Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll to Tech - Turn 6: The Little Soldier That Could  (Read 7350 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Tech - Turn 2: Revenge of the Nutcracker
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2023, 07:52:02 am »

While outside the tower, T-Charge(Sorry if I failed to submit an action.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 02:00:55 pm by TricMagic »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2023, 01:22:34 pm »

While outside the tower, double T-Charge(Sorry if I failed to submit an action.)
You can only use one tech per turn!

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2023, 06:13:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jean-Jean looks around the room in disapproval, then plops down in one of the chairs, legs crossed, and starts ranting at the Toy Soldiers. "What kind of stance is that, legs locked together? Are you to try to kill someone, or are you waiting in line at a chestnut stand? And the way you hold your rifles - so stiff, so wooden! And no, being made out of wood is not an excuse! I've seen toys made out of lead more nimble than you two! And what's with shooting people in the thigh, huh? If it was just one of you, I'd assume it was a mistake, but both of you shot there like you were intentionally aiming for that! Do you think people's hearts are located in their thighs, huh? Is that the kind of nonsense they teach in toy soldier academy these days?"

Demoralize the Toy Soldiers by critiquing their combat ability.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Tech - Turn 3: The First of Many
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2023, 06:19:46 pm »

Turn 3: The First of Many

Outside the Tower

[] Samuel MacArthur
(ERROR: 5)                                                      ! But just as                                      ,                . Seems that                                                             on players...

"At this rate I'll run out of paper before I even get a fourth of the way through this thing."
Make my way inside the tower.
Samuel ignores the eldritch abomination trying to kill him and enters the Tower. There's nothing in the book about animated toys, an omission the next revision will surely correct, but those rifles they're brandishing are certainly unsafe!

While outside the tower, T-Charge(Sorry if I failed to submit an action.)
(Techie: 2) Techie strikes his best anime pose and powers up. He gains one turn of T-Charged.

Tower 1F

Stab Toy Soldier A! Before anyone else can!
Joan whacks at one of the Toy Soldiers with her big brush.
Iden rushes at the Toy Soldier that injured him and knocks it to the ground.  He then repeatedly attacks it with his Wrench! *fap* *fap* *fap* Over and over, again.
Jean-Jean looks around the room in disapproval, then plops down in one of the chairs, legs crossed, and starts ranting at the Toy Soldiers. "What kind of stance is that, legs locked together? Are you to try to kill someone, or are you waiting in line at a chestnut stand? And the way you hold your rifles - so stiff, so wooden! And no, being made out of wood is not an excuse! I've seen toys made out of lead more nimble than you two! And what's with shooting people in the thigh, huh? If it was just one of you, I'd assume it was a mistake, but both of you shot there like you were intentionally aiming for that! Do you think people's hearts are located in their thighs, huh? Is that the kind of nonsense they teach in toy soldier academy these days?"

Demoralize the Toy Soldiers by critiquing their combat ability.
(Obscuro: 4) Obscuro finishes off Toy Soldier A with a Sacrifical Knife to the neck. It crumples to the ground and deanimates. A red rune appears on the base of the blade! (Drop: 6!) Toy Soldier A drops its Plaster Rifle.
- Plaster Rifle: D+0 damage. Ranged. Misfires on a 2 (self-damage). Must be reloaded after use.
Wow, this thing sucks!

(Joan: 6!) Joan grasps a new technique! The bristles of her brush strip the paint—and life!—from Toy Soldier B (4 damage), leaving the latter at 0 HP and the former with a fresh coat of Pierce Paint. (Drop: 6!) Oh boy, just what everyone wanted: another Plaster Rifle.
[1 TP] Soak Up: [Undipped Brush] If this kills an enemy, your Brush gains one coat of paint.

(Iden: -) Iden smashes the fallen Toy Soldier to pieces for good measure.

(Jean-Jean: -) Faced with JJ's sick burns, the Toy Soldiers would be rolling in their graves, had they any.

The battle is won! Obscuro feels a little wiser (+1 TP). Iden feels a little tougher (+1 HP). Joan feels a little tougher (+1 HP). The stairway to 2F beckons...

Unclaimed Spoils: Plaster Rifle, Plaster Rifle

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Tip: You can move up or down any number of floors in one turn so long as nothing gets in your way. You can perform actions, including techs, at any point of your move prior to entering combat. (Example: If there's a monster on 3F, you can drink a potion and then move to 3F, but you can't move to 3F and then attack it in the same turn.)

Informal poll: should action order be randomized? Right now I'm just going in post order, but as you can see above, that isn't always fair to people who post later.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 07:44:35 pm by Elephant Parade »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2023, 06:33:43 pm »

Pick up a rifle and go up floors until I run into something to kill.

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2023, 07:05:18 pm »

((I'm not fussed either way on action order. If I take the rifle, am I abandoning my brush?))

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2023, 07:20:38 pm »

Spoiler: Gabbie (click to show/hide)

Take up my spraycan and ascend the Tower!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2023, 07:22:02 pm »

((I'm not fussed either way on action order. If I take the rifle, am I abandoning my brush?))
Nope. You can carry as many items as you like.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2023, 08:12:58 pm »

Name:Norumas
Class: Druidic Demonologist
HP: 5
TP: 6

In?
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2023, 08:16:00 pm »

Name:Norumas
Class: Druidic Demonologist
HP: 5
TP: 6

In?
Sure. You can also submit an initial action (e.g. "climb the Tower with the rest") if you want.

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2023, 08:20:13 pm »

((Slight preference for action order to be randomized for the purposes of MORE CHAOS.))

Hmm, there now appeared to be two ways forwards; the stairs or the elevator. If the latter was trustworthy and operable, it could be a useful way to leapfrog the trifling combats of the lower floors and get straight to more worthy opponents; but that was a big 'if'.

Turning to Samuel MacArthur, Jean-Jean says, "Hello there! You're some sort of official tower-inspector, yes? I have no doubt that you'd need but scratch the surface of that elevator over yonder to find a veritable bouquet of violations festering underneath."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2023, 08:28:34 pm »

The elevator's doors are taped shut. A notice taped to the front reads, "OUT OF ORDER — PLEASE USE STAIRS."

Counterfactual

• Bay Watcher
  • But what if...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2023, 08:52:11 pm »

Jean-Jean observes the notice. Disappointing but not unexpected! "...for instance, that sign is only written in one language. A clear deathtrap for any foreigners."

Advance up the stairs.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 09:18:33 pm by Counterfactual »

Maxine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2023, 09:10:38 pm »

Joan looks briefly at her work approvingly before taking the plaster rifle of questionable artistic merit and proceeding to the next floor.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2023, 09:56:36 pm »

FOLLOW THAT Samuel MacArthur, ATTACK THAT Samuel MacArthur.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7