Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!  (Read 18862 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2023, 01:20:31 pm »

You take a sword from one of the guards and point it at the youth.

"Have at you!" He shouts angrily and attacks!

4*

Thic fights well, but you can't say that out loud, of course. He knows his stabs and jabs and parries quite competently, too. You go for a little sidestep and...

6*

And your sword impales him through his chest.

"Damn!" Then he collapses, vomits some blood, and dies.

You have the guards clean up the mess and have the corpse thrown to ravens, whilst councilmen murmur about your bravery and skill.

501 AD, Autumn

"The woodcutter's guild has a proposal?" You look up from your documents.

"Yes, my liege." Says one of the younger councilmen, bowing his head in respect as the guards close the door to your room. "They believe that after years of drought and this year's flood, the Great River will be calm for years to come, and it seems Druid are inclined to agree. So woodcutters are thinking to set up a big, big woodcutting camp in the east. The timber would be then sent downstream, and it could be sold for some profit."

"But they need money to get started."

"As it always is, my liege."

A) "No profits without investments, they say. Woodcutter's guild will have its money."
B) "Alas! I have nothing to spare."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2023, 02:21:52 pm »

Nobody is screaming at us about our lack of funds, so I'll risk A. I'm on the fence about it, though.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2023, 07:00:34 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2023, 02:00:50 am »

A
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2023, 12:42:42 pm »

You inform the young councilman that the woodcutters shall have their money.

501 AD, Mid-Autumn

The absolute last of Mammos have been brought to the Kingdom grounds by the soldiers sent there.

The tamers and Druids in charge of taming these majestic, but docile creatures, believe that there's good chances that the Mammos will breed in captivity and can be reintroduced to Surinthomusan pastures in coming years.

501 AD, Winter

Your wife Dugda is pregnant! The child should be born in Mid-Spring next year, if your healers and Druids are to be believed.

501 AD, End of the Year

When the Advisor brings in the Scrolls of Kingdom Status to you, you grimace at the sacred numbers.

Happiness: 2
Population: 3
Economy: 0!
Army: 4

"The situation is dire, my liege!" Says the Advisor, pacing about the room.

"Our Treasury is truly empty, the Mammos are not yet ready to be farmed, and the woodcutters are still setting up camp. Taxes this year barely covered our expenses and the Treasurer is saying that our Kingdom's economy is on road to nothing!"

"What are our choices?"

"Disband part of the Army, he says, melt down what's worth of the weapons for alloys and sell the rest so that we have at least some coin to maneuver with."

A) "Nay! I'm sure we can do without money for one year!"
B) "And he is right! Disband part of the army and squeeze that money outta the weapons!"
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2023, 12:53:29 pm »

Oops. B, obviously.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2023, 12:56:07 pm »

B No point in having an army we can't pay for in the first place. That's just asking for desertion and mutiny anyway.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2023, 03:12:04 pm »

B

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2023, 11:14:26 pm »

B

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2023, 01:32:37 am »

A Getting rid of even part of the army is how you let the commies win!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2023, 04:49:22 am »

You order part of the weapons to be melted and soldiers to be sent home.

502 AD, Spring

A terrible fever and fire in the lungs seizes you!

502 AD, Few days later

Your condition refuses to improve, and your healers are starting to worry.

502 AD, Few days afterwards

You barely are able to keep track of when it is day and night, the fever causing you to lapse into sleep periods. Whenever you wake up, you see your wife, or the Advisor, or one of the healers tending to you.

502 AD, One week later

4*

"How is the kingdom faring?" You ask the Advisor before a fiery coughing fit overtakes you. The Advisor patiently wait until you are finished.

"There were reports of unrest in the cities downriver. There's apparently this thought coursing in the mind of peasants that your illness and your spending of money on the wedding rather than relieving their pains is a clear sign that you are not meant to rule." You have a coughing fit, which lasts for quite a while.

"Has that been solved?" The Advisor nods.

"I have sent a letter in your name to be read to the unruly populace, and, well, they've calmed down. It should keep them quiet for some time." You dismiss the Advisor when another coughing fit takes you.

502 AD, One week after that

2*

You keep having coughing fits and sleeping well into the noon and eating little, sometimes passing out in middle conversation. Healers are alarmed - is it your body giving up after just 22 years? They're considering the illnesses that might've seized your body and each one they talk about is worse than previous.

You hope they're all wrong.

Congratulations! Cyrus has gained Sickly negative trait!

502 AD, Few days afterwards

4*

Still having those little coughing fits, and not feeling particularily well on your two feet, you nonetheless leave the bed.

"I have a Kingdom to govern." You grumble to the healers, who let you go. You've been bedridden for almost whole month.

502 AD, Mid-Spring

The bawling of the baby seals the moment a new life is born. The healers let you inside your wife's bedchamber, and there she is, red-faced and tired, holding a crying baby in her hands.

"Your son, your Majesty." The master healer says with a soft smile.

As her priviledge as the mother, she has given him a name - Len, after one of the woodland spirits revered in this part of the region. One day, he will ascend to the throne of Surinthomus.

You hold the child briefly, hoping that he won't have to take upon this duty too soon.

502 AD, Summer

The Treasurer is very happy when he presents you the news on woodcutting - and the raising of Mammos.

"First of all - our woodcutters and timber merchants have begun sending the logs downriver on barges and returned with news that settlements of our neighbours are paying well. The tolls on the river passes and harbors we've resumed collecting have brought some revenue to the Treasury."

"And the Mammos?" You ask, before choking on the air briefly, coughing some.

"The younger specimens we captured have matured and began being used to help move heavy things. Some older specimens were killed for fur, tusks and meat, which quickly found buyers. Although this is very little in terms of profits, we've already had some foreigners inquiring about our captive animals."

"How long before this venue brings profit?"

"I have talked with the Druids. In five years time, we should have more than enough Mammos to being separating them into herds, and five years from then, we ought have a surplus big enough to consider selling it to our neighbours if you so desire."

502 AD, Autumn

You bow your beard as the Archdruid comes in for audience.

"Greetings, your Majesty. I have come to deliver urgent news - the spirits of Heaven and Earth do not view you favorably." This revelation causes your councilmen to stir into a murmuring, grumbling crowd, before the Advisor silences them.

"Is it because of the usurpation?"

"Or the capture of Mammos. Or the cutting down of trees. There's a way to please the unseen spirits with visible signs of devotion - reconstructing the Great Stone Circle could be one." The Treasurer has a coughing fit, but the Archdruid simply waits till it passes.

"How do we go about that?"

"Many of the megaliths are missing their capstones, which were once put in their places by the combined might of men and Mammos. Now that you have the Mammos, the Circle could be reconstructed, missing captsones and megaliths replaced, and the surrounding buildings occupied by Druids refurbished." The Treasurer has another coughing fit, and you start to get the point.

A) "No!"
B) "Sure... in a few years' time."
C) "Alright, I shall order the Great Stone Circle to be repaired!"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 01:35:37 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2023, 04:59:36 am »

B

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2023, 11:05:21 am »

B

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2023, 01:27:50 pm »

The Archdruid smiles.

"As you wish, your Majesty. We will come back to this matter in few years time."

502 AD, End of the Year

Happiness: 2
Population: 3
Economy: 2
Army: 3

You tap away at the Scrolls of Kingdom Status, as if it would cause the numbers to magically go up.

"We've recovered from the most pressing matters, my liege." Says the Advisor, rolling them up. "Now we just have to carefully continue onwards, balancing the issues and making the numbers slowly climb up. I'm sure the next year will be easy on us, I just feel it!"

503 AD, Summer

The Treasurer delivers a report that revenue from timber sold downriver has brought profits again.

"There's been some unrest downriver, my liege." Says the Advisor after you dismiss the Treasurer.

"How bad?"

"Ah, the usual... your tax collectors are too harsh, the spirits are against you, that you've spent money on frivolties instead of alleviating the woes of the people."

"Uh-huh."

"Now however that we have a somewhat stable source of income, my liege, I would propose that we sponsor some festivals and feasts for the peasants and artisans. Show them at the economy is improving well enough we have spare coin for such big things."

A) "Fine, go and fund some festivals on my behalf."
B) "Nay, we need every coin we can get for the future trouble!"
SigFlags!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2023, 01:35:13 pm »

A
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26