Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Various specifics... and archery  (Read 640 times)

mooseproduce

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Various specifics... and archery
« on: February 08, 2007, 10:19:00 pm »

There seems to be a frightening lack of documentation for this game... for instance, what are the "stats" for particular body parts? Is there a benefit to grabbing someone by the thumb, as opposed to the hand? How about foot as opposed to leg? Maybe smaller things are easier to grab, but do less damage? :P

And also, archery... archery is really cool. I like backing up my meatsh-- my mates. But is there any way to aim for specific body parts? Like... hitting random stuff kind of sucks. I'd rather it be more like wrestling, in that you need to make tactical choices about what you aim for. :'(

Just throw a wealth of informantion at me, man... also, where's the town mayor?! I found a huge building (with 3 floors, even) but all it contained was two chairs at the back of the first floor. Isn't the mayor a purple "U" somewheres?.. I need a map of general human town layouts. :P

FunkyBomb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Various specifics... and archery
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 11:14:00 pm »

There's not really any advantage to grabbing someone by a toe or finger. You can throw/takedown by their digits, or pinch them if you grabbed with your hands. Since you can do that to ANY part of the body that can be grabbed, there's not really a point in specifically choosing to grab those parts.

Grabbing the head with your hands to gouge out eyes or grabbing the throat to choke are both very nasty moves. Make sure you throw the target before you proceed to choking or gouging, so they'll be stunned while you do it. You don't have to continue choking them until they die--use 'k' to look at them and see if they're "Faint" or "Pale", and you can let go then and they'll likely die of blood loss soon afterward.

There's no way to aim for specific body parts if you're not wrestling, unfortunately.

The Mayor is in the big building with tables and chairs everywhere. It can be spotted pretty easily because the door will usually be off center. Sometimes the Mayor isn't there, and he's off doing... Mayor stuff, I guess. Just leave the town, walk away, and come back, and he should be there.