Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Roll to Tech - Turn 6: The Little Soldier That Could  (Read 7325 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Tech - Turn 4: It's War, Then
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2023, 06:54:12 pm »

With a ghostly moan John takes on an [Ethereal Form].
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Tech - Turn 4: It's War, Then
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2023, 03:22:39 am »

"If I find any paper, I'll be sure to let you know."
"Thank you, given the size of the place I'll need ever piece I can get a hold of."

"Good god there's a basement as well, at this rate I'll be here all year."
Follow the group upstairs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Tech - Turn 5: The First Casualty
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2023, 07:24:26 pm »

Turn 5: The First Casualty

Tower 1F

ATTACK THAT Samuel MacArthur.
(ERROR: 6!) ERROR grasps a new technique! With a single swing of his               , ERROR cleaves Samuel's clipboard—and several of his bones—in two! (4 damage)
[3 TP] Sunder: [Slashing] Bypass your enemy's guard with overwhelming force. Deals D+1 damage; destroys weak shields on a 4+, normal shields on a 5+, and strong shields on a 6+.

Follow the group upstairs.
Samuel limps away. He probably can't blame the homicidal maniac on the design of the Tower, but he'll be damned if he doesn't try.

Tower 2F

Drain the cannon on the right.
Pummel the Toy Cannon on the left
Joan uses Paint Splash on Toy Soldier C and D.
Use Quick Pointer on Techie Chan.
[Spray Blind] whichever Toy Cannon Obscuro isn't hitting.
Get behind some cover and fire my Plastic Rifle at one of the Toy Soldiers.
With a ghostly moan John takes on an [Ethereal Form].

Player Phase

(Obscuro: 1!) Toy Cannon B grasps the secret of Obscuro's attack! The cannon appears to be inanimate, i.e. bereft of life, i.e. absent of anything that Drain could drain. (B-Dark: -1 damage from Dark attacks.)

(Jean-Jean: 3) Jean-Jean hasn't seen Techie in action, so his advice consists of a series of half-assed generalities. Still, it's good enough for Quick Pointer to take effect!

(Techie: 5!) Techie Chan grasps a new technique! He unleashes a flurry of punches on the hapless cannon! (...6) His punches break off six huge chunks of plaster, but the cannon still stands!
[5 TP] Knuckle Blitz: [Unarmed] Beat down an enemy with woodpecker-like blows. Uses the higher of two rolls.

(Joan: 5, 4) Joan swipes her brush, sending a wave of paint toward two hapless toy soldiers! (5 damage, 4 damage) The coat perforates both of them with countless holes, bringing them down for good! One drops a Life Liquer, the other nil.
- Life Liquer: [Consumable] Restore 10 HP.

(Gabbie: 2) Gabbie isn't quite sure how to blind something without eyes, or a face, or sensory organs of any sort. She tries spraying the muzzle, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

(Iden: 1!) Toy Soldier A grasps the secret of Iden's attack! The Toy Soldier laughs! (Well, it clacks; that's the only sound it can make. But it's a mocking clack.) It's been practicing with this model since its fabrication; it's not going to be hit by some upstart who only picked one up last turn! (D-Pierce: Dodge Pierce attacks on a 3.)

(John: 2) John concentrates all his ghostly energy and pushes it inward, turning himself intangible for... one turn. Wow. He's going to get so much shit for this at the next Phantom Joust.

Enemy Phase

(Toy Soldier A: 2) Toy Soldier A fires Toy Cannon A at Techie, who's still standing in front of it. He misses. Don't ask how.

(Toy Soldier B: 5) Out of either rage for the killer of his comrades or a desire not to repeat Toy Soldier A's mistake, Toy Soldier B aims further afield, at Joan. A huge marble emerges from the barrel, strikes Joan in the chest, and pierces straight through her torso (6 damage). Joan has died! Her Big Brush, Element Palette, and Plaster Rifle fall to the floor. She may respawn at the base of the Tower or create a new character.

(Toy Soldier E: 1!) Jean-Jean grasps the secret of Toy Soldier E's attack! He stylishly catches the bullet between two fingers. Hey, that might work on other weapons too! (D-Pierce: Dodge Pierce attacks on a 3.)

(Toy Soldier F: 1!) Iden grasps the secret of Toy Soldier F's attack! Using his knowledge of machines, he predicts the exact moment Toy Soldier F's rifle will fire and takes cover shortly before it. (D-Gun: Dodge Gun attacks on a 3-4.)

(Toy Soldier G: 2) Toy Soldier G brooks no interference with his precious cannons! He fires on Gabbie, but she ducks under the cannon at the last moment.

(Toy Soldier H: 6!) Toy Soldier H grasps a new technique! He braces his rifle against his shoulder and shoots Norumas in the head for 7 damage! Norumas has died! His Mistletoe falls to the floor. He may respawn at the base of the Tower or create a new character.
[3 TP] Steady Shot: [Gun] Brace your gun before firing. Deals D+1 damage and never misfires.

John Doe fades back into the physical realm. Techie Chan loses his T-Charge. Techie Chan's fists glow with critical power! Toy Soldiers E and F are rolling a fresh pair of marbles toward the cannons!

Toy Soldier A: 4/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt, D-Pierce
Toy Soldier B: 4/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier C: 0/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier D: 0/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier E: 4/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier F: 4/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier G: 4/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier H: 4/4 HP, 3/3 TP | Steady Shot | D-Blunt
Toy Cannon A: 6/12 HP, 0/0 TP
Toy Cannon B: 12/12 HP, 0/0 TP | B-Dark

Unclaimed Items: Life Liquer, Big Brush, Element Palette, Plaster Rifle, Mistletoe

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
(35) Nothing happens.

Tip: Techs that roll multiple dice, like Paint Splash and Knuckle Blitz, can only spark new techs on the first.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 07:42:49 pm by Elephant Parade »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2023, 07:44:29 pm »

"OoOh shiiit" John sighs, guess he can futiley swing his ghost sword at a toy soldier.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2023, 07:49:43 pm »

Use [Spray Blind] on Toy Soldier H!

"This isn't good!"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2023, 07:55:32 pm »

FOLLOW THAT Samuel MacArthur,
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2023, 08:17:06 pm »

"This is sub-optimal. I must withdraw."

Pick up the items dropped by the dead and go to the SHOP to sell them off for a heal.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2023, 08:31:33 pm »

"Sub-optimal you this children's toy." Techie Chan smiles a rougish grin and pummels Toy Cannon B with Knuckle Blitz!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2023, 09:31:45 pm »

Seeing a chance, Iden rushes at Toy Soldier H immediately after Gabbie Blinds it, and pummels it with his Plastic Rifle.  *fap*  *fap*  *fap*  *fap* *fap*

Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2023, 10:14:56 pm »

Jean-Jean was very annoyed that one of the soldiers had the temerity to shoot at him when he was just innocently hanging back giving advice! Such a deed could not go unpunished.

"You must be losing your marbles if you think you can kill the great Jean-Jean Kick so easily! Let me help make sure that one doesn't get away from you!"

Grab Toy Soldier E's head from behind and smash it into the marble it's rolling.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2023, 03:26:23 am »

"Oh god what the hell is that!"
Stab that weird thing that attacked me with my pencil!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2023, 11:22:32 am »

Respawn. Death is apparently not the end.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Tech - Turn 6: The Little Soldier That Could
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2023, 05:00:22 pm »

Turn 6: The Little Soldier That Could

Tower 2F

FOLLOW THAT Samuel MacArthur,
"OoOh shiiit" John sighs, guess he can futiley swing his ghost sword at a toy soldier.
Use [Spray Blind] on Toy Soldier H!

"This isn't good!"

Pick up the items dropped by the dead and go to the SHOP to sell them off for a heal.
"Sub-optimal you this children's toy." Techie Chan smiles a rougish grin and pummels Toy Cannon B with Knuckle Blitz!

Seeing a chance, Iden rushes at Toy Soldier H immediately after Gabbie Blinds it, and pummels it with his Plastic Rifle.  *fap*  *fap*  *fap*  *fap* *fap*

Jean-Jean was very annoyed that one of the soldiers had the temerity to shoot at him when he was just innocently hanging back giving advice! Such a deed could not go unpunished.

"You must be losing your marbles if you think you can kill the great Jean-Jean Kick so easily! Let me help make sure that one doesn't get away from you!"

Grab Toy Soldier E's head from behind and smash it into the marble it's rolling.
"Oh god what the hell is that!"
Stab that weird thing that attacked me with my pencil!

Player Phase

(ERROR: -) ERROR crashes the party!

(Obscurus: -) Obscurus scoops up the Life Liquer, Mistletoe, Big Brush, Element Palette, and Plaster Rifle and flees the battlefield.

(Techie Chan: 3, 5) [Knuckle Blitz -> Toy Cannon B] Techie unleashes another Knuckle Blitz on the helpless cannon! Armed with new knowledge, he pummels its weak points, breaking it apart with his bare hands (10 damage)! 4 GP is left among the rubble.

(Gabbie: 1!) [Spray Blind -> Toy Soldier H] Toy Soldier H grasps the secret of Gabbie's attack! Gabbie coats Toy Soldier H's eyes in spray paint, but it pulls out a brush and palette and paints them back on. What a cheater! (I-Blind: Immune to Blind.)

(Iden: 1!) [Attack (Rifle Bash) -> Toy Soldier H] Toy Soldier H grasps the secret of Iden's attack! With its new and improved eyes, the Toy Soldier has no trouble avoiding Iden's swing! (D-Blunt evolved into D-Blunt+: Avoid Blunt attacks on a 3-4.)

(John: 5) [Attack -> Toy Soldier B] Horizon's mighty swing cuts Toy Soldier B clean in two (5 damage)! It drops 2 GP.

(Jean-Jean: 6!) [Attack -> Toy Soldier E] Jean-Jean grasps a new technique! Jean-Jean smashes plaster against glass, shattering both to pieces (10 damage)!
[3 TP] Table Crasher: [Unarmed] Slam an enemy into a nearby surface, dealing D+? damage. The harder and closer the surface, the larger the damage bonus.

(Samuel: 5) [Attack -> ERROR] Samuel jabs ERROR in a fleshy-looking clump of static, dealing 5 damage. ERROR explodes into particles, leaving                            behind! ERROR has died! They may respawn at the base of the Tower or create a new character.

Enemy Phase

(Toy Soldier A: 6!) [Attack (Plaster Rifle) -> Techie] Toy Soldier A grasps a new technique! None too happy about the destruction of its neighbor's cannon or the prospect that its own might be next, Toy Soldier A steps forward, presses its rifle against Techie's head, and fires! The results are all too predictable (9 damage). Techie has died! He may respawn at the base of the tower or create a new character. His Tech Tonic falls to the floor.
[3 TP] Point Blank: [Gun] Press the muzzle against a foe and blast away. Misses on a 3; D+4 damage.

(Toy Soldier F: -) Toy Soldier F loads the remaining cannon...

(Toy Soldier H: 4) [Fire Cannon -> Iden] ...just in time for Toy Soldier H to fire it! He targets Iden. The cannonball sails toward him... [D-Gun!] But Iden, who saw its barrel turning toward him before it even fired, rolls out of the way at the last moment!

(Toy Soldier G: 2) Toy Soldier G reloads, having politely delayed its turn so as not to interrupt the series of events involving the cannon. Thank you, Toy Soldier G.

Toy Soldier A: 4/4 HP, 3/3 TP | Point Blank | D-Blunt, D-Pierce
Toy Soldier B: 0/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier C: 0/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier D: 0/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier E: 0/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier F: 4/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier G: 4/4 HP, 3/3 TP | D-Blunt
Toy Soldier H: 4/4 HP, 3/3 TP | Steady Shot | D-Blunt+, I-Blind
Toy Cannon A: 0/12 HP, 0/0 TP
Toy Cannon B: 12/12 HP, 0/0 TP | B-Dark

Unclaimed Items: 9 GP, ???, Tech Tonic

Techie feels the glow of feedback wear off is dead and can't feel anything. Toy Soldier F is going for another marble!

Outside the Tower

Respawn. Death is apparently not the end.

Joan reappears sans armanents at the base of the Tower just in time to see Obscurus sprint by. Hey, he has all her stuff!

Shop

Obscurus enters the shop. It's a homely corner store with a counter on the far wall, a row of gachapon machines on the near wall, and assorted shelving in between. Behind the counter are its two keepers: an elderly man who sells items and an elderly woman who teaches spells.

The man takes the items, but hands everything other than the Life Liquer back -- he doesn't deal in stolen goods. He gives Obscurus 3 GP for the potion. Now, if Obscurus needs healing, the man suggests a Life Liquer. They're only 5 GP each!

Spoiler: Item Shop (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic Shop (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

(11) Nothing happens.

Tip: You can't enter the Tower on the turn you respawn, but you can perform other actions.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 07:15:30 pm by Elephant Parade »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2023, 05:20:51 pm »

Suggest that the owner give me my potion back or else I'll heal using Conversion. Either way, heal up.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2023, 05:27:30 pm »

"You'd think this would work better on painted enemies!"
[Heart Tag]! Let's show those toys how to paint!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7