Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Mages of Mass Destruction! RTD edition [Full,Turn 4]  (Read 5963 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Mages of Mass Destruction! RTD edition [Full,Turn 3]
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2023, 09:45:24 pm »

Not sure how busy this weekend will be so turn up latest Monday if everything goes to plan
I'm gonna be taking it easy for the long weekend.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

SCREE

• Bay Watcher
  • Delicious Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2023, 07:07:30 am »

Take aim with wand #1, let’s see if I can blow this thing’s head off.

5 - You deal 9 damage as two shining bolts of purple blue energy shoot out the point of the wand. They arc through the air and hit the creature as it falls to the ground, dead.

You spy two more of the creatures in the brush on the other side of the clearing. Your trained mage skills killed this creature with such deadly, silent precision, that the two creatures have not noticed you yet. Try don't even notice one of their number has been killed.

Quirk triggered. You feel a warm wooziness come over you, and hiccup.

gain 10 XP for the kill.
Gain 25 XP for firing a new Wand.
Ongoing: 75 XP may be granted if you can correctly identify this wand's Quirk Effect and Target. A bonus 50 XP will be granted if you can determine this wand's Quirk Duration.

Effect of Quirk:
Target of Quirk:
Duration of Quirk:

"Nothin, you're good."
Walk away before he gets involved with me, and make my way over to the quest board to see what it says.

3 - "oi, don't walk away from me, it's rude" he cussed, staggering. You see his shoulders shudder as big fat tears well up in his eyes. "Evryones always walk'n way from me"

Terra grabs all the things! Except the gnomes, she leaves them to their business.
She also takes 6 wands. Gotta keep things tidy.

"Thanks Carl! Say, do you like to partay?"
She puts on the yellow boots. Always good to be protected from mud and electricity!

"Alright boys where we droppin'?!"
Follow after Mark!

5 - The yellow boots look fabulous on you as you catch up with Mark. He seems to be on the verge of either an altercation or therapy session with a big burly drunk man, whose boots are not as fabulous as yours.

Look inside the middle cave entrance, if those turnips attack, fire all 18 wands at them, preferably all at the same time

[ERROR: due to the limitations of the GM's poor braincells only One Wand may be used to fight at a time. Wands may also be dualwielded, firing two simultaneously, but the second wand's firing will incur a 1d6 Roll. When firing multiple wands successfully, both wand's quirks will trigger. Dual wield at your own hilarious risk]

You enter the Dungeon of Dega'da'dremamore through the Turnipmen entrance.

You enter an archway of braided roots, once ornately woven but now gnarled and caked with mud. Strangely the cave is rectangular, with finely carved flagstones that are broken from age. Roots crisscross through the ground. You spot vibrant colours on the mudcaked, root covered flagstones. Sunlight streams in from the archway behind you. Large muddy footprints lead to an ornate door in the North wall. before you stand four Turnipmen - two taller ones either side with spears, two small plump ones between them.

[Reaction Roll - 6/12 - Confused]

2 - You reach for your 18 wands but fumble, dropping half a dozen to the ground. The Turnipmen turn and look at you quizzically, if smushed vegetable faces can look quizzical. They chirp merrily to each other as one of the four picks up one of the wands on the floor. They seem to be on their guard, but not necessarily aggressive yet.

Investigate those strange tracks.

4 - You've never quite seen tracks like these before. They are small pinprick holes, not like hoof or feet at all. Bidepal, at least, but the tracks don't get very deep into the ground so you assume the creatures are quite light. There are alot of them, almost like a small squad of creatures, leading to the West. It looks like they were dragging something behind them - large, perhaps a human? A small piece of vine, braided like a rope, is caught on the rough bark of a nearby tree.

The arguing voices coming slightly north of you are getting louder, they're coming towards you with an eastward tilt.

Then put on the hat of vermin and look around crates for tent or something that could be used as a tent.

2 - Alas, you find nothing among the crates that you could use for that.

grab six wands and follow the group

((Sorry!  I haven't been on in a while.))

5 - You catch up with Mark and Terra as you pocket the wands.

SCREE

• Bay Watcher
  • Delicious Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2023, 07:07:58 am »

Sorry for the wait folks, his week got away from me. We are back to our regular scheduled programming.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Mages of Mass Destruction! RTD edition [Open! Turn FOO]
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2023, 12:58:58 pm »

He's... drunk?
Hell yeah! Party time!
"Hey, Mark! And uh, whassername, Haldus? You two can go check out the quest board, I'll catch up!"

She takes the drunk man's hand.
"Hey! Hey, it's not so bad, is it? Hey, look at my boots! Aren't they fabulous? You wanna talk? Oh hey, I got an idea!"
Conjure up a bowl of punch with nonalcoholic spirits to distract the guy from his woes. And maybe save him from a hangover later. Hydration is important!

Spoiler: Terra's Description (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2023, 04:40:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I check out the quest board she mentioned
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2023, 05:24:10 am »

"Hopefully some of this crap will come in handy."
Read over the travel journals and see if I can get any helpful info from them.
[/quote]
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2023, 11:36:09 pm »

"Thanks. I don't know how to handle this kinda thing."
Check out that quest board since I got rescued by Terra, once I'm done reading what's there I'll head back to her to make sure everything's okay.
she did bail me out of that after all
Spoiler: Mark (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2023, 01:28:37 am »

Pick up the dropped wands and make friendly gestures toward the turnips to hand back the other wand

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Mages of Mass Destruction! RTD edition [Open! Turn 2]
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2023, 06:12:42 am »

Take aim with the same wand, is it going to make me Hiccup again? or is it making me Drunk?
Spoiler: Name's Description (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2023, 07:27:55 pm »

Check who those voices are. Perhaps they'd be interested in aiding my search, if not for the money, then for the alcohol.

Spoiler: Connie (click to show/hide)

SCREE

• Bay Watcher
  • Delicious Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2023, 07:41:04 am »

He's... drunk?
Hell yeah! Party time!
"Hey, Mark! And uh, whassername, Haldus? You two can go check out the quest board, I'll catch up!"

She takes the drunk man's hand.
"Hey! Hey, it's not so bad, is it? Hey, look at my boots! Aren't they fabulous? You wanna talk? Oh hey, I got an idea!"
Conjure up a bowl of punch with nonalcoholic spirits to distract the guy from his woes. And maybe save him from a hangover later. Hydration is important!

6 + 1 from specialty - this is the most delicious, partytastic brew the man has ever tasted! His eyes clear and he stands a little taller. "They are amazing boots. My wife would love them. She wants a divorce. She says I dun listen." He tears up a little, "you're a nice lady and stuff, you know nice lady things. what do you think I should do?"

I check out the quest board she mentioned
4 - You squint at the questboard and pay close attention to the rewarde:
Pirates roam the East Coast and the local sheriff would pretty please very much like them to be cleared out! Reward: deed to the cave they use for smuggling. All gold and found items belong to you. 25 XP per pirate slain or evicted and 50 GP upon completion of the task.

Some sort of nasty Forest (?) Creature (?) has been plaguing the farms to the West! The local sheriff would be very grateful if you could pretty please with sugar on top track them, and scout out where they're coming from. That would be very nice of you. Proof of each creature killed will fetch a fun little monetary reward, yippee! 10 XP and 10 GP per creepy head.

Oh dear. Nasty Crocs have been snapping at boats. Please eradicate them and return their hides to Sam the leatherworker for a fair fee. 25 XP and 20 GP per croc slain and hide provided. Sam the leatherworker will make you a nice pair of boots or a cloak for free per 5 Crocs slain.

Lots of Love XoXo Sheriff Obba

The last is carved below in staccato handwriting:
Ma Mate Rimbo No Rum Jimbo dun and gon' disappeared in the spooky woods to the North. No doubt sleeping off last night yaaar haaar. I mean, haha. Anyway. I'd be mighty glad if you could go en fetch him quick like. Good reward and his rum ta boot, aye.

A note has been pinned to the side with flowing script:
Mister Fitzgerald seeking intrepid explorers to head North and discover the legendary Beastman caves! I am a fossil enthusiastic who has found evidence of a lost world. 40 GP granted on completion of setting up Basecamp. A further 100 GP granted for finding a viable entrance to the new world! And 20 GP per cave otherwise explored. Please report to the Three Tailed Lady tavern to make my acquaintance.

"Hopefully some of this crap will come in handy."
Read over the travel journals and see if I can get any helpful info from them.
6 - there are many delightful hidden places dotted throughout the Labyrinth. The great Dega'da'dremamore was once a well known elven stronghold, before demonic astral interlopers tried to strike it down. While places may be charged, it still stands tall - but some say it rots from within. Many homely creatures have made a nest in the anadoned hearttree, but dark forces lurk among it's roots as well. All in all, no longer a safe place to visit, though the vestiges of elven art and architecture remain.

Some say the old world still flourishes below the earth! Many an Adventurer has returned from the North to speak of mysterious caves. These caves supposedly lead to a verdant realm where primordial slimes and dinosaurs roam! These are clearly the rantings of madmen, left too long in the heat.

Southwest along the Lakeshore lies a hidden cave of crystal and treasure. Some day deep within lies the avatar of dreams itself. Countless delights are rumoured within, but few seem comfortable to venture deeper.

Big Church is the place to be! A pious society, but one that has abundant food and cheer. This time of year their streets are decked out in revelry for the festival! Come try your hand at many an amusing game and perhaps win paltry prizes and lovely fun memories.

Beware the haunted forest, bewitched by ghosts and spiders. The ruins of old barrows, harbouring the restless dead, lie dormsnt amongst the trees here. Some say a great sprawling undercity connects some of them through secret entrances, by those who may have found such riches remain tight lipped.

"Thanks. I don't know how to handle this kinda thing."
Check out that quest board since I got rescued by Terra, once I'm done reading what's there I'll head back to her to make sure everything's okay.
she did bail me out of that after all
3 - You make your way to the questboard. Your eyes glaze over reading the cutesy girlish script by you think you got the key points, maybe.

Pirates roam the East Coast and the local sheriff would pretty please very much like them to be cleared out!

Some sort of nasty Forest (?) Creature (?) has been plaguing the farms to the West! The local sheriff would be very grateful if you could pretty please with sugar on top track them, and scout out where they're coming from. That would be very nice of you. Proof of each creature killed will fetch a fun little monetary reward, yippee!

Oh dear. Nasty Crocs have been snapping at boats. Please eradicate them and return their hides to Sam the leatherworker for a fair fee.

Lots of Love XoXo Sheriff Obba

The last is carved below in staccato handwriting:
Ma Mate Rimbo No Rum Jimbo dun and gon' disappeared in the spooky woods to the North. No doubt sleeping off last night yaaar haaar. I mean, haha. Anyway. I'd be mighty glad if you could go en fetch him quick like. Good reward and his rum ta boot, aye.

You return to Terra to see it seems she has made a friend?

Pick up the dropped wands and make friendly gestures toward the turnips to hand back the other wand
1 - They startle and take this as a sign of aggression. The Turnip accidentally fires!

You take 7 damage and suddenly find yourself covered in snails and slugs!

Ongoing: 20 XP may be granted if you can correctly identify this wand's Quirk Effect and Target. Gain 10 XP for determining this wand's Quirk Duration. (giving this for free since this is the first sighting of an instantaneous wand. Now y'all know the duration can be set to this.)

Effect of Quirk:
Target of Quirk:
Duration of Quirk: Instantaeneous

Take aim with the same wand, is it going to make me Hiccup again? or is it making me Drunk?
4 - You fire the wand through slightly blurred vision and do 2 damage ! It is not enough to kill the creature and both reptiles charge at you!

You gain 75 XP from correctly identifying this wand's Quirk Effect and Target..

Effect of Quirk: Causes Drunkenness
Target of Quirk: Caster
Duration of Quirk: 50 XP reward
Check who those voices are. Perhaps they'd be interested in aiding my search, if not for the money, then for the alcohol.
6 - You wander over to a pair of very dapperly dressed bandits. You see they have pheasants slung over their shoulder. One of them holds the lead to a small reptilian creature. They spot you but seem jovial enough.

"Perhaps this guy can help us," said one, eyeing your gunpowder stains. "Name's Paul - don't suppose you've seen any more Compys around here?" He says, gesturing to the small dinosaur on the red lead. "Someone busted the cage and a few got loose."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Mages of Mass Destruction! RTD edition [Open! Turn FOO]
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2023, 08:28:46 am »

"Well, you could try listening. But if that don't work out, there are other options, you know."

Hand him the anime body pillow.

"Anyways, I gotta be going now, seeya!"

Go to where-ever Mark is going.

Spoiler: Terra's Description (click to show/hide)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Mages of Mass Destruction! RTD edition [Full,Turn 4]
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2023, 10:20:38 am »

How exactly do I track health here? I might as missed something or can't remember

Well those little turnips asked for it, quickdraw a wand and blast 'em!
Also guessing that wand quirk is the appearance/ creation of gastropods
and target of quirk is whoever the wand hits.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: Mages of Mass Destruction! RTD edition [Full,Turn 4]
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2023, 09:29:01 am »

Pirates.  I vote Pirates. 

Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2023, 01:14:15 pm »

"There seems to be a request for someone to find and retrieve 'Rimbo No Rum Jimbo', is that..."
Spoiler: Mark (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6