Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!  (Read 18870 times)

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2023, 09:13:45 am »

A, I’m sure that’s all traditional stuff

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2023, 10:36:27 am »

A

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2023, 07:34:58 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2023, 10:53:59 am »

You decide to join the celebrations personally!

Some time later there will be stories about drunken King Cyrus prancing hand-in-hand with a milkmaid and a tax collector to the music of bards and clapping of the laughing citizenry, a source of jokes and sayings for the coming decades.

For now, you return to the palace drunk, tired, and with a necklace of flowers you don't remember getting from anyone.

504 AD, Mid-Autumn

"My liege! A delegation of men from kingdom of Rycht has arrived by the Great River, and are unloading themselves and numerous soldiers on the capital's pier!" The guard's panicked report stirs equal if not worse panic amongst your councilmen.

"Are they attacking? How many of them are there?" Asks the Advisor, stepping forth.

"Unknown... but there's a lot of them, and the barges they've came on are loaded with crates and boxes and supplies!" Your councilmen raise a noise while the Advisor steps up to your throne.

"Whatever this is, my liege, we must act decisively!" He whispers into your ear, barely audible above the noise.

A) "Raise an alarm! It's an attack!"
B) "Send someone to find out their intentions at once!"
C) "Let's ride, I shall meet with those invaders personally!!"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2023, 11:07:05 am »

C

Ixarys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2023, 11:50:20 am »

Wait, Rycht is the kingdom of our wife.
Numerous soldiers debarking from a river sounds incredibly suspicious, but it’s either a very unfortunate misunderstanding or our father-in-law being a massive dickhead.

Mmh I guess it’s better to check by ourselves, C

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2023, 12:13:45 pm »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2023, 12:18:00 pm »

You quickly rouse some soldiers and able-bodied councilmen and ride out of the castle and down to the pier!

Just in time to see Rychtian soldiers disembarking with the heavy chests on their backs.

"I am King Cyrus, and I demand to know what is happening here, and there better be a good explanation!" You yell from horseback. The soldiers stop for a moment before hurriedly, a pair of men disembarks from the largest barge. One of them wears a robe with crest of Rycht, the other with the same crest Prince Vallurvo had on his cloak.

"Greetings! I am Ulko of Rycht. And this here is Rurik of Ingar." Rurik bows to you when he is introduced by his companion.

"Greetings to you, King Cyrus! On behalf of my master and lord, King Astri, I wish to present you these fine gifts." He snaps his fingers at Rychtian soldiers, who put down two boxes, prying them open. They're both full of dyed linens, orange and grey furs, and strings of copper and silver, and even some jewelry.

"For what reason?"

"King Astri heard of Prince Vallurvo's stay in your palace, especially about his drunken insults and his uncouth behavior towards your wife and queen. He wished to make amends for Prince's behavior, but as our nation does not have access to the Great River, we have asked our neighbours the Rychtans, to lend us some of their barges and soldiers to present these riches with utmost apologies to you, your courtiers, and your wife. We have many more boxes full of trinkets and cloth, and I hope that you accept them along with the apology?" You easily notice that some of your courtiers are craning their necks to peek at the boxes, no doubt laden with similar expensive items.

A) "I accept the apology and the fine gifts! Convey my gratitude to good King Astri!"
B) "You think our honor can be bought this cheap? You better double up on the boxes, or else!"
C) "Nay! In fact, I feel more insulted than I was before!!"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 01:42:49 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2023, 12:20:35 pm »

A

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2023, 12:22:13 pm »

A
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2023, 09:09:45 pm »

A

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2023, 01:25:34 am »

A!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2023, 02:03:28 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2023, 01:46:38 pm »

"I accept the apology and the fine gifts! Convey my gratitude to good King Astri!"

It takes half a day to unload all the barges, and there's four score of chests at the very least. Preserved furs, dyed linens, corded flax, ceramics and stoneware, trinkets of copper and bronze and silver even, even some gemstones and golden pieces.

When the Treasurer finishes counting all the gifted items, he is visibly giddy.

"My liege! This is a great gift, and if we sell the bulk of these, we can refill our Treasury somewhat and still adorn ourselves with some choice pieces!" The Advisor coughs and leans to your ear.

"On other hand, think of what your courtiers and people will say if you donate these treasures to them as a sign of your benevolence."

A) "Gifts are meant to be given away! So give these gifts to the people of Surinthomus!"
B) "Sell these away! What worth are fine fabrics and jewelry if we have nothing to buy basic wares with?"
SigFlags!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2023, 01:48:08 pm »

A. Same rationale as usual.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26