Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!  (Read 18872 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM Z-th! King Cyrus of Surinthomus!
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2023, 02:21:43 pm »

B

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2023, 02:29:26 pm »

B We need some stable income right now. Plus, it's not like we can't try our hand at setting up a metal crafts trade at a later point.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2023, 02:38:15 pm »

You order solid metals to be sold for solid cash.

510 AD, End of the Year

What a tumultuous year this was - and you feel glad to be at the cusp of leaving it behind.

One more thing is to be done and that starts when the Advisor brings Scrolls of Kingdom Status for you.

Happiness: 5
Population: 3
Economy: 3
Army: 3

This is looking good, you tell yourself, smiling.

"As expected the timber and metals are quick to repair the financial situation of your Kingdom, your Majesty." The Advisor says, stroking his beard thoughtfully.

511 AD, Spring

Your guards arrive to mention that a delegation from the rivermouth Kingdom of Suisto has come to seek audience with you.

"Suisto?" Your ask the Advisor, who also seems a little surprised by the visit.

"I don't think even the Usurper bothered with them. Let's see, yes, they are far past Rycht, Ingar and even Murra. If my mind does not fool me, Suisto are peoples of the boat and the great waters, where fish, death and the long dark are aplenty. Rarely our people have come to do business with them."

A) "This makes me infinitely curious about their purpose in coming here. Let them in!"
B) "Fishermen from distant lands? Far beneath my notice, turn them away!"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2023, 02:53:35 pm »

A
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2023, 03:10:12 pm »

A

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2023, 03:11:39 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2023, 04:07:26 pm »

You order the Suiso delegation in. They wear linen, brightly colored, and fur caps on their heads. Their hands and fingers, long and thin, are adorned with bone rings and bracelets.

"Greetings, King Syrus of Surinthomus! We have come to warn you of a great calamity that is lurking to befall you and your peoples!" The courtiers gathered in the room immediately start murmuring, whispering and grumbling.

"And what would that be?" The Advisor says as the delegates bow their heads.

"A great calamity!" Says their leader, then takes his hat off, exposing his sparse, messy, dark blonde hair. "You see, ours is the faith of the Waters, and we have oracles - shellsingers - who venture into the depths to procure shells of specific kind, and then they listen to their murmur, discerning prophecies of both great and mundane import. Our King, Tuomas, has recently asked the greatest of Shellsingers, to advise him on the future. Imagine his surprise when he was told a prophecy that would affect not his kingdom, but someone's else!"

"What's the prophecy?" You ask loudly, and silence enters the place, as your courtiers are, of course, very interested in it as well.

"Here it is, our King ordered us to memorize the lines. It goes like this: When the young star rises in the east, a bloated, old one falls. When the trees resume moving west, the ice giant rages. When the young star loses part of its luster, it crashes upon its domain in voracious flames, causing great stress, and famine, and death." Your courtiers resume their murmuring, but the Advisor silences them with his staff.

"Let me elaborate, what our King and his advisors believe this means." The leader of the delegation says. "The first part, is about you. You, a rising star, have cast down the bloated, corrupt Usurper - the old star. Few years after your peoples started sending lumber down the river - to the west - there was one winter of terrible blizzards that even our people struggled against. And recently, as our King has learned, you have lost your son in terrible tragedy - you have lost part of your luster."

"And the crashing part?" The leader of the delegation shakes his head.

"We do not know what that might be. But our wise men had some ideas and each is worse than previous, up tp and including the Sun herself falling down upon your kingdom. King Tuomas ordered us to sail upriver, to your Kingdom, and warn you, as the shellsingers say that if one part of the prophecy will cease to be true, so shall it will never not come to pass in full."

"Cease sending lumber down the river, to western kingdoms, is what you mean!" The Treasurer speaks up, glaring at the westerners.

"You cannot bring neither Usurper, nor your son, back to life, King Syrus." The Suiso diplomat states the obvious. "So this is the only way!"

A) "Thank you for this warning. We shall cease lumber trade immediately!"
B) "Listening to seashells and divining the future out of them is the stupidest idea I have ever heard about. Begone at once, and trouble my people no more!"
C) "You've ventured so far to warn us despite not knowing much. Your King and your people ought to be rewarded - with precious copper and lead!"
D) "Call for the Archdruid! What do the omens of the Creator and voices of the spirits have to say about this?"
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 04:19:54 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2023, 04:17:38 pm »

Uh... can we ask our own religious reps what they think of this first?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2023, 04:19:26 pm »

Briefly forgot this is not atheist run, hold on :P
SigFlags!

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2023, 04:20:46 pm »

D

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2023, 05:13:35 pm »

D

I assume this won't cause the delegation to be sent away.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2023, 05:28:08 pm »

D

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2023, 06:08:05 pm »

D

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 29, 2023, 12:17:48 am »

You call for the Archdruid.

He arrives some time later that day, and listens in to the prophecy, and your concerns about it.

"My liege, the omens in sky and earth do not portent any calamity to befall your Kingdom, subjects or family in the coming days. The visitors and their watery oracles are clearly mistaken. And, since when do you listen to them?" The courtiers nod and murmur to each other.

A) "Indeed! Guards, take our guests and show them the way back to their lands!"
B) "Charlatans! They are conspiring against me, throw the Suisto delegation into the dungeon!"
C) "I still think they wouldn't take the trip if they weren't serious about it. The sending of lumber westwards must cease!"
D) "No, no, I am convinced of their truthfulness, and they have to be rewarded for it! Bring them copper and lead!"
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26