Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Unification: The Castle  (Read 2582 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Unification: The Castle
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2023, 02:24:03 pm »

General Aino climbed into the vehicle, the thing surprisingly not tilting under the bulk of her armor. "Nascents can be anywhere. Anything that could potentially eat its own universe and then move on to the next. Less dangerous to start, insofar as universe-eating aberrations have a 'less dangerous' setting. Technically, yes, you can stop them without fighting, but that requires convincing something that could eat the universe that it shouldn't." The armor shrugged at Solemn's question. "I have no idea what you people encountered before now. We weren't exactly given a thorough briefing when we got here."

The vehicle quietly hummed its way through the halls after everyone had securely seated themselves. "There's a central hub to grab these from. You'll want them to get around," she said, gesturing to the vehicle. "I'll show you that at the end of the tour." She pulled the cart into a large side door, which closed behind them. The room shifted, and began to ascend. "These elevators are the main way to change levels. They're fairly spread out, but there are maps." When it came to rest, the General scooted the vehicle out. "Here's where you'll want to stay." They drove into another cavernous room, lit to appear more natural than the rest. The space was large enough to hold rows of apartment buildings, and some standalone houses besides. "There's no system for assigning bunks, so feel free to pick something."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 02:29:41 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Takosher

• Bay Watcher
  • Cute Vampire Witch Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2023, 02:29:01 pm »

Nanonai

Nanonai initially rode along in the vehicle, but upon entering the vast room she teleported upwards in order to get a better view of her surroundings. Somehow she seemed to remain anchored to the vehicle, remaining in precisely the same position relative to it.
Am Shami, I run RPs. People seem to like them.
Currently focused on Defile Circles, a game all about being corrupted by demonic powers while trying to figure out a magic system where there are literally billions of possible spells.
Defile Circles Discord

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2023, 03:10:17 pm »

Aiko and Shizu

Aiko looks around like a tourist in a big city, more than a little surprised. ”And I thought the castle was pretty big…”

”This location seems impractically large to be indoors. Or in a space station.”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2023, 04:16:52 pm »

Lyra tried to make a mental map of the area from what she was seeing, thinking of the best spot for her and Ehto to stay… “Definitely quite the space that’s been set up here. Reminds me a little of Coldrock Haven…” the way she trailed off made it clear she wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or not.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2023, 04:45:43 pm »

Tayir

"Might just be some magic at work.  I've seen some big dungeons and such before."

"Still, this is really impressive.  Big and open."

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2023, 03:19:23 am »

Ea

Ea thought about the living situation for a moment, considering her options. She wasn't certain if this strange stationary station could connect to any place in the feywild, so her hopes of just retreating back to her own realm might be a bit slim.

"I'd prefer one of the larger options, simply due to the nature of my retainers. I leave you open to join me, if you can deal with their antics from time to time."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2023, 08:06:52 pm »

"Yes, it is," the General replied. "We have no idea how or why this place exists, other than that the previous occupants were trying to fight the Trespasser threat." She continued driving for a while, passing blocks of identical buildings until they came to another towering elevator. "There's a place where the gravity switches in here, so keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times." She rolled the cart into the elevator carriage, pressing a few buttons on her vehicle. The thing lurched to life and brought them upward at a decent clip until they had one somewhat disorienting moment where up became down without their direction of motion changing, though thankfully the elevator seemed to rotate with gravity as to not spill them anywhere. "The next stop is the office and administration level. If you have any questions for later, there's a library on this floor. Stored entirely on paper. Good luck."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2023, 12:45:26 pm »

Aiko and Shizu

"Previous occupants... have you found no natives to this universe to speak to you of it, then? Or is there some strangeness to this one?"

"The mystery makes it cooler though. Aside from the library."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2023, 06:55:57 pm »

Solemn

Solemn gives a nod and then sits back, bracing for the stomach turning loop that changes her entire field of view. When her body has settled, she follows up on the next interesting part.

"Must need a few librarians for maintaining that, if it's of a size matching the houses. Do yah have any locales for forging and smithing, or is this place too advanced for the old methods of doing it by hand?"

Solemn also tried to ignore the fact that this place had been occupied by trespasser hunters before, and what could have wiped them out.

Sora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2023, 05:36:57 am »

Ea

"Speaking of being too advanced, what kind of progress was your original world on? Do you have anyone here who still worships the gods? Also, how did you figure out how to operate all these things if they're so foreign to you? Did one of your homes have similiar technology?

While the question was pretty specific, Ea asked so she could get a general understanding of the kind of "World" they were in now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 09:54:37 am by Sora »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2023, 10:43:54 am »

"There's probably a forge or something. I don't know, I found a welding torch and I was happy with that." Ea got a distinct sense that the General was rolling her eyes at her. "Yes, religion exists, I have a Master's in engineering and a professional engineer license, and I can read."

She scooted the vehicle out of the elevator once it arrived and drove past the library. "If you want to figure out how everything here works, then you can get out now. Otherwise I'm going up to the TV."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2023, 11:13:03 am »

Aiko and Shizu

"Oooooh, interdimensional TV. Does it get a lot of channels?"

"I assume if it is an item on the tour, it is a more intriguing machine."
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 11:27:51 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2023, 12:57:17 pm »

Brynn
It was at that point Brynn silently got up and departed the vehicle, more interested in what records the Library yet held than the mediocrity of television.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2023, 01:17:53 pm »

Lyra considered joining the group headed to the library, but... she could always go by herself later. In the meantime, she was interested in what the television was capable of.

Hopefully Shizu was right and it there was more to it than just playing channels from across the universe, as interesting as that sounded.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2023, 01:07:55 pm »

The General caught the tail end of Brynn climbing out, but decided not to comment. If she wanted to be like that, it wasn't her job to deal with it. Instead, she continued to another lift, which led to a smaller set of halls that necessitated them getting out of the vehicle. Fortunately, the distance wasn't far, and they quickly came to. . . well, it was electronic, probably. A room full of screens and keyboards, blinking lights, exposed wires, and other electronic viscera, with a massive screen on one wall wide enough for three people to comfortably walk through abreast. . . if it were an opening. "This is the TV. Probably the most important thing on the station. No, I don't know how it works, and I don't have a shaman to help me do so. It accesses signals - more or less arbitrary ones - to communicate with other universes. Once it identifies a Nascent - or a full-blown Trespasser - it locks on, and we can walk though that big screen there to head to its universe to put it down. There are a few worlds written into its memory, but the amount is heavily limited. All the storage and memory in this thing is sub-potato."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6