Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: The Perpetuals - Warhammer 30k (IC)  (Read 9224 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: The Perpetuals - Warhammer 30k (IC)
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2023, 11:51:33 am »

Spoiler: Sheet 730M30 (click to show/hide)

Verus will spend the first decade focused on improving his Blacksmithing, spending the entire time training it to level 20. He will also gain +1 INT in the process. He directs his Guild to continue improving their industrial base, hopefully resulting in an industrial complex.

Spoiler: Sheet 740M30 (click to show/hide)

Verus spends a year picking up the basics of Power Armorsmithing (0-2).

He'll spend some time crafting personal power armor, built to protect him in combat and not interfere with his bionics. It is human-sized and high-tech, making it cost 250 crafting points. Verus's skills in Blacksmithing should apply, and it will improve his Armorsmithing skill. He should gain (20+20+(2)*2)*1.5*2=132 points per turn, completing it in 2 years. (Armorsmithing 0-2.)

He'll follow this with a matched set of two power swords, i.e. two Medium (or together, one Large), High Tech objects which should cost a total of (10*3*5=150) points. Verus should gain (20+20+(5*2)*1.5*2=150 points per action, which will only take him a year. This should train Bladesmithing to 6.

He spends four years training Armorsmithing from 2 to 10, and two more years training Toolmaking to 13.

He gains more Agility.
Spoiler: Sheet 750M30 (click to show/hide)
Requesting a personal event! Possibly to take Blacksmithing over 20.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 12:47:41 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2023, 10:31:31 pm »

Spoiler: Aria Ironheart 730M30 (click to show/hide)
(Airtight) Organisation Subaction: Recruitment

1 Year creating a branch organisation from Airtight, the Mercymen (Medium Organisation of 200~), an elite military force composed of the most gifted and trustworthy young survivors of the newly expanded Airtight. 9 Years Doubletraining alongside the newly formed organisation to make them capable as agile guerilla fighters (+10 Stealth, +4 Axemanship)

+1 to Strength

Spoiler: Aria Ironheart 740M30 (click to show/hide)
Airtight Organisation Action: Recruitment
Mercymen Organisation Action: Aid in Airtight’s Recruitment

Doubletrain Axemanship for 6 Years (+6), Doubletrain Evasion for 4 Years (+4).

+1 Strength
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 05:13:16 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2023, 05:12:52 am »

Spoiler: Rauny (click to show/hide)

Build an interface device for industrial or construction machines in the shape of a glove, called a Control Hand.  (Cost, 10*1.5 [medium object]*2 [scarce technology.]) 30 point cost.  Takes one year. (10*2 Machine tool engineering, +10 from the workshop.)  Gain one point in Controls and Instrumentation, from 0->1, for doing so.  As with all my inventions, publish the schematics in my journal.  This particular one is going to be made more of an artificial hand instead of a simple glove.

Spend 4 years training Music, from 2->10.
Invent a new musical instrument, using conventional and electronic devices, designed to use both normal operation and the Control Hand for effects.  Cost is 10*3 [Large Object]*2 [Scarce technology], or 60 points.  Takes 3 years at 20 points a year. (10*1 Machine Tool Engineering, + 1*2 Controls and Instrumentation + 10 Home Workshop points.)  Gain three points in Controls and Instrumentation taking it from 1->4

Call the instrument an Axe.

Spend one more year training Music, from 10->11.
Gain a point of Charisma, 8->9

Retire from the organization by shapeshifting into the next young popstar.  Have a missing hand for the Control Glove, and to be part of the musical movement.. you aren't useless if you're wounded or imperfect.
Buy some personal weapons, Rare tech level.  Something nonlethal for ranged like a taser due to having no skill in it.  Something reasonable for melee.

Spend the rest of the decade as the newest music phenomenon.  Goals are..

- See the rest of the star system.
- Influence society in favor of independant cooperation.  Work together, but think for yourselves, and accept no absolute ruler.  Hopefully it'll help technological development and help resist conquest, as well as encouraging the different colonies to specialize
- Encourage new artists to hit the scene.
- Create a shared cultural landscape.  They might be different political or develop in different ways, but they can share a culture despite that.
- Polish my music skills to 12, due to spending nine years actively playing music.

Writing 5, Editing 5, Publishing 5, Music 11, and Suborning 5 are all useful to these processes, as well as the new musical instrument integrated with the Control Glove.

Gain one Charisma to go to 9->10.

The Journal for technical advancement. (~15 members, 0 influence.) can continue doing its thing.  I don't run it anymore.

Also, Event?  I'm doing something unusual here.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 01:53:30 am by Devastator »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2023, 11:56:48 am »

Spoiler: Arril Votekka - 730M30 (click to show/hide)

3 years are spent teaching Prosperans about the things I know. Arril is not formally the leader of Prospero’s scholars, but he’s probably the person they all go to when they need a definitive answer for things. ([20 Teaching + 8 Charisma] * 0.5 Important * 6 Actions = 84, 84 + 18 = 102)
Arril suggests that a lot of research would be more effective if they had more and better equipment, setting the scholars on the path to start improving Prospero's level of technology; he also leverages some of his moderate pull within the Cabal to get some technology designs into the organization, or at least disseminated the principles upon which such designs worked.
A year is spent studying the stash of technology that was recovered from the Slaugth. This stuff is extremely advanced and outside the space of what Arril knows, and he wants to fix that. (Unknown skill reward.)
3 more years are spent learning the intricacies of Aeldari technology for the purpose of more effectively constructing both reproductions and other technology adapting its aspects. (+6 Eldar Tech)
To finish the decade, Arril does some more research into the general principles that underpin the most advanced technologies of the galaxy. (+3 High-tech crafter)

+1 Intelligence

Spoiler: Arril Votekka - 740M30 (click to show/hide)

At Alagar's request, Arril creates a set of armor like that of the Aeldari Mesh Armor, though aesthetically retaining more of a Prosperan influence; the project takes 4 years, after which he uses some of the leftover materials to further his in-progress shuriken pistol. (5 (human-sized) * 5 (Rare) * 10 = 250 points, 4 years * 2 (forgemaster) * (Psytech crafter 10 + Eldar tech 10 + High-tech crafter 13) = 264, armor complete, +14 points to shuriken pistol.) (+2 Psytech crafter)
Arril studies more about the contents and nature of the Warp for 3 years, so as to hopefully better ensure that the people of Tizca do not fall to any of the dark paths and pitfalls that abound. (+3 Warp Lore)
Finally, the last 3 years of the decade are spent teaching the scholars of Prospero - still endeavoring to raise the technological level of their home - about psychic technology, advanced technological principles from across the galaxy, and the principles upon which Eldar technology in particular functioned... and, perhaps most importantly, about how to protect themselves from the warp’s more dangerous contents.

+1 Willpower

Spoiler: Arril Votekka - 750M30 (click to show/hide)

An event to upgrade my Teaching skill would be appreciated. Given what I'm doing this turn, it would likely make sense to happen somewhere in the last three years of the second decade.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 12:09:38 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2023, 10:30:36 am »

Decade 1:
5 years: Continue crafting power hammer; ends at 162/300 and 10 levels in Heavy Melee Weapon Crafting.
5 years: Train the persuasion skill "Psychic Perception" to 10, using psychic power to discern things about people to make it easier to convince them. Possible extra use in spotting/examining sentient beings?

+1 Intelligence

Decade 2:
5 years: Finish crafting the power hammer. End with the "Ironbreaker", a psychically-imbued force hammer that causes additional damage much like a power weapon but is, of course, psychically imbued and powered by the user's own psychic power. The head has the sigil of a tree with roots of lightning carved into it, and the handle appears to be intricately carved wood.
2 years: Finish swaying the Geosync VIII Military Yard to 100. (6 + 10 + 10) * .3 * 4 = 31.2 more influence, leaving me just a hair over 100. Set them to working with the scholars/Arril on the project of improving tools. Presumably by borrowing from the knowledge imparted by Arril to the scholars.
3 years: train "Teaching" to level 6.

+1 Willpower

Spoiler: Alagar (click to show/hide)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2023, 02:37:09 am »

Willing to take any sort of custom events

740 M30:
Org Subaction: Recruit more people (target: 5k people) for 5 years, and for the next five years have them create a militia using the factory to manufacture equipment
+1 Charisma
Spend 1 years building Common Medium Structure Factory from 25/40 points -> 1 (year) * 12 (LowTech Crafter) * 2 (forgemaster) = 49/40, Factory is now complete!
Spend 5 years training factory construction bring it from 0 to 10
Spend 1 year training factory construction bringing it from 10 to 11
spend 3 years training melee skill from 0 to 6
Asking for event that allows armourer to go past 20

750M30
Org action: 5 years continuing to train and organizes militia, next 5 years spent recruiting (target 10k people)
+1 will
spent 7 years training factory construction from 11 to 18
spend 3 years crafting common great structure factory (or something like that) which is 200 points
3 years * 2 forgemaster * (12 lowtech + 2 specialized * (10 factory construction)) = 204 points
204/200 completed
Common Great structure factory completed!
Newly constructed factory is for use by Kingdom of the Forge to uptech and upgrade industrial base.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 05:30:00 pm by The Canadian kitten »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2023, 11:08:22 pm »

Sophie the Magical(?) Girl

Spoiler: 730M30 (click to show/hide)

Requesting an event to increase Social Stealth past 20.

5: Train Friendship and Manipulation. (0 -> 5)
5: Train Friendship and Determination. (5 -> 10)

So many decades have passed, but she remains the same, an eternal youth. Can anything change anymore? Everywhere humanity is the same story, over and over. Sophie is tired of the stagnation, terrified that her life will repeat the same show over and over, and it drives her to relate with humanity again, try to make things right.

Chess Club: Gain influence over the Atlantean SDF.
A previous war which ended in defeat for the moon caused Atlantis to be bound by a treaty limiting its military and technology. The SDF is a fairly large force, but is limited to relatively primitive weapons and has no voidships of its own.

Intelligence +1

Spoiler: 740M30 (click to show/hide)

1: Create Power: Soulfuel (Massive +5, Single +1, 25m +3 = 9 Int)
The target's soul is ground down and refined into pure psychic energy, resulting in true death and massively buffing the caster's next Power.

1: (Use Lunar Telepathy to) Create Organization: Lunar Coven
A loose gang or school of psykers, focused on mutual support and education to protect vulnerable minds from warp predators and the like.

8: Recruit 16 Psykers to Lunar Coven. (Friendship increases to 14)

Chess Club: Further influence over the Atlantean SDF.

Lunar Coven: Train members in Warp Lore.

+1 Intelligence.

Spoiler: 750M30 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 11:53:00 pm by Egan_BW »

random_npc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2023, 05:19:21 am »

fluff
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

actions double train, x10

Psytech Augmentation 0>10
warptech 0>5
Runeworking 0>5
int 9>10
miscast rolls
weekly curing of zombie infection of the populace of Airtight,10x miscast checks at effect 3.

second decade.

fluff

craft x6
crafting details
devlop psychihc power x4

state up will 9>10

weekly curing of zombie infection of the populace of Airtight,10x miscast checks at effect 3.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 05:15:02 pm by random_npc »

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2023, 08:15:36 am »

EVENT: Towards Unity
Konstatin Kurze (cog_nito)

Nostramo, 750M30

In the rotten cesspool that is Nostramo, Konstatin tirelessly honed is rhetorical skills. Few, however, in the population or in the elites, either heard of him, and the time to start practicing publicly might have come.
Options, are not lacking, since he could muster free, improvised (and a bit dangerous) public rallies. He could also get closer to an already powerful person, advising a governor or a noble. Or he could try to make a name for himself…

What does Konstatin do to get known through his speech?

EVENT: Fire and Steel
Verus Significatio (Chevaleresse)

Fringe world, 750M30

On a distant world, given rhythm by the slow tempo of low-tech, the forges of industry resounded. Technology was progressing, a fact that not everyone was pleased with…
One day, a gathering of representatives from various crafters’ guilds and federation found their way to Verus’ guild. Seeing him working with his robotic limbs, a few of them frowned and spitted on the floor.

"Verus Significatio, for breaking the economic balance on the crafting market, we require the closure of your guild, and all related industrial activities. Unless… You prove yourself worthy in a crafting contest, using only your skills and the equipment given for the competition."

How does Verus responds to the ultimatum?

EVENT: The Great Tour
Rauny (Devastator)

Tao Tie System, 750M30

Things were moving up in the Atlantis System. A new musical object, called an Axe because of its form corresponding to the eponymous weapon, was rapidly spreading through the system. A complex instrument, asking for the skillful use of both hands, the Axe was in the hands of a knowledgeable user able to deliver a fluid and harmonious sound.
It was only a matter of time before stars began to be known for their mastery in it. Rauny was one of them.
Little did their fans know that Rauny was also the inventor of the Axe, and planning through the musical instrument a far bigger societal project, beyond the beauty of its sound.

Rauny starts a tour to impact the Atlantis System’s society. What are her plans to influence the society, how does she targets the population / governments? Does she try to organize the new artistic movement created by the Axe?

EVENT: A most precious knowledge
Arril Votekka (Glass)

Prospero, 750M30

Following the Slaught event, Arril became a renowned scholar and teacher, enlightening generations of Prospero’s scholars (despite him suspiciously staying of the same age). After working for years with the intellectual people of Tizca, allowing further technological progress amongst other things, Arril feels the time is right to discuss one of the most important subjects in the galaxy. The Warp.

Arril must presents the Warp and its dangers to the scholars, without freaking them out. The vision he will give from it will heavily influence Prospero’s scholars interpretation of the Warp. What does he say about it?

EVENT: The Forges of Mancora
Aurelius Artifex (The Canadian Kitten)

Mancora, 750M30

On the medieval world of Mancora, one kingdom could be seen from further afar when compared to others. Or more exactly its smokes, for the workshops of the Kingdom of the Forge worked day and night. While few in numbers, the members of the kingdom, led by Aurelius Artifex, were known for their craft of unrivaled mastery, a fact not missed by their neighbors.
A day came were a delegation from the kingdom of Pytherium arrived, offering an alliance between them. Protection for the Forge, exquisite weapons and armors for Pytherium. They wanted to seal this alliance with an armor, an heavy armor fit for their king.

Does Aurelius accept, and if yes, how does he design the armor, does he give any features to it?

EVENT: Shrouded whispers and cloaked daggers
Sophie (Egan_BW)

Atlantis, Tao Tie System, 750M30

While the Atlantis System was swept by the Axe phenomenon, in the hushed palaces of the ocean moon, a far quieter game was being played.
Sophie’s Chess Club, the secret organization of nobility working for her, had found its first bump. A small but powerful and determined group of nobles not only refused to be part of the club, but opposed to it, resulting in a clash made of political humiliation, disgrace and even one or two disappearances.

How does Sophie and her group tackle this issue?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 12:41:24 pm by Ixarys »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2023, 08:24:53 am »

"Your demand is, quite frankly, complete nonsense, an absurdity only exceeded by the amount you've underestimated me." Verus turns from his forge with a sigh, limbs withdrawing into a housing that one might confuse for a sturdy backpack at first glance. "Were I a less patient man, I would consider killing you, but the blade is not the only answer for such rank idiocy. That, and it would dirty the floors further. Very well then, I will accept your challenge, on one condition. If I succeed, then you must surrender your craftsmen to me."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cog_nito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2023, 08:35:44 am »

Konstatin visits all the assorted gangs of Nostramo Quintus (Nostramo's capital hive where Konstatin lives in case you forgot) one by one, getting into their good graces (Rapport) and offering them his services (Persuasion) to act as a mediator of sorts (Diplomacy) for the establishment of a agreement between the various gangs of Nostramo Quintus to cut back on the constant gang warfare that plagues Nostramo Quintus and ultimately represents a net negative to the interests of the various gangs.

And so thanks to Konstatin's unrivaled oratory skills there may be some measure of peace in Nostramo Quintus, going a long way to endearing Konstatin to the general public of Nostramo Quintus and more importantly endearing him to the gangs of the hive city who due to their newfound relative lack of infighting, are suddenly in a far better position to compete with the many, many gangs of Nostramo's other hive cities

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2023, 11:01:31 am »

A little of A, a little of B, a little of C.

The first thing is, the Axe is a flexible instrument.  Since it's hooked up with an industrial controller, one can do the equivalent of running lightshows or doing DJ style remixes in live concerts with low amounts of support.  Or with the support of people separating those elements into new mixes.  Or in groups with other instruments.

At the same time, it can be integrated into more formal performances, such as soloists or as part of an orchestra.  There's a lot of room to play around with it.

Rauny tries to do more than one thing at once with it.  Do low performances for the masses, in clubs or theaters.  Do high performances as chamber music or soloists or for charitable or professional organizations.  Do both, with different styles and appropriate costuming.

Try to reduce the barriers between rich and poor, by showing them they can enjoy the same things.

Original thinking, influence, and independance is valuable and can lead to great things.  At the same time, cooperation and mutualism is also valuable.

Do songs on this topic, but don't be afraid to do the occasional sell out.  It's okay to do performances for the masses and performances for the elites, but.. always, always make it known that no exclusivity will be granted.  Don't perform for just one person or one group.

For organizing the group, I mostly want to help them communicate with each other.  Form groups to aid with band contracts.  Own their own musical innovations.  Get paid.  Help new artists arrive on the scene.  I would like to find a few people who agree with the philosophy of cooperative independance, and encourage them to help with the next generation.

And don't forget the Control Hand.  Widespread exposure to practical assistance for disabled people, as well as new methods of industrial control, deserve to be spread around the system.  It should help out, as well as providing a good base for charity performances.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2023, 09:37:41 pm »

Officially, Arril's lecture was of no greater or lesser importance than any other that week. Officially, the sole value of it would be the information conveyed within it, with Arril merely being akin to a dispenser of that information. Officially, Alagar, more used to directing shipbuilders than scholars, could have hosted the lecture and nothing would change.

Reality does not bother much with what is or is not official.

In practice, despite Arril's lack of psychic capabilities - usually a prerequisite for joining the (unofficial) upper echelons of Tizca's scholarly society - his knowledge of how to utilize psychic powers to create advanced technologies, his understanding of the mechanisms underpinning the use of psionics, and, most importantly, his skill at conveying this information to others in an easily-understood manner have all made him unquestionably the premier mind of the increasingly-shining city. Dissent is tolerated, but to admit that one does not even consider his positions is to mark oneself as a fool. And it is no secret that it is from Arril that the recent age of innovation sprouted, with many of the scholars putting their work into developing better ways to produce more advanced technologies happily attributing their inspiration to him.

It is with this in mind that one may see the truth of Arril's lecture, just now beginning.

"Welcome, everybody! Thank you all for coming today, I am honored."

Like many of his fellows, Arril was clad in undyed cloth garb; though the people of Prospero were beginning to become more prosperous, both the difficulty of producing dyes and Arril's own long example had discouraged ostentatious displays.

"I believe I may take it as given that all of us are familiar with psionics." Chuckles lightly sound around the room, and Arril grins. "Yes, that wonderous gift, which has allowed us to survive and, indeed, begin to prosper here. Surely, the field must be oversaturated if even I, without any personal capability in such things, may conduct research upon it." More laughter, but Arril's face becomes serious as he pulls himself to his full height.

"However."
The word silences the room, as the scholars turn their full attention to their host. The joking is over.
"For all that we rely on psionics, for all that psychic powers fuel our society and defend us from the Psychneuein, we understand remarkably little of how they work. How to train them, how to defend against them, those we have learned through practice, but the underlying principles have long evaded us. Until today."

A screen, previously unused, flickers to life. Prominently displayed at the top is a set of blueprints, as well as a picture of the tool they describe - an item resembling a telescope, albeit clearly distinct. Below them are an array of images, perhaps reminiscent of the view from inside a technicolor supernova.

"Many have described that they feel as though they are drawing their powers from someplace else. Today, I bring you proof it is so: images of the psionic plane, acquired with the psionoscope."
This is true, albeit somewhat misleading. Tizca's scholars would, given Arril's specialties, assume that the item was one of his own invention and creation. Instead, it was borrowed from the archives of the Cabal, a rather outdated model that would not be able to see especially clearly - a boon when sharp images of daemons may prove hazardous to one's mental health. Furthermore, it was designed with prior knowledge of the Immaterium's existence, rather than being designed to prove its existence. The introduction of the tool had been considered extensively before it was agreed to be deniable enough to be acceptable to spread.

"However, I have not been idle with this tool, as simple images, important as they may be, are not truly sufficient to convey the importance of this discovery. If all we could do with this new plane was look at it, it would be rather useless to us. No, I have studied the psionic plane. I do not bring only pictures, I bring you data, and with data, actionable knowledge." Accordingly, parts of this body of data replaced the prior images on the screen, although the head of the slide indicated that more complete details could be found in Arril's new research paper, already available at the standard distribution locations.
Here is where falsehoods creep in. Arril could use the psionoscope to gather this data, but it would take much too long, especially with his lack of psychic ability. Instead, the data was gathered by junior members of Prospero's Cabal cell, and while Arril certainly participated in studying it, he was guided by others with more knowledge of the Immaterium than he held. Despite this, he understood enough to teach others some of the underlying principles that would be helpful both in practical usage and in further research, and teach he did.

Wrapping up the explanation of the mechanisms by which the Immaterium functioned, however, Arril became solemn.
"Unfortunately, my lecture cannot solely be good news. All of us have lost friends to the Psychneuein. We know how they prey upon those who wield psionics. They are a blight upon our world. And forced to fight them daily for survival..."
The screen switches again, to one large image. The center is one of the same from earlier - what looks like the inside of a colorful supernova - but the borders have expanded. At the edges of the image are roiling masses, making the center look calm and plan in comparison. And as much as they are riots of color, they are also noticeably much darker than the center.
"...to only suffer from the Psychneueins, we have been lucky. The psionic plane is remarkably calm and stable within our solar system, but beyond it lies chaos."

And Chaos, but that could be further explained in time.

"Put simply, we are not properly prepared for what psionics would be like if we were to leave Prospero. Our knowledge and skills have been sufficient for us here, but we face little opposition when we compare our planar environment to the worlds beyond. And that is merely in the nature of the environment itself; just as we now know the Psychneuein reside at least partially in the psionic plane, it is not beyond reason to say that other things may reside in there, too. And to survive in the dangerous environments that exist beyond Prospero, they too must be extraordinarily dangerous." More than they could know.

Arril sighs. His audience is silent, worried. This is what lies beyond?
But then Arril looks up, smiling. It is not a happy smile, and indeed, is small enough to be difficult to perceive from a distance. It is a smile of determination.

"I understand that this may all sound bleak. We have seen beyond our home, and the worlds beyond are hazardous in the extreme. What we know today is not enough to pierce the darkness.
But we are not limited to what we know today."

Against his night-blue skin, Arril's golden eyes shine like stars.

"Knowledge ever begets knowledge, and today, we know more than we did yesterday. Tomorrow, we shall know more again. We have been revolutionizing the nature of industry, and the lives of all who call Tizca home. That is not going to stop, nay, it shall only grow from here! Every day that we learn, we learn how to learn, and we learn what else there is to learn. The psionic plane did not become as it is upon observation, it was already like this; now, we simply have the tools to learn about it. Now, we have the tools to learn how it works. There will be dangers, that is of no doubt, but so too are there opportunities. To be hasty would invite disaster, but to cease learning will kill us just as certainly.
This is only the beginning of our studies. There is so much to learn, more than we ever could have known before."

Eventually, they would be taught of the dangers of Chaos. When they have learned to control their powers, to control their selves. The Psychneuein were training, of a sort, to learn to protect one's soul from that which would prey upon it.

When those things were gone, then they could safely be taught.

Today, they know some of how the Immaterium works. Today, they know some of the dangers that reside within it. Today, they know more than they did yesterday.

Tomorrow, they would know more.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2023, 09:50:01 pm »

Sophie assures the club that this problem can be handled and organizes them into political action against their enemies. Mainly to keep them busy and from getting anxious. They don't have to know who I am or what I can do.

Do any of the Coven have skills applicable to this situation? Since this is set 750 and all. :D

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2023, 11:13:19 pm »

Does Aurelius accept, and if yes, how does he design the armour, does he give any features to it?

Aurelius does accept the proposal and alliance.

"Welcome sire, good king of Pytherium!"
He exclaims clearly happy of the attention that has found him, and considers the proposal of the armour.

"I have a change to make, one that benefits you sire, and your kingdom for time onwards,
for my people have the means to create the strongest of steel, able to survive many blows and yet not dent!"

He pauses and starts again

"But I am sure, sire that you desire the strongest of armours for arrows and spears to break upon your chest, so I will craft one that last for countless wars and ensure that for generations, you and your descendants will not die from any such blade. It will have the lustre of the sun above, inspiring your soldiers in the darkest of hours. All forged from alloys that any other blacksmith aside of me dreamed of."

He then picks up a sheet from a nearby table.

"Within this parchment, it contains what I shall create."

Basically what Aurelius wants to do: Average Human sized armour set, forged with the strongest of alloys that is in the average tech area, with a very thin layer of very shiny gold overlaid on top of the armour. Aim for about 20-25kg.
Gold on armour set is going to be used to engrave art of the history of the king and kingdom, for now start with a very basic tale about the king on the right shoulder pad, and have the King's engravers engrave other stuff they want.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 03:18:16 am by The Canadian kitten »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9