Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Toccata of Dusk [IC]  (Read 5238 times)

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: Toccata of Dusk [IC]
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2023, 04:54:50 am »

The sound of arrows. The sound of trouble. And the sound of glory!
Sigurd clamoured to his feet, grabbing his axe and his shield, and hurried to join the others in confronting these new intruders.
"Aye. Sounds like trouble. To battle!", came an eager shout.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2023, 01:29:11 pm »

The mayor stands up and walks towards the door.
"Let's see what you're made of, hunters. I'll keep this crapshow in order and organize the water. You keep the monsters in check and if you can make a breakthrough, feel free to wave a city guard in your direction so they can toss you a bucket."

The outside was soaked in orange-red by the sunset and the ravaging fires. City-inwards, you can see less damages but also a strange robed person who is seemingly ignored by the nearby animated flame. As they wave their arms around, some of you recognize what he is doing: Channeling dark arts. A traitor among the citizens of Pazin, that much is sure. City-outwards, a small army of walking skeletons march towards you, slashing and shooting at the occasional city guard who was trying to put out fires until then. Most manage to dodge and flee in your direction, others are... less fortunate. And around you, ocular monstrosities from the bowels of hell seem to have a magical link to these fires that walk around and worsen the situation instead of behaving naturally. In the distance, a dreadful fog was visible, striking faint fear in your hearts. Yet, you are also aware that there is... something inside of it.

"Blightfog... So something big is there. Bet it commands this attack here."
"There is too much evil energy in the air. We must cleanse this area we can charge at the commander. I bet this vile person is generating this dark force corrupting the area."
"Heh... Feel free to leave these boneheads to us while you stop the ritual. We can do it!"

The moment the battle plan was formulated, something peaks out of the Blightfog.
"I sense humans with great spirit... Oh, it shall be my pleasure to crush it into pieces. Come here and challenge me if you dare! I shall show you the meaning of pain and suffering!"
With a laughter echoing from the iron helmet, the mysterious warrior returns into the fog.

~TURN 1~
Player Phase
Theme: Rusty Hearts - Lower Plant BMG

0/100 EXP
Spoiler: Units Overview (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:36:19 pm by SirAston »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2023, 02:43:13 pm »

The town is in chaos fire's spreading. Even as he speaks, a demon gathers animated fire around him.

"Not today." Bernhard lumbers forward to R4, winding up to punch down the Corrupted Observer B.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2023, 02:43:58 pm »

Sasaki moves to I6 and extinguishes the fire on I5.

Moving quickly, the rogue ronin sprinted over to the nearest fire and overturned a nearby water barrel, letting it extinguish the flames.

"Cowardly tactics. / You want to burn innocents? / I'll not allow it!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2023, 02:52:00 pm »

Ah, yes, flying disembodied eyeballs... your lord of darkness has a peculiar taste.

Move to Q5 and gouge the Corrupting Observer B's eye out, dealing physical damage.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2023, 03:09:25 pm »

: Put out the fires while yer at it! Dinnae let the village burn down!

Barry followed Sasaki as he put out the fires, leaving the way open for him.

: Ta! Now it's Barry time!

Barry to I5, punch the eye.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2023, 04:16:03 pm »

Amadeo's gaze immediately focuses on the robed person.

"A witch! Should have known this was no natural fire. Come face your judgment, slave of the Devil!"

He runs directly towards them, intending to bring an end to the evil magic as soon as possible.

I3.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2023, 04:19:49 am »

Bernhard, feeling duty-bound to protect his home, rushes straight into battle against the most unnatural of opponents. His bravery didn't come without consequences though.

Quote from: Bernhard vs Corrupting Observer B
Bernhard foolhardily utters a challenge...
Bernhard stands above the rest!
Bernhard rises to the challenge!

Bernhard attacks!
Hit: 94(86). Miss!

Corrupting Observer counterattacks!
Hit: 12(92). Hit!
Crit: No
Bernhard takes 11 damage!

Bernhard attacks again!
Hit: 85(86). Hit!
Crit: 51(11)
Corrupting Observer takes 9 damage!
2 EXP

The man from the land of the rising sun let his brain work as fast as his feet and handles the raging fire to great effect.

Quote from: Sasaki
Fire on I5 extinguished.
The large amount of water defeats Animated Flame B and Animated Flame C instantly.
6 EXP

With glowing hands and nimble footwork, the assassin of the Morning Stars showcases what he had repeated hundreds of times in training. Dealing with a non-humanoid body is not an issue when the weakspot is so glaringly obvious.

Quote from: Jahid vs. Corrupting Observer B
Jahid has the Lord on his side!
Jahid is the Divine Sandstorm!

Jahid attacks!
Hit: 48(95). Hit!
Crit: 43(18)
Corrupting Observer takes 5 damage!
Adept: 55(8)

Hit: 95(64). Miss!

Jahid attacks again!
Hit: 25(95). Hit!
Crit: 89(18)
Corrupting Observer takes 5 damage!
Corrupting Observer is defeated!
5 EXP

The other floating eyeball soon learns that one should not trifle with the bottom line of a tavernkeep. Especially if they come equipped with hands that can grip more than just kegs. Once it was done, the Observer lies several meters away from Barry, slowly dissolving.

Quote from: Barry vs Corrupting Observer A
Barry's overconfidence brings problems...

Barry attacks!
Hit: 26(88). Hit!
Crit: 63(6)
Corrupting Observer takes 10 damage!

Hit: 96(92). Miss!

Barry attacks again!
Hit: 21(88). Hit!
Crit: 3(6). Critical!
Corrupting Observer takes 30 damage!
Corrupting Observer is defeated!
5 EXP

18/100 EXP
Spoiler: Units Overview (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)

adzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2023, 04:50:34 am »

...Staring is rude... The path is clear, someone's gonna put that fire out?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2023, 05:03:48 am »

"Aye, this flame is out. / There are yet more in danger. / Let us clear a path.
Every moment counts. / The fire must not consume more. / We shall stop it here."

Sasaki leveled his pistols at the nearby robed figure but didn't fire; ammo was precious and he wasn't going to waste it before he studied the creature's movements. In the steamy haze rising around him from the extinguished fire, it almost looked like there was an outline of a large butterfly perched on the side of his hat before the eastern wind swept the illusion away.

"Further to the west / I see an evil wizard. / It must die, quickly."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 10:53:05 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2023, 09:05:14 am »

A bit bloodied from unantural magic, Bernhard still stands, looking towards the skeletons.
They're all over the place. These dark magics are not for us. And who abandons Paizen is a fool.

So said, he prepares to hold the line, trusting others to take care of the fire and necromancer.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2023, 12:29:07 pm »

"Someone from Pazin? It can't be."

Bärbel and her raven hung in the smoke-filled sky like a black omen before swooping down towards a fleeing guard, their forms becoming more recognizable as she reached out her hand for water.

"Quickly, a pail," she called, and then was back in the air. "First the fires, but I have to know who, and why."

G-2, extinguish fire on F-2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2023, 03:22:23 am »

J6

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2023, 09:10:00 am »

Leo R5, he puts the fire out. Vincinza R3.

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2023, 07:47:07 pm »

Right, monsters. I'd wonder where they came from, but that is both somewhat obvious, and not the most important thing... One thing at a time Kay, one thing at a time: it's clear that some of those flames have been animated by some kind of magic, and by the looks of things the source may be those... eye monsters? What do I remember about them...
Before she could finish her thought both of the "Corrupted Watchers" had been slain by her compatriots, as well as any animated flame visible from the Tavern entrance.
Oh? Well that's those issues dealt with.

Still, there are still strands of magic... they seem to connect those skeletons to... that mysterious robed individual.
At the risk of pointing out the obvious: I think our robed "friend" over there may be some kind of Necromancer; I'm going to move closer, see if I can't learn anything about whatever magic they are using to create those perversions of nature.

Move to K3
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7