Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy - Game Over, Town has won  (Read 15073 times)

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (squad strength 3) Day 4
« Reply #300 on: September 09, 2023, 07:02:06 pm »

So you assumed scum only got one shot?

Yeah, I can now see why my reasoning was terrible.

That idea come from learning that the rifles were all one shot, so i think I just assumed that everyone had rifles and maybe special abilities.

It's hard to remember the exact thought process i had from three days ago

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 09, 2023, 07:04:04 pm »

I'm not sure I quite buy that.

How confident are you that I'm town?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 09, 2023, 07:20:07 pm »

right now?

I'll drag sofa to your level and say that I am very confused, and that Sofa, while was rated town by me, has a odd feeling to them.

While any gut reads are terrible for this situation, it's just not quite sure what to feel at this time.

On second thought, sofa is very obvious about being friendly with you, basically having full trust and all.
That might be the odd feeling

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 09, 2023, 07:25:28 pm »

If you're so confused, then why haven't you asked me a single question back, up to and including the most obvious one?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 09, 2023, 07:36:27 pm »

Good point, I have never thought of that

EP: Have you even shot anyone? Or, did you actually save it?

Still going to assume that you're not going to talk about any night actions until Sofa says something

If you're so confused, then why haven't you asked me a single question back, up to and including the most obvious one?

Does saying "are you town or scum" count as obvious? not sure about what it would actually be
Oh wait, would it be about the 1 shot rifles, or something else? not sure what the obvious question is
Or who I found most suspicious?

What would NJW motivation be for killing CM, when we know that both are town?

I may have other questions but brain failing right now.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 09, 2023, 07:43:09 pm »

There's also:

What do you think of either me or sofa?

Why did the mod clarify that sofa was using discord to send actions this late into the game?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 09, 2023, 08:05:24 pm »

The obvious questions are "were you shot last night" and "how are you alive"? I mean, I claimed having lost a vest, which means I should die in one shot, which means scum should have shot me last night to win the game, which means I should be dead right now. The first question, at least, seems like it should be incredibly obvious to someone who doesn't already know the answer (because they shot me).

Okay and now you're asking me a million questions at once, some of which are generic or seem unlikely to help with scumhunting. Why? This is just more defensive play. Anyway:

No, I haven't shot anyone. Nobody has managed to shoot scum this game (unless scum caught a shot from a player who died the same night and didn't claim it) so I stand by that decision.

I think you are both scummy, you more than him. I don't mean that both of you are scum, obviously, or the game would be over, only that you both act in/feel a way I would expect scum to act/feel.

CM hadn't flipped yet so NJW didn't know he was town, meaning that he presumably thought NJW was scum and shot him on that basis. This is a ridiculous question.

I'm not explaining the last one until sofanthiel posts. I don't think he'll change my mind, but you never know.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 09, 2023, 08:40:22 pm »

Pfp

I mean, you always claim last for night actions so I wasn't expecting you to answer anything about the night until sofa claims.

The million and one questions would be the questions I just have currently that needed answering.
I can see why I'm looking scummy right now, but if I was even scum, I don't think I will consider shooting you with an possible medic around.

I mean, until someone dies, we can't be sure whether they were saying the truth about losing the vest.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 10, 2023, 01:23:25 am »

I didn't shoot but did get shot

This would've been a little more helpful if you shared the above information earlier, specifically prior to my vote/kill counting; you could be trying to falsify my reasoning and its conclusion by way of deception.
I claimed having lost a vest, which means I should die in one shot, which means scum should have shot me last night to win the game, which means I should be dead right now. The first question, at least, seems like it should be incredibly obvious to someone who doesn't already know the answer (because they shot me).

While you might be trying to pretend that faking being vestless as a means of redirecting mafia was a smart move, even though we all had intact armor and this basically did nothing except, as I called it yesterday, mess with our day logic, there's just one thing you're missing: we only had 1 scum pretty much the whole game (otherwise, they would've already won), and there needs to be an equal amount of scum and town for a scum win.
Win Conditions Reminder: Town must kill all Mafia, Mafia must equal or outnumber Town, Third Party (if exist) must fulfill whatever wincon

What does this tell us?  We don't have a third party that could've shot!  Oh, and you wanna know the best part?  Claiming you got attacked twice in a row and then saying the first claim was a trick is a dead alignment giveaway!  The mafia would've known it was fake, as they didn't shoot you!!  Bang! Bang!

EP

I also thought I'd mention that hammering our precious NJW right after he admitted to being a special town role is the least town thing ever, but that mechanical flop is enough to disregard anything and everything else.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 10, 2023, 02:08:04 am »

HAMMER of Two (2) votes.
Wait, we've got a hammer on the last day?!!

Unvote

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 10, 2023, 10:15:02 am »

I never actually said I was vestless, though that was the obvious implication, and I wasn't lying when I said I was shot. Being the Named Stormtrooper Cadet, this game's version of the Good Sergeant, I started with two vests. That's part of why I never shot—so long as I had two vests left, I was always confident I'd live until the next night, until last night where there was no point in shooting (since it was practically impossible to kill another player unless I happened to shoot the same target as scum, which would make that player town).

I didn't claim my vest in advance because (1) I thought it'd throw scum off-balance and (2) I wanted to guarantee that I, the only person I absolutely 100% knew beyond a shadow of a doubt had a vest, would be shot. Unfortunately, it seems to have thrown town off-balance too.

I hammered NJW because I still thought he might be scum and he was the only guy without a vest. If we lynched me, scum would have shot NJW and we would have lost last night. If we lynched you or TCk and they flipped town, it'd have been a 50/50. From my point of view, lynching NJW was essentially free—even if he flipped town, it'd give us another day to deliberate.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 10, 2023, 11:44:06 am »

You're absolutely right; lynching NJW was necessary, regardless of his alignment.  I guess the only other option was doing a no-lynch; however, that wouldn't have gotten us anywhere.

Now, can you please elaborate on the following?

Why did the mod clarify that sofa was using discord to send actions this late into the game?
I'm not explaining the last one until sofanthiel posts. I don't think he'll change my mind, but you never know.

I thought the medium of communication with the GM had no tangible effect on anything in the game and thus considered it irrelevant, but maybe I'm missing some crucial detail?  Dunno, though I sure would like to, as you're being unusually cryptic about the whole thing!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 10, 2023, 11:56:55 am »

Oh right. As of the beginning of D4, your profile's Last Online time was before the start of N3, meaning that you couldn't have submitted a night action. From my perspective as someone who was shot last night, that would essentially mod-confirm you town. But since you've been submitting actions via Discord, that isn't the case.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 10, 2023, 12:12:20 pm »

I've actually disabled "Show others my online status", so I'm not certain it would even update if I simply send a message.  I believe it only changes when I make public posts.  Still, I could definitely be wrong.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 10, 2023, 12:15:58 pm »

Last Active seems to update whenever you do anything, even refresh a page. Yours read 9:08 a minute ago, for example. I'm pretty sure all that toggle does is remove the Online/Offline badge.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25