, but these were different. They were former thralls, fleeing their harsh conditions from a nearby feudal society, and they were asking for shelter.

How does Franciscus reacts towards the refugees? Does he takes any precaution against them or their potential pursuers?
Hmm... Well... best to ask them some questions about exactly what they are fleeing from are they being actively pursued etc etc. If they aint being actively pursued then im happy to let them stay for as long as they like as long as they put the work in to earn their place otherwise if they are being actively pursued then ill let em stay long enough to rest and recover before sending them off with some food and hopes for good luck. Hopefully they are honest folk...

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2023, 09:05:24 pm »

Arrange a strike with Cabal elements of the local security apparatus or military or whatever. I'll accompany them and use my hammer and psyker powers to kill people.

What? I don't have time for your wishy-washy namby-pamby nonsense about not killing people with the arcane and treacherous powers of the Warp, I'm on a tight schedule!

We'll bring only the Cabal members to reduce the chances of a spy catching wind of the plan, and make the strike as sudden and surprising as possible. Speed and violence, the two most important assets to clearing a building. OK, so modern doctrine suggests deliberate room-by-room clearing rather than shock-and-awe but whatever.

I'll be of limited availability for most of the next week but I'll be checking in at least once a day as internet access allows. Don't expect much Discord discussion out of me but I'll keep the event moving.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2023, 09:46:25 pm »

Hmn...

The raid itself should be fast, but we need to make sure that our serial killer and grand larcener is actually there when we conduct it. So, let's set up the raid, but we shouldn't rush in immediately - what needs to be done is we should be ready to break in as soon as we know that the perpetrator is there.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2023, 03:03:07 pm »

Prospero, 722M30

Gathering a dozen of security guards loyal to the Cabal, Arril and Alagar start to watch the hideout. After a few hours, where they count half a dozen people, but no apparent leader, they decide to storm inside.

The raid goes flawlessly. While Arril covers the frontage, Alagar and his men storm inside, slaughtering the thugs who meekly try to defend themselves, to the point where the psyker does not even need to use his powers.
The otherwise unremarkable appartment is full of riched, which seem odd given the poor ressources of Prospero. More interestingly, amongst the mundane technology, some objects look like twisted human technology, melted with a revolting organic matter.
While everyone is busy searching the place, terrible screams suddenly come from the backroom. Arriving in the room, the Perpetuals discover one of the security agents rolling on the floor screaming, bitten away by some sort of acid. Another security’s corpse lays beside him, seemingly horrifically half-digested. 
The room itself is covered in a disgusting sticky blood, with little black unidentified matter, the size of a bullet scattered on the floor.
The door to the back is open. They can clearly see a hooded figure running away from the hideout. Fast.

What do the Perpetuals do?

Aprinia, 722M30

While the fleeing thralls are clearly terrified, they try to explain their situation as calmly as they can. They ran away after brutal abuse from their lord, pushing them to fight or flee. They chose the later solution.
As escaping thralls is a common occurence, they expect to be tracked by a hunt squad in the next days, but believe to have a few days ahead of them.

They are indeed right. They spend the next days recovering from their escape, mostly eating and sleeping. While they are disappointed for having to leave, they understand the risks they put on you and thank you for helping them.
Leaving early in the morning, you see five men on horses arriving to your farm in the afternoon of the very same day.
They ask if you have any informations on thralls who escaped a few days ago. They add that the owner lord has put a bounty on them, and would be very grateful to anyone who would help him capture them.

Does Franciscus responds anything?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2023, 03:33:19 pm »

While everyone is busy searching the place, terrible screams suddenly come from the backroom. Arriving in the room, the Perpetuals discover one of the security agents rolling on the floor screaming, bitten away by some sort of acid. Another security’s corpse lays beside him, seemingly horrifically half-digested. 
The room itself is covered in a disgusting sticky blood, with little black unidentified matter, the size of a bullet scattered on the floor.
The door to the back is open. They can clearly see a hooded figure running away from the hideout. Fast.

What do the Perpetuals do?
The target’s speed doesn’t mean much when you have this kind of rifle.

Bang. Through the legs. We may want to be able to question them, after all.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 03:49:27 pm by Glass »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2023, 03:41:49 pm »

Does Franciscus responds anything?
"Afraid not s'rry lads thy free to stayeth f'r dinn'r if thee all wouldst liketh oth'rwise i give you luck on thy searcheth." I then tip my straw hat and begin heading out to prep dinner regardless of their response
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 03:45:46 pm by Fluffe9911 »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2023, 06:27:07 pm »

If Arril’s  shot doesn’t stop the runner nonlethally a lightning strike ought to stop it dead. Hit it with Lightning Bolt if the shot doesn’t stop it.

If it does go down to the rifle round then run it down and use some gentle taps with a hammer to break all its limbs and ensure it doesn’t do anything interesting.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

jjffjhjf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2023, 01:58:20 pm »

Spend 10 years family focused. Having kids with my partner.
(not sure if I can train a skill alongside family focused? But if I can 10 points into Negotiation. From deciding whose staying up, whose changing the diaper, not to mention negotiation with the kids themselves.)
+1 to Charisma

Spend 10 years teaching our kids all they need to know. +10 to teaching skill
+1 Intelligence.

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2023, 04:02:57 pm »

Prospero, 722M30

Arril quickly and smoothly draws Star's Touch, aiming and expertly striking the target in the middle of its back. The projectile enters the body with ease, but the blood is a thick and heavy black oil.
While the hooded man does not seems bothered by the wound, it causes him to stop, turning back with a nauseating sucking noise.
Now facing them, the two Perpetuals can see the face of the mastermind behind this whole affair.

A face composed of hundreds of maggots.
With another suction, the Slaught charges.

With a revolting writhing, the Slaught jumps on Arril after a quick run, barely slowed down by the flood of bullets and shurikens aimed at him. Extending one of his arms twice its original length, the Maggot Man badly burns Arril on his elbow by its corrosive, necrotic mucus.
Fortunately, the Perpetual is saved from a gruesome death by Alagar, who move away the Slaught with a sledgehammer hit, followed by a much more conclusive lightning bolt.
Writhing even more, the Slaught attacks Alagar, who manages to grab (or at least touch) the arm of the Maggot man with its robe, and use its contact for his gravity hammer. Upon contact, he can feel through his psyker senses a cold and nefarious void where the soul should have been. Alagar cannot help but shivers in the middle of the fight.

Unfortunately, as the gravity hammer shreds the Slaught to dust, Alagar feels losing control on the Warp as its winds flow through his fingers. Out of control, Alagar can only watch helpless as the psychic winds eagerly rush towards him, ready to slash him... Until it suddenly disappears.
Somewhere in the galaxy, a distant relative of Alagar screams in pain as the aetheric winds cut through his body.

End of the event
Spoiler: Rewards (click to show/hide)

Aprinia, 722M30

The hunters cannot stay to rest, as they are busy tracking the thralls. They thank Franciscus and ride away.
Months later, he heards through rumors that they were unable to find the escapees, probably thanks to the lone farmer's help.
In the next years, a few of them come back to Franciscus to trade food. They thank you again for your help in the most decisive moment, and explain the place they founded became a beacon for fleeing thralls. You are remembered fondly by them.

End of the event
Spoiler: Rewards (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2023, 06:21:56 pm »

Amended end-of-turn sheet:
Spoiler: Arril Votekka - 730M30 (click to show/hide)

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2023, 10:27:05 am »

As some of you have asked what are the modifiers if recruiting for psykers or blank, here are they:
- For psykers: a /20 (or x0.05) modifier. Meaning that if your Sway total is 20 points, you can recruit one psyker per year. Rounded down in case of decimal, meaning you may need multiple years to recruit one psyker, depending of your skills and Charisma
- For blanks: a /50 (or x0.02) modifier. Rounded down in case of decimal

These numbers are not meant to represent actual psyker and blank distribution through population, but rather for game balance.

Organizations can search for psykers like a recruitment action, but won't be able to attract more than a handful of them per decade.
Recruiting blanks is even worse, and Perpetuals might have an easier time searching for them alone.
Note that your organization adopting a particular policy towards psykers and blanks (such as a no-psyker or pro-psyker) will impact your recruitment chance of them... Amongst other things.

Rules have been updated on that.

712M30, Terra: End of the Unification Wars. All of Terra is united by the Imperium of Man, with the notable exception of Boeotia, who receives 150 years of semi-autonomy before integration. Beginning of the Imperial Palace construction and of Terra's reconstruction. Destruction of the Church of the Lightning Stone, the last christian church.

730M30

Spoiler: Turn Validation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn Information (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 10:18:04 am by Ixarys »

cog_nito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2023, 11:29:55 am »

For the first 15 years of this 20 year turn Konstatin double trains Diplomacy to 20, for the next 5 years after that he double trains Legal Knowledge.

For Attributes his willpower and Intelligence both increase by 1 point in these 20 years

Furthermore I would also like some small events to be able to raise Persuasion and/or Rapport to 30. (Not sure what the limits are on how many of those you can have per turn, but if it's allowed then I would ideally like one such event for Persuasion, Rapport AND Diplomacy this turn)

Spoiler: Sheet M750 (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 03:37:35 pm by cog_nito »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9